Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21st August 2018, 10:34   #51
Mr Bone
Gets stuck in

75 Cdt. VW Touareg V6 Tdi. Galaxy 1.9Tdi (x2). R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
Hi

You really think that was a silly post?
Ask how many people who have had re maps knew their data was stored?
Are you saying they were all stupid not to ask or is it the case that the person storing the data should ask the permission of the owner to retain their details
No one has been caught out at all if that were the case which it is not I would be I should have court for stealing copyright
I am happy to go to Court and prove who is right and who is wrong
What data do you think has been stored, the vehicle's or the owner's.
It's reasonable to assume that all of our 75/zt' s would have had their ecu data stored by whichever dealer supplied/pdi'd/serviced them, but having had no access to personal data, only vin/mileage at the time of remap etc may have been saved.
Old 21st August 2018, 10:41   #52
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bone View Post
So why get involved

Why you? also.
Because I am no thief, one time I directed a good friend to B-Russ for a re-map....so what a few are saying makes no sense does it?
I have been on this club since 2009, I have never once read any legal copyright regarding re-maps, where is it.?

Ken.
Old 21st August 2018, 10:50   #53
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I am guessing you have never washed your windscreen before? Vins are not private data, it seems you think they are. Ecu data is a different matter though, especially when shared without permission from the rights owner(s). Sharing said info is a crime, sweetheart.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Look Darling, I am aware about VIN`s Etc, so you made a good point about them being "public" that means they can be manipulated from car to car, nothing is impossible and so easy to "stitch" up someone to suit their own agenda.
You got that love.
Ken.
Old 21st August 2018, 10:54   #54
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Didn't get involved with either of the original threads, and had no intention of doing so with this one until it dawned that it is not necessarily the Club or personalities which has led to this situation.

I was most surprised when Clyde decided to sell his beloved car - now I suspect he had concluded he could no longer improve it further, and therefore wished to move on to another and different project, and now I see that Brian has stated he will have less time in the future due to a new work contract. Maybe they were both looking for a way out.

They will both be missed, in different ways, and I wish them both well, whatever the future holds.
Old 21st August 2018, 10:56   #55
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
What a sad day. And what sad regurgitated tripe from previous antagonists.

Complaints about ‘management’, on a thread with freedom to permit strong views being allowed, are obviously misplaced. I know we are able to give forth on here but just because we can it doesn’t mean we must.

A degree of reticence is sometimes worth a lot more than spite or one-upmanship. The ill feeling being shown is just as big a loss to the club as is the OP’s decision. Sometimes we despair.

You are correct, so unless any derogatory remarks are aimed at me then I will stay quiet
Ken.
Old 21st August 2018, 11:08   #56
oldcarguy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Sorry to see you go Brian, I haven't seen you since we used to go to the aero museum for the weekends but I wish you and Marina the very best.
Old 21st August 2018, 11:10   #57
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
Why you? also.
Because I am no thief, one time I directed a good friend to B-Russ for a re-map....so what a few are saying makes no sense does it?
I have been on this club since 2009, I have never once read any legal copyright regarding re-maps, where is it.?

Ken.

Kennyeth - I don't know who you are, nor do I particularly care, but as a fellow member of this community I may be able to help you overcome your evidently significant shortcomings.

It appears that you are being overly sensitive to being called a thief. You should instead be grateful that you are in fact the vehicle for the membership to see our cherished principle of free speech in action.

May I suggest that you see your doctor and ask for something to help you develop a condition known in professional circles as linear pompoustous annulus reciprocatory acceleration. It will help you rise above matters and take swipes at people from the sidelines whilst at the same time developing an inner sense of superiority.

If you need further help, just ask. This is what the forum is about.

Last edited by MSS; 21st August 2018 at 11:25..
Old 21st August 2018, 11:14   #58
willshot
Posted a thing or two

Ex-ZI190 owner. ,Ford Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcarguy View Post
Sorry to see you go Brian, I haven't seen you since we used to go to the aero museum for the weekends but I wish you and Marina the very best.
Ahem, I think you mean Dave Stock and Marina, NOT Brian.
Old 21st August 2018, 11:15   #59
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bone View Post
What data do you think has been stored, the vehicle's or the owner's.
It's reasonable to assume that all of our 75/zt' s would have had their ecu data stored by whichever dealer supplied/pdi'd/serviced them, but having had no access to personal data, only vin/mileage at the time of remap etc may have been saved.

Indeed, you aren't yet required to enter your name, address, email address and phone number into the ECU when you buy a car so all someone will have are some very basic details about a particular car - I have bigger things to worry about. I also told my insurance company about the remap, cost me £20ish I think

Copyright and intellectual property property also aren't necessarily the same thing. I don't know enough about the history of the 160 map to definitively say anything but if you assume Brian etc were allowed the data to use, that isn't the same as cloning an ECU to get it. No, doing that almost certainly isn't illegal but it's morally rather dodgy - in my opinion at least.

The aspect of this that does sadden me is the 'good riddance' comments basically because someone disagrees with someone else's point of view or actions. I suppose that is Britain in 2018 though - which is even sadder

I would miss Brian should he really disapear, I like anyone who says what they see and that actually includes people who I don't agree with regarding their point of view on various subjects.
Old 21st August 2018, 11:20   #60
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Excellent Philip and an appropriate medical analogy too!

But here’s the crux:

It seems that Brian wants something more than this.

Simon
Simon, your exchanges over technical matters with Brian was banter and is something I am going to miss reading.

As Brian is not here to defend himself against the back stabbers from that little group of ‘know-it-all’s’ and out of respect for him, I wonder if the mods would consider temporarily closing the thread whilst Brian decides where his heart is: this club, or in another direction. There are plenty of other threads where T4 issues/copyrights can be discussed.
Closed Thread