Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd June 2014, 08:29   #191
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Default Photobucket Page Loads for Me - but Video Won't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
Just a couple! click on the pictures to go to the vids. Enjoy!
Thanks for posting these Chris, but I can't get them to load. I just get a rotating turbine image where the picture is supposed to be. Is my computer simply past. it?

Cheers

Robert

355188 of 355194
Frank Incensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 08:43   #192
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
Never have a problem with your driving Robert, just keep my eyes closed
A little secret between us, Jim - I do too!

Hope you and Jean had a good time in Cornwall.

I took a video through the windscreen of a whole cycle round Santa Pod. I shot it with my Nokia in the vertical. What's the best way of making it widely available, please? It's not brilliant, but it should give someone who's never been an idea of what it's like to participate.

355188 of 355194
Old 22nd June 2014, 09:30   #193
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Incensed View Post
After everyone else had left, Steve (MustBeGettingOld) organised a final run with the 2 of us side by side and Steve's friend took some pictures. It was interesting to see that the figures given in the owner's manual, which show that there is little difference in acceleration times between the manual and automatic versions, were born out by our run.

There were some immensely interesting vehicles and people there, but none more so than the combination of Wynne (a 72-year-old former teacher) and her W reg Rover 75 V6 2.5, which she intends to race every monthON NITROUS. Wynne can't get enough of the competition and did run after run. She has just replaced a Nissan (which she "blew up") with the Rover. Wonder how long it will last?

That is interesting, I had thought that Steve's car should be going better than the book says (being a diesel ).

Does anyone know if Nitrous can be fitted to diesel engine? I will definitely run mine next time. Looking at the calendar next general rwyb days are:

• Sat July 5th
  • Sat August 9th
  • Sat August 16th
  • Sun Sept 14th
  • Sat Sept 27th*
  • Sun Sept 28th **
* racing until 8pm

** The do on the 28th is a BMW only show, but includes the new mini, so maybe will include the diesel 75 and ZT if we ask? http://www.bmwshow.co.uk/

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 09:40   #194
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Quote:
I took a video through the windscreen of a whole cycle round Santa Pod. I shot it with my Nokia in the vertical. What's the best way of making it widely available, please? It's not brilliant, but it should give someone who's never been an idea of what it's like to participate.
Well if the ones I uploaded work ok for everyone then just upload it to photobucket and then grab the forum type link and paste into a post on here.

If you don't have photobucket account (I didn't until yesterday: but couldn't face struggling with google images to share my photos again) it only takes 5 minutes to create one (an account). It takes quite a while for each vid to upload though so do one at a time be patient and don't do what I did.... clicked a link on the page while a vid was uploading .

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
Old 22nd June 2014, 09:43   #195
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Quote:
Thanks for posting these Chris, but I can't get them to load. I just get a rotating turbine image where the picture is supposed to be. Is my computer simply past. it?

Cheers

Robert
Quite possibly....

Well, ok, seeing as I've no idea what spec your PC has I shouldn't really guess. Have you checked that your web browser and all plugins are up to date? Also you may need to wait for it to get going depending on you Internet connection speed (the vids are 'semi' HD at 720p)

PS. Check Adobe flash player is up to date and working correctly.

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

To do:
Old 22nd June 2014, 09:53   #196
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
That is interesting, I had thought that Steve's car should be going better than the book says (being a diesel )...........
Hi Chris
Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I meant is I've always been sceptical about the owners manual showing little difference in 0-60 times between the auto and the manual transmissions. Just like the unladen weight figures given for all the models being very little different. It's almost as though they couldn't be bothered to weight them!
But what we found seemed to support the acceleration of the manual and the auto being close.o

Thanks for the info on the videos Chris

355188 of 355194

Last edited by Frank Incensed; 22nd June 2014 at 09:56..
Old 22nd June 2014, 10:15   #197
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleygixer View Post
Yep that's me!
I got talking to the owners of the F, he pulled me over after a run for a chat.

It's running a still running the same k series block that came in the car but with different cams and nitrous! It has no cooling fan and the radiator is in the passenger seat

He said he bought it for £350 and £125 back through the sale of the wind deflector.

Really nice chap he said if any of the guys want help just contact them.

JK racing they are called.

Simon
Old 22nd June 2014, 18:52   #198
MustBeGettingOld
Avid contributor

Oldie but goodie

Quote:

After everyone else had left, Steve (MustBeGettingOld) organised a final run with the 2 of us side by side and Steve's friend took some pictures. It was interesting to see that the figures given in the owner's manual, which show that there is little difference in acceleration times between the manual and automatic versions, were born out by our run.
Thanks for that Mr. Incensed, I had a great time in the blazing sun, should have used that sun-screen. I'm intending to go back on my own sometime, just to practice the Christmas Tree, which got the better of me every time. My mates pics not turned up yet so nothing much to post except my best ET of 18.9996 and end speeds of 74.04 and 74.45 mph. But at least I remembered to turn the aircon off
MustBeGettingOld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 19:02   #199
MustBeGettingOld
Avid contributor

Oldie but goodie

Quote:
There were some immensely interesting vehicles and people there, but none more so than the combination of Gwen(a 72-year-old former teacher) and her W reg Rover 75 V6 2.5, which she intends to race every monthON NITROUS. Wynne can't get enough of the competition and did run after run. She has just replaced a Nissan (which she "blew up") with the Rover. Wonder how long it will last?
Gwen was something else and I think deserves a separate thread, possibly stickied. She's been doing this years and turns up at the Pod every month to sate her need for speed. I blagged a copy of her times, so now we know that the time to be is a 16.2@85mph, primed with nitrous

Gwen West 01.jpg

Last edited by MustBeGettingOld; 22nd June 2014 at 19:05..
MustBeGettingOld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 20:07   #200
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Default Age is No Barrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustBeGettingOld View Post
Gwen .......... now we know that the time to be is a 16.2@85mph, primed with nitrous
Not a huge difference to a standard 190 then.
And there was me worrying how long her bottom end would last.
The lady can talk! She knew the schools I went to in Cambridge and where I lived. A wonderful spirit she has. Shame she's not a computer user.

355188 of 355194