Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th April 2024, 11:10   #1
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Default Rear Upper Arms

Has anyone come across STARLINE rear upper uspension arm?
Available from ECP.
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders. Walnut Handbrake Handle

Wanted: Walnut auto gear stick handle
Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2024, 13:25   #2
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Get the ones from dmgrs . He has some specials listed that have been worked. You know what your getting. ..
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2024, 14:55   #3
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

agree with the above.. I have found Starline not to be of the best quality.

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2024, 01:55   #4
CDT Player
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Another shout here for the DMGRS ones they may cost more than the Starline ones but the DMGRS are quality parts.

Until your post I hadn't heard of Starline let alone their 75 upper rears. I was only aware of three after market ones the DMGRS, Indian or Chinese ones. These Starline ones must be new to the market and are likely untested with us 75/ZT owners.

Go for the DMGRS ones plus you're supporting a company that specially caters for the Rover 75/MG ZT (plus 25/45/ZR/ZS).
CDT Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2024, 10:15   #5
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sln8458 View Post
Has anyone come across STARLINE rear upper uspension arm?
Available from ECP.
I would say avoid these they are most likely renamed Chinese ones, i doubt any more have been made by someone else since, there are thousands of Chinese ones out there that sellers are stuck with.

Are yours anywhere near the one below.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...73#post2994273

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2024, 10:34   #6
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Hi Steve,

ATM, I believe the answer is NO.
Looked ok last I was under the car. but I know these are a potential issue and I am planning to drop the subframe etc during the summer for some TLC as the car is 19yrs old, so just looking around for parts. I know that I have a broken spring (about 1/4 turn has separated from the bottom of one) so need to replace both (hence my post on the springs). Got a subframe sorted, (thanks Andy) got a pair replacement shocks in the garage, so now looking around for the arms.

I know that DMGRS have had some made to their 'revised' spec and that they get good reviews. However that does not mean that the STARLINE ones are rubbish, though they may be. Since I have NO direct experience with any STARLINE products I though I would ask.
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Towbar with full Rover harness.

Old 22nd April 2024, 11:20   #7
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sln8458 View Post
Hi Steve,

ATM, I believe the answer is NO.
Looked ok last I was under the car. but I know these are a potential issue and I am planning to drop the subframe etc during the summer for some TLC as the car is 19yrs old, so just looking around for parts. I know that I have a broken spring (about 1/4 turn has separated from the bottom of one) so need to replace both (hence my post on the springs). Got a subframe sorted, (thanks Andy) got a pair replacement shocks in the garage, so now looking around for the arms.

I know that DMGRS have had some made to their 'revised' spec and that they get good reviews. However that does not mean that the STARLINE ones are rubbish, though they may be. Since I have NO direct experience with any STARLINE products I though I would ask.
Hi Stephen.
I see therefore it maybe worth asking ECP a few questions, where they are made, and by whom, wouldn't it be great if we had try before you buy

I did my rear subframe and upper lower arms including the roll bar, drop links on the tourer just before i sold it.

I managed to get hold of a sub frame from seller whom them from Spain which had all the above attached.

Treated and painted the whole lots a couple of coats.

Made a wooden jig to lift it up level, also used some all thread bolted into the subframe has guides to make sure it went onto the subframe correctly, they have just been borrowed to Devlish whom is doing his this come few weeks.

New bolts and washers used also.

My arms when taken off.

When they got poked a little.

None of the above was seem or noticed until i poked into the cup after a spring broke.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2024, 12:46   #8
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Hi Steve,

Your last 2 pics are what I fear.
My plan is similar to yours, get the bits and prep/assemble prior to taking my old stuff out. Though I have found out that I don't need the rear droplinks I have already purchased Then another thought I have had, is that if I can't get the correct springs (RM violet) and end up going back to the original springs, should I re-instate the torsion bar???

PS: what's with the gold paint?? or is that gold leaf