Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st October 2021, 08:34   #1
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Default T4 assistance please

Hope the mods and others won’t mind this 827 post but I believe most of the T4 experts reside here so:
Local garage have got a LHD 827 93 in, owner changed the battery and now has the SRS light on. Garage says you need disc DRX0002 and T4, I’ve got a T4 but no DRX0002. Suspect the 827 won’t have a standard OBD (I owned one but can’t remember!) but I got lots of strange round connectors when I rescued the T4.

Advice please.
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2021, 21:54   #2
X10Rich
Loves to post

MG ZT+ 190

Based on the age of the car, I think its after (the pre Testbook) Microcheck diagnostics.

Im guessing DRX0002 is the Microcheck Emulation software. The lastest version is DRX0003.

This will run the Microcheck Diagnostics options from under the "Basic Toolbox" Menu

However, you will also need the "TIM" Unit (basically that plugs into the Serial port on the laptop) and then this connects to the car.

I've not managed to get my T4 to recognise my TIM unit yet, still work in progress, so I have got no further im afraid
X10Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2021, 08:33   #3
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Many thanks for the reply.

I've got the TIM unit but have no idea how to use it other than your directions, and with my very limited knowledge and no disc that seems a dead end.

Found something about just using a length of wire to reset the SRS from a Honda forum. A vague memory of my own 827 and an ABS problem was solved with a paper clip.

The T4 users manual calls for connectors DTC4007A & DTC0061A for the 800, and I'm not even sure I've got either of those, or if my connectors in the attic are labelled.

The length of wire sounds like the best option

Thanks again

ps. Just checked. I do indeed have the DTC0061A (blue connector) but my longer one is DTC4007B not A

Last edited by vitesse; 2nd October 2021 at 09:56..
Old 2nd October 2021, 12:34   #4
Lovel

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

I’ve only once hooked up to a 825 KV6 five years ago, possibly 96 vintage? It was a hearse and had immobiliser issues. I was able to hook up and communicate using the std T4 and the standard J1962 coloured leads supplied with T4, perhaps earlier models have the three pin round diagnostic connector though? Eg my 94M Metro has the three pin connector just next to the ECU in the engine bay, used a red or yellow coloured three pin, so when the changeover to J1962 connector occurred I can’t say. That’s all I can add I’m afraid.

Last edited by Lovel; 2nd October 2021 at 12:46..
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2021, 13:49   #5
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks for the input. The T4 manual seems to give a 96 onwards date for the standard connector configuration and SRS (drawing Q) if I understand it correctly, but a DTC4007A connector whereas mine is DTC4007B, not sure if A and B suffixes are compatible, guess there’s one way to find out.

I also received what I hope is a suitable disc from another helpful source.

The T4 manual refers to drawing 9 and 10 for the earlier 827s, but I’ve gone through the manual page by page and can’t find these drawings, only the letter drawings eg Q, X and C.

I’ll contact the garage again and get the VIN number, and ask about the diagnostic port, but if it’s anything other than the standard OBD port I think I might be in trouble as I’ve only got a limited number of the rounded ones (what do I do with the red fly lead, earth it?)

The length of wire trick from the Honda forum sounds increasingly attractive.

Thanks again
Old 2nd October 2021, 15:23   #6
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Just heard from the garage owner that although it was one of his former customers the car isn't local to the Stockholm region as he thought, but actually down on the west coast, over 6 hrs from here. End of story.

Thanks for the help anyway
Old 2nd October 2021, 16:40   #7
Lovel

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Bit perhaps late now but to possibly help in future, I was able to connect T4 to the red 3 pin connector on my 95 Metro and do various things with opaque middle lead in the photo. Yes just ground the red lead with the crocodile clip.

Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2021, 16:50   #8
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

OK thanks, I don't see it as wasted time as I've learnt a bit about connecting the earlier cars and have several of the rounded connectors as in your picture, the T4 will I guess tell me which one it wants - and I now know what to do with the fly lead.

Keep well
Old 3rd October 2021, 12:04   #9
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Hope the mods and others won’t mind this 827 post but I believe most of the T4 experts reside here so:
Local garage have got a LHD 827 93 in, owner changed the battery and now has the SRS light on. Garage says you need disc DRX0002 and T4, I’ve got a T4 but no DRX0002. Suspect the 827 won’t have a standard OBD (I owned one but can’t remember!) but I got lots of strange round connectors when I rescued the T4.

Advice, please.
Did you by any chance contact me on eBay on the T2 I have for sale? They were asking about a 800 and sent me their vin number. I entered in using a DRE0008y disc and it wanted the Blue lead 0061A. It allowed me to see all the systems, including the SRS -obviously would not go further without the car plugged in. The unit is running 4.04 so a bit of a hybrid between the T2/T4.
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2021, 13:54   #10
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post
Did you by any chance contact me on eBay on the T2 I have for sale? They were asking about a 800 and sent me their vin number. I entered in using a DRE0008y disc and it wanted the Blue lead 0061A. It allowed me to see all the systems, including the SRS -obviously would not go further without the car plugged in. The unit is running 4.04 so a bit of a hybrid between the T2/T4.
No, not me, I have a regular T4, but your observations are interesting. I now have DRE0008Y and checked today which cars were covered and like you I found it wanted the blue lead, but the T4 users manual says with DTC4007A whereas mine is labelled DTC4007B.
But just about all the cars covered by DRE0008Y were generally 95/96 onwards so probably wouldn't have helped the 827 from 93. But nice to have another disc in my collection and a bit more knowledge.

Thanks for your input