Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th September 2021, 07:58   #21
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter barker View Post
Sorry for the lengthy post but I really just need some reassurance from other members .
See my posts 4 & 7 David for the reassurance you seek.

to the club by the way!

Simon
Old 13th September 2021, 12:42   #22
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by egremont View Post
Should you change your cars “SA” coding (part of the ZCS code) from its present setting, (in my cars case “Ron 95”) to the “Ethanol” setting?
I presume the “Unleaded” setting should remain as part of the fuel string.

Intrigued … is there a setting within the T4 menu for different fuels? If so a pathway would be appreciated.

A poster Dorchester2 in France runs his 75 on E85 but to do so he has fooled the EMU into believing the outside temperature is much lower than it is by adding resistors.

If Rover built a setting into the T4 programme enabling a V6 to run on E85 that not only kills the current discussion about E10, but provides an easier option for anyone wishing to use E85.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2021, 21:45   #23
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
Excuse the highlighting pls. But this is the con. Over long term usage I know that non-ethanol fuel gets better mpg than e5 does. e10 is going to be less efficient. But they'll tell you it's less polluting than non-ethanol. Well I'm not convinced that it is if you need to burn 10% more of it for the same mileage. (and you won't be paying less for it either!).
There have been numerous debates about the benefits of premium fuels compared to standard and supermarket with many claims made. One consistent thing I see in those threads from those that poo-poo premium fuels usually goes along the lines of 'I tried a tank-full and didn't notice any difference.' Well you won't really with just one tank full. It'll take more than that to get your injectors clean again. Try it over 10 tankfuls. If you have to sometimes top off a quarter tank with supermarket fuel it won't matter. But smoothness and mpg will both improve if over 50% of fuel in the tank over extended time is premium. This will become even more so when standard fuel becomes e10 and premium will have no or at most e5 ethanol.

I've recently started using premium fuel, a bit before the E10 changeover, & have become a bit of a convert. My 1.8 does seem to be smoother & more responsive on it & the latest 'possible' result is that my fuel gauge has suddenly started working again after a year or more of showing empty with the warning light on. This could be pure coincidence of course but it's still a little erratic which offers me the possibility that whatever component is the culprit may be a bit sticky & the detergent in the fuel is gradually freeing it off. As l say it may also be coincidence.
Price difference seems to be 13/15p per litre at present though & l expect it will rise further as time progresses.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote