Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21st November 2017, 22:09   #41
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Richard.
Why not just ask for your money back and buy from else where ? if you do get what you ordered whom is now going to fit it for you, now the fitter is no longer at your service ? lots of questions, where are the answers and solutions going to come from.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Old 21st November 2017, 22:26   #42
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Richard.
Why not just ask for your money back and buy from else where ? if you do get what you ordered whom is now going to fit it for you, now the fitter is no longer at your service ? lots of questions, where are the answers and solutions going to come from.
First things first...he needs to receive what he paid for and in working order.

As Sean keeps saying these units are pretty much plug and play, finding another ICE fitter to fit this shouldn't be that difficult.
Old 22nd November 2017, 06:16   #43
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Thanked 1,094 Times in 666 Posts

Its about time a moderator is given the role of acting on behalf of the member and challenging the trader, especially those traders who's name pop up too often.

I don't mean to critisise but moderators/management are noticeably quiet in threads when members get a raw deal from traders. It shouldn't always be the case where we dont want to upset a trader, just because they pay traders fees. Members need protection too!
Old 22nd November 2017, 11:31   #44
Radioguy
Banned

None

I have asked Jeff to respond on the fitting .......The mixup was between Jeff and Rich and not me. The goods were there .
There has been mixup and accusations on this order since day one.
The DAB is coming, I thought it was sent already or being installed , with all of the confusion of fittings , not coming , coming cancellations .....And when I found out it wasn't I didnt have stock. But its going to be here this week and is scheduled to go to you.

As for Jeff quitting fittings , I didnt know ahead of time and withhold the information, It was rather sudden , Jeff posted this publicly when he was ready and that was before he started the new job...... we are working with another fellow now on repairs and Jeff is still doing the shipping and helping out . But he decided to stop fittings.
We upgraded the comet at a very low cost to satisfy this , a brand new unit vs a used unit.

We would have weeks for you to come with the old unit and you couldn't . I wanted it sent PLUS I paid the postage as I either wanted to return to the factory or fix it. By the way there was no fault found and it is installed and working well in another car.

I asked in recent emails if there is something else because I want to put this to sleep and told you I will send

I try to help with DIY and the fitting is between the owner of the head unit and the fitter. I do not get paid for fitting , just the blame it seems . I was not part of the set up of your fittings, other than to give you Jeff's contact info. I also tried to find another fitter for you in the mean time , just as a courtesy .

Everything that happens, you see as a conspiracy against you
Jeff quit just to avoid your fitting?,No When we sent the unit ,The UPS shop had been closed but still on their listing was open and you went off on me that I should have known the shop was closed, it took me 5 minutes to see that they dropped it at another shop even closer to you. , As I understand , when Jeff and you spoke about the original fitting date , Jeff understood that you wanted a reverse camera (that you already had), fitted. and he didnt know that you were coming for a had unit fitting and neither of you told me the date , . I always send the details (order release) once I know the fitting date. I had no way to know. Jeff will address this if he chooses to post.

If you buy from ebay

As for Price , Considering you paid £200 for the first unit and then £62 for the Upgrade m, Including DAB , Thats £262 for the Comet with DAB
Comet £239 Postag £13 . DAB £48 , You paid less. Actually you paid the Intr price from July which was £199 +£13 + £48 , OUr lowest price offered on these . So again , we didnt "rip you off"

Really want to know about what the comet doesn't do as you state. We have not had one fault or defect on the Comet. All the feedback i have , they are performing very very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverrich73 View Post
I came on here and had a moan about Sean a while back and I subsequently came back on and made a public apology as I did fly off the handle a bit.

Have had developments since then whish I thought I ought to share.

I original purchased a WINCE unit and ordered to replace this a used Navall with DAB from Sean.

I agreed a fitting date with his old fitter and drove 2 hours to be told the fitter did not have the unit to fit despite e-mails clearly stating the fitter should have it.

So I had to go back a few weeks later. This time the unit was there but no DAB. I was puzzled as when I ordered it Sean has units both with and without DAB. I found at then at this stage the DAB is just an add-on module. I thought surely then if this unit came back with it, what happened to it?

