Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th June 2022, 09:26   #1
Soca
Regular poster

Rover75

Default strange noise from air con

I have a 2.5 v6 Connoisseur 2002.
The air con stopped working as there was a leak from a hose from the air con pump. I had it repaired at a local garage and they also had to replace the condenser as it had almost disintegrated. Since then I noticed a strange 'clattering' noise coming from the engine bay, only occurring on start up if the air con is switched on. If you press the economy switch, the clattering sound immediately stops. If you engage the aircon while driving, it works perfectly, with no clattering noise! I would value any ideas as to what's wrong with the air con, before returning it to the garage for further investigation, if I know what needs to be replaced I can get the part as I always like to supply my garage with the parts, much cheaper that way.

Another problem I noticed is that the coolant fan (radiator fan) does not engage at 99 degrees rather the temperature goes up to 115 before the high speed fan engages. If the air con is on the fan seems to work normally. Otherwise running the car, the temperature hovers around 90 degrees.
Soca is offline   Reply With Quote