Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th August 2021, 20:01   #21
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Simon Ive read through the posts and there was nothing particularly unpleasant or insulting, maybe a bit of the old North/South claymore versus bayonet bashing, and some very informant posts about the each sides of the border funding in general., People have differing views and opinions and only a Solomon could manage that. But having different opinions is not a "topping" offence, remember aeroplanes have to have a Right wing as well as a Left one - or they crash. Look after yourself and all the best. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2021, 00:35   #22
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Simon, I am so sorry certain individuals have got you down, they are not worth your time and you must not let them cause your health to go down hill.
I had a very similar problem back in the beginning 1999 to be exact the problem was solved by me selling one business and resigning from the committee of three car clubs I played a very active part in.
It took about three months for me to realise just how much the few had affected my life there are now two car shows that don’t go ahead and one club whom find great difficulty in Marshalling events. I am better off from having sold the business interest. Also my general mental health is much improved. You will be missed and those that take up the slack will realise what you have done for us all
Sit back and enjoy your hobbies be grateful for what you have, come to meetings on your terms if you want. You have nothing to regret as you have done nothing but good.
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2021, 06:21   #23
BillyMG
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.5 V6 Auto Tourer (Elizabeth) / MG ZT CDTI (Farage)

My oul Nin, who had a pimple where the hairs grew on her chin - she'd tell you all to grow up or she'd bang yer 'eds together! Sticks and stones fellas...
BillyMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2021, 08:10   #24
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
Simon Ive read through the posts and there was nothing particularly unpleasant or insulting, maybe a bit of the old North/South claymore versus bayonet bashing, and some very informant posts about the each sides of the border funding in general., People have differing views and opinions and only a Solomon could manage that. But having different opinions is not a "topping" offence, remember aeroplanes have to have a Right wing as well as a Left one - or they crash. Look after yourself and all the best. Chris.S.
Wise words indeed.

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2021, 09:44   #25
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
I posted a commiseration (#12) before reading the damning thread in question. A moderator is in an invidious position in the event they have a personal interest in a specific subject and desire to participate in the thrust/parry exchange that opposite views generate - so just declare an interest and then you're free to give vent or whatever (but within the rules of course); maybe there is 'history' here but mileshawk56 is absolutely correct, except for one rather acidic contributor with a personal beef the whole 'arguement' was polite and informative.
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2021, 11:49   #26
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Sorry to hear that you're stepping down.

Enjoy whatever activities you choose to pursue for your own pleasure.

Thanks for everything that you (and the other Mods) have done.

All the best.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2021, 12:14   #27
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

This forum is meant to be about the cars and people as far as I am concerned.
Over the years i have met some wonderful people that i consider to be friends, we have been through good times and bad ones too, supported each other when times are bad and laughed together when they are good.
The cars have brought us together as a common interest.
People who want political views etc should take them elsewhere, lets get back to the cars and the friendly social forum that we are meant to be.
That's my thoughts for what they are worth.
I've said it before, time for the owners of the forum to sort it out before all the good guys leave!!!

Steve.
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2021, 12:46   #28
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I don't blame you for stepping down Simon. I know I get frustrated at those who take the slightest opportunity to turn a thread political, I can simply choose to ignore that thread but the mods have to monitor it in case somebody oversteps the mark.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2021, 13:58   #29
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssizefive View Post
This forum is meant to be about the cars and people as far as I am concerned.
Over the years i have met some wonderful people that i consider to be friends, we have been through good times and bad ones too, supported each other when times are bad and laughed together when they are good.
The cars have brought us together as a common interest.
People who want political views etc should take them elsewhere, lets get back to the cars and the friendly social forum that we are meant to be.
That's my thoughts for what they are worth.
I've said it before, time for the owners of the forum to sort it out before all the good guys leave!!!

Steve.
Sure it's all about our cars. I wasn't at all involved in the thread in question - "Prescription charges" - but it was going on over in the Social Forum....and as a member, our revered Moderator (and I mean that sincerely) was participating in exchanges about the subject matter. At 4 pages in he appeared to dislike the way the argument was leaning - too many facts, possibly home truths (that's the way it looked to me) and decided to close the thread. At the outset when he decided to participate in the guts of the subject he should have taken off his Moderator hat and say his piece or simply stop responding and that would have been that. There is 'history' between some of the 4-6 respondents (and early doors one was certainly unpleasant) but otherwise it was all very civil.
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2021, 14:15   #30
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab60bit View Post
Sure it's all about our cars. I wasn't at all involved in the thread in question - "Prescription charges" - but it was going on over in the Social Forum....and as a member, our revered Moderator (and I mean that sincerely) was participating in exchanges about the subject matter. At 4 pages in he appeared to dislike the way the argument was leaning - too many facts, possibly home truths (that's the way it looked to me) and decided to close the thread. At the outset when he decided to participate in the guts of the subject he should have taken off his Moderator hat and say his piece or simply stop responding and that would have been that. There is 'history' between some of the 4-6 respondents (and early doors one was certainly unpleasant) but otherwise it was all very civil.
I was not referring to just this particular case, as far as I am concerned they can bin the social forum, plenty of social media elsewhere. This is the rover 75 and MG zt owners club.

Steve.
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote