Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th March 2023, 10:09   #1
Howie666
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 190+, Trophy Blue

Default Power steering

I'm several days into my quest to find a working replacement for the power steering pump on the Raptor. The one I bought from Mat is not compatible with my KV6 so I started digging.

There are multiple models of pump for the 75/ZT, each with a different part number. The part number for mine is QVB101411, a pump made from a combination of steel and aluminium. I contacted a local remanufacturer who, upon hearing which pump it was, said he wouldn't do this particular model because of the mixed materials and the way in which it wears.

Armed with the part number, I scoured the internet for it. There are a few second hand ones and a few remanufactured, but the remanufactured ones are quite pricey and limited in number. A few are in Latvia.

If someone knows of a different part number that is compatible with the QVB101411 it would be very useful, as I am faced with a very difficult task of wanting to improve my steering at a reasonable cost but the scarcity of parts is biting 😔

In other news I have a power steering pump I can't use so if you need the QVB000320 give me a shout!

Thanks for reading this.

Dale
1a. Headlights polished - DONE! (Magic Mike )
2. Auto dip rear view mirror
3. Seats replaced - DONE! (thank you Mischief)
7. Bodywork repainted
8. Inlet manifold changed for a working one - DONE! (Magic Mike )
Howie666 is offline   Reply With Quote