I was told this would be sent to me.

Nearly a year later I have still not received it, so I have paid Sean money for something he has still not supplied.

Back to the Navall - it was faulty and kept rebooting all the time.

Sean had no other used units so I paid extra to upgrade to a new Comet unit.

This arrived and I was unaware the wiring loom was different - meaning another 4 hour round trip was required to see the fitter - I also have a digital tv tuner, front DVR and rear camera and I had to snip the soldered wires the fitter had done for the Navall just to get it out.

Sean had originally asked for the Navall to be dropped off at the UPS point but as I was going to the fitter he said to take it with me as that is where it would sent so saved himself the postage.

I had to cancel my appointment as I came down with Norvo virus and it would of been selfish to take it over to his place, so it was re-booked for two weeks after this - this delay was my fault so hands up. Then Sean suddenly said he wanted it sent after all, despite me advising it would only get there 2 days before I came. So I sent it but thought it odd if I was going anyway that week. Sadly on the Friday night before I was due to go the installer suddenly cancelled and said he was no longer doing it. I was disappointed as I wouldn't leave someone in the lurch and would have honoured existing jobs, mine would have taken half hour!

I don't believe in coincidence as find it laughable that Sean said to me he did not know the fitter was going to quit - other members have subsequently told me they knew before so....

This left me with a unit that I could half use.

Which is where I am at - I have sent Sean further messages and in one instance he said what was the issue with my DAB unit!!!!!!!!!!!!! I reminded him the issue was he had not sent it. Oh I was also told the fitter had sent it etc etc

Sean also phoned me up out of the blue as well only to moan to me that a family member had been taken sick, what a thing to throw at a customer! Whilst I hope all was well with that of course, I didn't want to hear it.

But I have had a year of e-mails, with contradictions, one thing, then the next.

And then I remembered Sean's tagline about poor service loom long after low price has been forgotten.

Well if you buy from Ebay most of the sellers of these units use UK distributers and you are protected with the EU 2 year warranty which Ebay have to honour.

Sean also told me I was the only one having issues. Oh and when I had a promo email advertising the comet for far less than I paid for it, I was told it was because I had DAB!!!!!!!! So I have paid for DAB twice and don't even have it yet!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, the Comet doesn't do half the stuff it is meant to but that's on another thread.

So I swear Sean makes it up as he goes.

Welcome any feedback from others............
Old 22nd November 2017, 11:34   #45
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Hi.
I have read so many reports of poor service from Sean, unfortunately Jeff is no longer in the business and TBH who can blame him as he often picked up the pieces.
Now about three or so years ago there was talk of setting up a nationwide repair and fitting service. I thought this was a good idea so i put my name forward as I have been repairing ICE for years and do the odd install. It never came to fruition.
I think now that those who have continual issues should go to an engineer (Radio & TV service trained) and get a full report on the issues, also all emails should be kept and those sent request a read receipt.
If Sean doesn't respond or get the item repaired or exchanged then take advice with your proof and engineers report.
Perhaps if the idea that was put forward some years ago had been done then there wouldn't be the problems now.
Murphy
We do the best we can. I never wanted a nationwide repair service , that was always Jeff. I did want to have more fitters, closer to markets where people could travel. We tried a few and was a disaster. So I stopped . I won't mention names but I was left holding those bags too
Old 22nd November 2017, 11:39   #46
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveluck View Post
First things first...he needs to receive what he paid for and in working order.

As Sean keeps saying these units are pretty much plug and play, finding another ICE fitter to fit this shouldn't be that difficult.
They are Plug and Play , except on the comets there are 2 wires to connect for the SWC which we have . Highline requires 2 adapters and fittings and although they will plug , it takes more know how. and Harmony requires one adaptor and will plug and play. I also made a 28 page guide for do it yourselfers. The comets have the custom loom for the ZT's and 75's as well .

Any fitter should be able to do it easily.
Old 22nd November 2017, 16:57   #47
Blackrose
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

"The 9" from lightning box isn't the same as the connection on the back for the loom will make it stick out the dash a mile!"

So my question is how can you tell that a unit recommended for a BMW E46 will not fit a Rover 75. The connections on the back of the Lightinthebox unit look very much the same as Steve's unit and as far as I can see no measurements are given. Am I missing something here?

Blackrose
Old 22nd November 2017, 17:21   #48
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

My rungrace unit still working 100% happy even though I paid top money at £40.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Old 22nd November 2017, 17:40   #49
roverrich73

rover 75 saloon

Default fao sean

in response to sean's reply to my thread

sean

you conveniently distort the facts

I had to postpone my final fitting with jeff due to norvo virus - I think throwing that back at me is totally unacceptable

as for saying you offered to pay for return postage of the faulty unit - in the uk on online seller is legally obliges to do that

the ups was a disaster waiting to happen - I advised you in advance that locally to me they are unreliable and have never delivered to me - when I went to the right place to collect it I had to argue with the place for nearly an hour as I could not give them the correct delivery postcode because of course you do not ship to customers who then may have to go to the pick-up point if they are out when delivery was attempted - you ship direct to the ups pick-up pojnt - and I had no way of knowing the postcode of the original place.

you also said you had not booked ups via parcels2go yet the email sent to me was from parcels2go

when I then realised it was not a straight swap install wise and I had to see jeff again I said to you would you like me to take the old unit with me and save you the postage to which you agreed.

the day before I got the norvo virus (caught it up accident and emergency ironically) so I did the only thing I could do can cancel - seeing as you have held this against me (which show you have completely the wrong attitude towards customers) you obviously feel I should have gone over to jeff's house and given it to him and his family - how selfish would that have been on my part

so it was re-booked for 2 weeks later as the following week jeff was busy

it was only then a week later you said you needed it posted - I advised you it wouldn't get dropped off at the ups point until the Saturday and as they wouldn't collect it until the Monday it still wouldn't arrive at jeffs until the the Wednesday or Thursday - with me going on the siunday I don't think anyone else have wanted to pay for shipping to save a couple of days - then jeff cancels on the Friday - logic and common sense say you must have known this was coming or way else would you have insisted on shipping the old item when it would only get there a couple of days before !

make no sense at all, unless of course you knew of jeffs impending departure

you said jeff had the dab unit - but he has never had it either time I have been

you said it had been sent but you have never provided proof of postage for this

you phoned me up and threw your wife going into hospital at me - who does that to a customer

you said to me you have never had any other complaints on here - yet that is not the case

i came on here and publically apologised for flying off the handle before - i have proven my decency

you have had the nerve to suggest the mix up of the goods to being with jeff was our fault - well i have an email from you stating you will let jeff know for when i turn up

you talk the talk but fail to walk the walk

please refer back to my my email to you regarding county court action using the uk address you put on the invoice for the goods

perhaps if you just held your hands up and said 'sorry i have let you down, i will sort it' it wouldn't have come to that but it seems you are unable to do that as you seem to attack anyone on here who dares to say anything is wrong with your service

i think it is probably a cultural difference to how we do things here in the uk

and as stated in my other post the comet will not mirror link, tether to my mobile for data and get online, will not support a 32gb card as stated

it seems there are lots of users unhappy with your service which you uses as a reason to pay more for the unit form you than buy for less on ebay, but in every case, it is never your fault

i am frustrated and completely hacked off with your service and attitude and suggest anyone anting one of these units buys elsewhere
Old 22nd November 2017, 18:08   #50
gazcaz
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Gazcaz I have no emails from you. My email is [email protected] or [email protected]

Sounds like you have a full cache , Disconnect from car battery for a few hours and see if that clears it . We also tried downloading a cache cleaner from Play and that worked as well.

Please send support requests via Email
I have emailed you !

234th of 2,834 Trophy Blue ZT 190 + Saloons Produced
14th of 27 MG ZTs Produced on 27-09-2001
Closed Thread