Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th October 2020, 13:07   #1
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts
Default The Sweeney!

Been watching re-runs of The Sweeney on ITV catch up of late. What a car fest! Filmed on the streets of London in the Seventies when most of the cars were British built with just the odd foreign one here and there.

I don't know if Ford had a product placement but as well as the squad car there are a lot of D Series lorries and also Ford Transcontinentals which weren't that prolific back in the day.

Far better than watching Hercule Poirot, where it costs to put classic vehicles in the frame so you only see two or three in each very narrow shot. Funnily enough I used to work at a place in Aston Clinton where they had a barn where they stored two old classic lorries and I've seen both of them in various Poirot episodes.

And I know it isn't the done thing these days, and quite right too,but very nostalgic to see everyone smoking, and every senior police officer having what was left of a bottle of Scotch in his desk drawer.

The MK1 Granada squad car (alright yes it was badged a Consul, but they were all Grannies really!) was MOTed last year so hopefully still around. And if you see a Jag early on then you know that will be the one involved in the car chase in the final scene and crashed - happens every time! .

Last edited by Mike Noc; 18th October 2020 at 15:08..
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote