Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th June 2021, 17:46   #1
Slaya
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 160+, MG TF 135, Focus 1.6 Zetec

Default ZT gone in for some new paint

My ex-ZT has finally gone in for some new paint.

My son has taken it to Autoworx in Cov - fingers crossed they will do a good job on the flaking roof/boot/spoiler.

Also getting the wheels refurbed, so it should look pretty good. The rest of the car may be done at a later date if it turns out ok.
Slaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2021, 23:30   #2
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaya View Post

My son has taken it to Autoworx in Cov - fingers crossed they will do a good job on the flaking roof/boot/spoiler.
Always was a lack of consistency! Mine has gone on the bonnet, but nowhere else. MOT time, then rectification..
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2021, 11:19   #3
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaya View Post

Also getting the wheels refurbed, so it should look pretty good. The rest of the car may be done at a later date if it turns out ok.
I'll look forward to seeing the results. I'm not too far from you and keen to find a reliable paint shop. Mine needs a full respray.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 19th June 2021, 11:39   #4
Slaya
Loves to post

The car is being picked up today, should be here around 1:30pm-2:00pm.

Fingers crossed for a good result....was a bit worrying when my lad phoned them last week to ask if it was ready and they had forgotten what they were doing to it.....
Old 19th June 2021, 13:57   #5
Slaya
Loves to post

My son got the ZT back this afternoon.

They couldn't match the colour on the car 100% as the current paint on the car is less metallic (it has been sprayed in it's past life)

It looks a whole lot better than it did!

They sprayed the roof, boot-lid and spoiler and refurbed all the wheels.

I had already done a bodge on the rear quarter panel to stop the clearcoat flake from spreading as it was moving at an alarming rate. When the shop sprayed the rest they decided to redo the rear quarter for free, and blended it in as you could see where my attempt started and ended...

I haven't photographed the whole car yet, it needs a wash and polish as it was a bit dusty

Here are some (badly taken) photos of the roof before:

And after:
(photos again, not great) but you get the idea. Once we get it back on the drive for a wash and dry, I'll try and get better pics.

The job cost £850 which I would have been happy with if it was me paying for it.
Old 19th June 2021, 14:52   #6
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Looks pretty darn good to me

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2021, 19:25   #7
Slaya
Loves to post

Here are a couple more pics showing the roof and boot lid/spoiler after a rinse off.

Paint on passenger side was the original. Not too bad a match.

Looks a bit more respectable now for the the BMC and Leyland show at Gaydon next month. Hopefully we'll see some more MG/Rovers on display there too.
Old 21st June 2021, 21:29   #8
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Looks a bit more respectable now for the the BMC and Leyland show at Gaydon next month. Hopefully we'll see some more MG/Rovers on display there too.[/QUOTE]

I'll be there - hope plenty of others. Bookings close on 5th July. Only £9 per car with 2 people if exhibiting.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2021, 22:09   #9
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

have you had new black roof finishers or have they been respayed as well ? what bothers me about a new paint job is all the removal of trim parts and window rubbers etc.they are old now especially the rear and front windows and crack and leak when refitted. refitting of the chrome window rubber finishers also can end up twisted etc. i want to give my car a spruce up but this keeps putting me off as im one of the lucky ones never had any leak problems. ... hope i have not spoken too soon ..... !!!

Last edited by xsport; 21st June 2021 at 22:11..
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2021, 16:55   #10
Slaya
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
have you had new black roof finishers or have they been respayed as well ? what bothers me about a new paint job is all the removal of trim parts and window rubbers etc.they are old now especially the rear and front windows and crack and leak when refitted. refitting of the chrome window rubber finishers also can end up twisted etc. i want to give my car a spruce up but this keeps putting me off as im one of the lucky ones never had any leak problems. ... hope i have not spoken too soon ..... !!!
The roof finishers are original, not sprayed. The bodyshop left the trim in place round the windows (which funnily enough started leaking through lockdown after years of being fine). They got a bit of overspray on the trim though so it needs sorting out...