Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th August 2021, 13:42   #1
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Default Airbag passenger side impact sensor identification

Hi and hope you're all well.The airbag warning light decided to illuminate a few weeks back, and then closely followed a few expensive other problems.
Well I've taken a deep breath and have slowly got through all the issues, and I've now just got to sort the air bag light issue. After checking and double checking all the connectors under the seat's i still had no success, so using a scanner I've found the problem lies with the passenger side Air bag sensor.
Looking through the local scrap yard i managed to find one off a face-lift 2004 model. The sensor was bolted to the inner sill and was orange in colour.
This got the old brain cell working overtime and vaguely remember reading somewhere a long time ago the pre face lift model had a different sensor and was green.
Could one of one knowledgeable members here confirm my thoughts. My car is a 2001 and have seen another sensor close by to me with the part number YDB000310 (green in colour) Would this be the correct one,
All the very best and thank you for any help/advice given
Old 17th August 2021, 14:04   #2
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

I'd expect your early car to have this kind:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402987985...MAAOSwzW5g7EC6

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2021, 14:29   #3
johnnyb44

Rover 75

Ohh thanks for the info and words of wisdom. That looks very different to the one I was looking at. You may of saved me a wasted journey.
Also thinking on about this, if I went down the second hand route for the sake of saving £20/30 on a new one, there's no guarantee the second hand part is going to work anyway. If it didn't work I've then got the aggro of buying a new one and the joys of taking the seat's ect out again to refit a new one. For the sake of an extra £20/30 towards a new one against a second hand one is it really worth it. I think buying new is probably the better option (plus it's a critical safety issue)
Old 17th August 2021, 15:46   #4
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

I've been lucky in the past buying used ones, and supplying others here with them. I'd be very surprised if our resident trader Mickeyboy would supply you with a non-working item. Unfortunately, ebay postage and import fees make buying from UK very expensive now so my favourite alternative is parts from Lithuania.

I've got a sensor problem myself on my daughter's ZS180, I'll probably go the used route once I've, after cleaning, confirmed with the T4 that it's still dead.

Regards
Old 17th August 2021, 15:56   #5
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

If you have the larger type fuses your car has green sensors, mini fuses and it’s the orange sensors you need.
Old 17th August 2021, 16:53   #6
johnnyb44

Rover 75

When you say mini fuses, do you mean the spade type that are located behind the glove box 👍
Old 17th August 2021, 20:53   #7
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=284138 post 9

Earlier fusebox = green sensor Later = orange (as per Trikey's comment)

Regards