Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd March 2018, 13:54   #1
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Unhappy Mk2 diesel, low fuel pressure & stalling, HELP please

I haven't been around for a while, family and health issues.

Anyway, after many years of faultless service my diesel stalled last night.
Engine management light came on and a few seconds later the engine died. Fortunately I was on a quiet road and was able to pull over and put the hazards on and turn everything else off.
Car would restart but only a few hundred yards before the same happened.

Now the car had been mot'd in the morning and serviced, the garage/mechanic we have used for some 20 years on all the cars we have had in that time. So I called the man and left a message that I would try and get the car to his workshop, about a mile away.

I managed to get the car half way with a couple of 'stops' and took the opportunity to call my wife to come to the garage. When I restarted the car I was able to drive the last 1/2 mile without another stop.

9:30 this morning the mechanic called as he had listened to the messages and gone to look at my car, he felt guilty. Said he had checked the codes and all he could find was a 'low fuel pressure' (never gave me a code as such) so he replaced the new fuel filter was another new filter and it appeared to be running fine with no further codes.

My eldest son took me over to collect the car about 1:30, about 2 1/2 miles away. The drive home was uneventful until 1/4 mile from home when the eml light came on and the engine cut out. Managed to get the car home after about 5 stop/starts.

So, assuming I have the same 'low fuel pressure' fault. Where and what do I look for?

A bit of additional info, might be useful ?? might not. Earlier this week my wife's car would not start, low battery, so I jump started her car using the 75. Also for a few years since our youngest son moved home, his furniture occupies the garage and not the 75.
I just checked and the plenum if dry
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Walnut Handbrake grip, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Wanted: Walnut auto gear stick handle
Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote