Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21st August 2018, 08:53   #31
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Did Clyde not start a thread in the general discussion forum?
Old 21st August 2018, 08:54   #32
alphaeagle
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi, MG ZT CDTi

I have to ask why, in the time when our cars are declining on the roads, we have to lose one of the most knowledgeable people on this site.
I have not made many posts here, but I have to say I have found most people to be helpful and friendly when answering my question.

We should be sticking together not trying to get one of us off the forum.

Brian please come back...

Rover 75 CDTi Copperleaf

Today is just yesterdays tomorrow.....
Old 21st August 2018, 09:02   #33
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy72 View Post
Brian's vast knowledge, help and expertise or Clydes throwing his teddies out the pram for not getting enough imogees for his detailing skills and questioning the true worth of his car?
Hopefully see you at the odd meet Brian. A massive loss to members past, present and in the future.

So it`s OK for folk to express their sadness about HIM leaving but I can tell you right now I will not shed a tear.
The man has lambasted Barnsley members as thieves Etc posting names and VIN`s good riddance I say.
I suppose this post will get deleted but hey, it`s my freely given opinion on an open forum.
Ken.
Old 21st August 2018, 09:17   #34
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
So it`s OK for folk to express their sadness about HIM leaving but I can tell you right now I will not shed a tear.
The man has lambasted Barnsley members as thieves Etc posting names and VIN`s good riddance I say.
I suppose this post will get deleted but hey, it`s my freely given opinion on an open forum.
Ken.
Surely as a Yorkshireman you have the same thick skin as us Geordies and can take it ? Also.give back as good as you get. Posted in jest and without malice.
Old 21st August 2018, 09:18   #35
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Ken.

That’s because some of your ‘friends’ Kenneyth have been proven to have cloned ecus in their cars.

I even had the chief cloner over at my unit when I was based in barton upon Humber ‘fishing’ for T4 info and asking for a copy of the 160 upgrade.

Do not try and deny what is out there for all (with a T4) to see, your little clique know of and condone the cloning of vehicle data.
Old 21st August 2018, 09:26   #36
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
What’s all this nonsense talk about leaving? Stop feeling sorry for yourself, collect your tools up, ignore the doubters and get back to resuming normal service
Excellent Philip and an appropriate medical analogy too!

But here’s the crux:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Brian ... you are welcome to read and post ... providing you can do so within the club rules like everyone else.
It seems that Brian wants something more than this.

Simon
Old 21st August 2018, 09:28   #37
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

As one who's had the pleasure to meet Brian on more than one occasion, and been on the receiving end of his "banter" face to face, I'll say that the "Club" will be a poorer place without him.

Brian had helped me out numerous times, both on the forum and at meets. I remember him spending hours in a freezing aircraft hanger in Perth just so that everyone who needed his help (including me) got it. He wasn't alone in that either, but steadily these real knowledgeable people have disappeared and with them, their encyclopaedic knowledge that has kept the cars on the road. Without members and traders like him then the "Club" will just become an irrelevance. In fact, it already is. As a member for 11 years, I know I barely visit any more.

So long Brian, hope to see you around soon. After all, who else is going to take the mick out of my "brown" car now?
Old 21st August 2018, 09:35   #38
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Ken.
I am guessing you have never washed your windscreen before? Vins are not private data, it seems you think they are. Ecu data is a different matter though, especially when shared without permission from the rights owner(s). Sharing said info is a crime, sweetheart.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Old 21st August 2018, 09:41   #39
steveo
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
That’s because some of your ‘friends’ Kenneyth have been proven to have cloned ecus in their cars.

I even had the chief cloner over at my unit when I was based in barton upon Humber ‘fishing’ for T4 info and asking for a copy of the 160 upgrade.

Do not try and deny what is out there for all (with a T4) to see, your little clique know of and condone the cloning of vehicle data.
Trikey

You need to get your facts right as I don't think you know as much as you think you do?

I have heard from people that you need to ring Brian to get out of the do do when it goes wrong! Then there's the post regarding traffic master all from a man that charges for work and by the way is the advert on top of the page still current as I thought you had moved to Norwich?

And while we are on the subject of t4 can you as an expert in the field tell me how t4 can see the 160 re map if as Brian and others have said previously that the map is put on the cars with a Chinese copy of something g or other ie not t4
To the people who have had their cars remapped with Brian or Russ you need to be aware that all your Information is saved and in the event of an accident can and will be admissible in a court of law (if your insurance company has not been made aware)
I doubt any of you were told this and I also doubt you got a receipt.
Maybe this will help why Brian has gone

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=287278
Or maybe its because as he says I'm fed up with doing things for nothing to the people on here

Unfortunately Brian was arrogant and in this case he got it wrong!
Cheers Trikey
Steve
Old 21st August 2018, 09:49   #40
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post

But none of what you say in any way involves me.
Ken.
Closed Thread