Notices

Old 30th September 2020, 19:57   #51
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Banham Poultry and Bernard Matthews will be short staffed due to all the positive tests! Many at home "isolating" with who knows how many others. Workers are also "bussed in" from Great Yarmouth and surrounding areas!

I wonder if they have the app?
My workplace has issued a memo to say that the track & trace app must be switched off when phones are stored in peoples lockers as one text could alert all the phones in the locker room.

Things like this will make the system unusable
Old 30th September 2020, 20:43   #52
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Banham Poultry and Bernard Matthews will be short staffed due to all the positive tests! Many at home "isolating" with who knows how many others. Workers are also "bussed in" from Great Yarmouth and surrounding areas!

I wonder if they have the app?
Banham Poultry in the old Gaymers Cider works where my Dad worked pre WW2 and I started work in the apple press room in 1965. The factory was machine gunned by the luftwaffe in the war and I remember that the bullet holes were still visible in the tin roof of the coopers shop ...
Old 30th September 2020, 20:54   #53
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

whats the point of track and trace ? the government now records deaths only after 4 wks of testing positive .... WHY ? is it that the virus only lasts 4 wks ? and getting back to track and trace why isolate for only2 wks and its gone ? even you dont show symptoms are they still carriers after 2 wks ? they should be retested before being let back into society or does the test only show antibodies but they are still infectious ? there seems to be no point in any of this as its futile to even try. people go for a test and show no antibodies ... and so what ? you are not immune .... you can get it on your way home. if you show antibodies you can catch it again and be a super carrier at the same time. i have never been tested but the tests i have seen on tv take saliva samples ... so if its in body fluids it must be in urine the same as other aids type diseases. so who is checking the water we drink ? who knows whats going on or do they know ? i suspect the real death tolls are and have been in truth horrifying but not for your ears. i believe that at the moment that the deaths are 150 to 200 per day in truth. hence the panic. however for your ears after doctoring the numbers today they are 71. yea right. ...
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2020, 10:04   #54
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
whats the point of track and trace ? the government now records deaths only after 4 wks of testing positive .... WHY ? is it that the virus only lasts 4 wks ? and getting back to track and trace why isolate for only2 wks and its gone ? even you dont show symptoms are they still carriers after 2 wks ? they should be retested before being let back into society or does the test only show antibodies but they are still infectious ? there seems to be no point in any of this as its futile to even try. people go for a test and show no antibodies ... and so what ? you are not immune .... you can get it on your way home. if you show antibodies you can catch it again and be a super carrier at the same time. i have never been tested but the tests i have seen on tv take saliva samples ... so if its in body fluids it must be in urine the same as other aids type diseases. so who is checking the water we drink ? who knows whats going on or do they know ? i suspect the real death tolls are and have been in truth horrifying but not for your ears. i believe that at the moment that the deaths are 150 to 200 per day in truth. hence the panic. however for your ears after doctoring the numbers today they are 71. yea right. ...
To answer your question:
"They" don't know anything. "They" believe the current crop of scientists who are persuaded by other scientists who have decided much earlier, before this outbreak, what "it" is.

Much of the reaction is hopeful panic-stricken knee-jerk thrashing about and the wild swings of instructions are pathetic attempts to stamp out an outbreak of bushfires.

"They" are terrified of adverse reaction and ridicule but not one of them has any personal expertise in the field so put all their faith in the hands of others who they know can never be brought to account.

The advisors have complete assurance that they cannot be held to account, let alone prosecuted, for the advice they give. Indeed, their careers will flourish, but probably in other directions. They are not crooks, merely defenders of their own industry.

More than anything else however, is the lack of vision and the absence of understanding of the laws of consequences. The deliberate non-treatment of urgent examples of existing illnesses, some in critical mid-term management of their plight, which have a hugely increased danger of unnecessary demise is scandalous.

While I truly sympathise with victims and families of the C-19 plague it seems to me a matter of urgent priority to maintain uninterrupted treatment for existing seriously ill patients. I'm sure, had the NHS been able to determine for itself the priorities, it might well have been different.

After all this time there is still no valid reason for the diversion of health services from the patients with the most urgent clinical dependency. They should not have been neglected and wilfully placed in the most horrible predicament.
Old 1st October 2020, 14:39   #55
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Wink

a common occurance years ago was picking up verrucas on ones toes underneath in particular at swimming baths. they are caused by a virus. the waters in the baths were heavily chlorinated and tasted awful. my very limited understanding about sewage recycle methods are all bacterial. chemicals and viruses cannot be removed totally but then im not an expert and dont profess to be.
live aids type viruses have been discovered many times in sewage systems and coupling that with the amount of flooding we experience these days the mixing of the two systems is inevitable. flood gates are overwhelmed and discharged in to all areas not just rivers giving rise to many diseases. only today on yahoo news rivers in the usa have been shown to contain covid 19 and think about how diluted that infection should have been in terms of water volumes. im not saying this is the cause of the pandemic but merely to show its capabilities. there will no doubt be many more pandemics in the years to come and again there will be no vaccine as the virus has a head start and will change. the world is massively over populated giving rise to climate change and pandemics. we are all lambs to the slaughter im afraid to say maybe not now but its not that far away. rant over .....
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2020, 16:13   #56
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

There's a lot in what you say. It sounds like there might be other unmentioned sources of this and it reflects on other disinfection products and procedures of meat and products.

If it is so widely prevalent there is a huge liability problem for official authorities, especially in sewage treatment. That might be the background to explain the hysterical panic. Not that I'm conspiring or anything. Just saying.
Old 1st October 2020, 21:00   #57
ADO282
Banned

ROVER 75 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
a common occurance years ago was picking up verrucas on ones toes underneath in particular at swimming baths. they are caused by a virus. the waters in the baths were heavily chlorinated and tasted awful. my very limited understanding about sewage recycle methods are all bacterial. chemicals and viruses cannot be removed totally but then im not an expert and dont profess to be.
live aids type viruses have been discovered many times in sewage systems and coupling that with the amount of flooding we experience these days the mixing of the two systems is inevitable. flood gates are overwhelmed and discharged in to all areas not just rivers giving rise to many diseases. only today on yahoo news rivers in the usa have been shown to contain covid 19 and think about how diluted that infection should have been in terms of water volumes. im not saying this is the cause of the pandemic but merely to show its capabilities. there will no doubt be many more pandemics in the years to come and again there will be no vaccine as the virus has a head start and will change. the world is massively over populated giving rise to climate change and pandemics. we are all lambs to the slaughter im afraid to say maybe not now but its not that far away. rant over .....
So can you get AIDS or perhaps the odd verruca from drinking water, or perhaps driving through a big puddle on the road, or wading at the beach perhaps?

I don't think so do you? there is a lot to be gained from not paying heed to some of the absolute nonsense reported in the news, or worrying about the what ifs and the whys and wherefores, and get on with life as best as you can.

It's much easier.........trust me
ADO282 is offline   Reply With Quote