Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th June 2021, 09:51   #61
Nige B
This is my second home

honda civic

Great news that hes awake and able to acknowledge his surroundings..It will take time but hopefully a full recovery will follow..All the best Rich

Nige B
Nige B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2021, 18:50   #62
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts
Default Thank you

Good evening everyone,

This is Richard's wife, Fiona. I have just managed to log into the club website to try and leave this message as I know that Richard has always very much valued the friendships he has made through the club over the years.

He is now on a neurosurgical ward at the Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle, which has excellent provision. He is conscious, and can shake or nod his head to reply yes or no. He can speak a few words but attempts at anything longer sound like a foreign language. He was much more alert today when I saw him. Up until now he has been extremely tired. A team of different professionals will be working with him towards his recovery, eg physiotherapists, occupational therapists and speech and language therapists. We are told it is very early days and his recovery will be long and he may also need to spend time in a rehabilitation centre before coming home but that is way off yet. At the present time, we do not know what the long-term effects will be.

I am blown away by all of your lovely get well messages. They mean a great deal and I shall let him know about them when I visit tomorrow. I am sure he will greatly appreciate your kind thoughts.

Thank you all so very much.

Fiona
Old 11th June 2021, 19:01   #63
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Thanks for the update Fiona, we are wishing you guys all the best and hope Rich makes a full recovery, take care.

Andy and Deb x
Old 11th June 2021, 19:25   #64
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Good evening everyone,

This is Richard's wife, Fiona. I have just managed to log into the club website to try and leave this message as I know that Richard has always very much valued the friendships he has made through the club over the years.

He is now on a neurosurgical ward at the Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle, which has excellent provision. He is conscious, and can shake or nod his head to reply yes or no. He can speak a few words but attempts at anything longer sound like a foreign language. He was much more alert today when I saw him. Up until now he has been extremely tired. A team of different professionals will be working with him towards his recovery, eg physiotherapists, occupational therapists and speech and language therapists. We are told it is very early days and his recovery will be long and he may also need to spend time in a rehabilitation centre before coming home but that is way off yet. At the present time, we do not know what the long-term effects will be.

I am blown away by all of your lovely get well messages. They mean a great deal and I shall let him know about them when I visit tomorrow. I am sure he will greatly appreciate your kind thoughts.

Thank you all so very much.

Fiona
I'm sure that he won't be neglected by his friends here, whatever his needs may be in the coming months and possibly years we will support him and you.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2021, 19:28   #65
malagas
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon 2.0 CDT Club, Rover 75 Saloon 2.0 CDTi Contemporary

OMG hope there is good news soon. I'm praying for you Richard A lot of courage and strength for family and friends and we look forward to a quick return

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 9S através do Tapatalk
Old 11th June 2021, 19:50   #66
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hello Fiona. As already said, thank you for updating us with what is perhaps, the first steps on a long journey back to health. I am sure that with everyone wishing him a speedy recovery, it will help yourself to know how much he is thought of on this medium, and I am sure elsewhere. We will all be saying a little prayer for him tonight.
Old 11th June 2021, 19:54   #67
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I'll add my thanks for the update Fiona. As you can tell Richard is a well liked, well respected member of the club with friends all over the country, all wishing him the best. Consider Richard as a good friend, as well as the car meets etc we used to try to meet if he was up in the Edinburgh area on a coach job.

We're all here for him, you and the rest of the family.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2021, 19:57   #68
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

Good to hear Richard is taking steps in the right direction.

Steve.
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2021, 20:10   #69
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Hi Fiona.

I'm one of Rich's new friends - apparently you live a couple of miles from my son who lives by the Lamp.

You might have heard about Quizzie - our golden retriever.

Rich is an incredible guy - but you know that already.

Wish him all the very best from us and Quizzie will be up soon to give him a kiss .

All the best, take care of yourselves.

Andy.

PS The eggs are lovely as was the Anniversary cake .

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2021, 21:07   #70
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Thumbs up

Thank you from me too Fiona for taking the time to update us, very much appreciated.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote