Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Traders Shops & Members Spares For-Sale > Members Own Spares For Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17th December 2006, 21:33   #21
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Well thats sad!

All I can say having done it myself is it really isn't that hard to install it just takes time, so good luck finding a buyer
Old 17th December 2006, 21:50   #22
yp53
Loves to post

ex- Rover 75 CDTi Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Well thats sad!

All I can say having done it myself is it really isn't that hard to install it just takes time, so good luck finding a buyer

Cheers Keith

I must admit I've dealt on ebay for 2 years and sent some quite valuable stuff to the 4 corners of the earth and only had a few minor problems that were sorted out quickly, helped by good communication. To have someone (local) mess you about is frustrating to say the least, but, credit where its due, the ebay 'non paying bidder' system works effectively so I'm not out of pocket, just time.
Old 24th December 2006, 12:53   #23
The_Monk
I really should get out more.......

-

Is this still for sale as i'm seriously considering it? The only problem is i'm scared to death of taking car apart to fit it all! Especially as its fiddling with the electronics.

If it's still for sale, 1. Will you take Paypal? 2. Anyone around in Solihull/Brum who could help if I get stuck? Although I probably wont need much, just a few pointers that no doubt you kind people could help with? and 3. Where do I get the BMW adaptor as I have the Kenwood Stereo in.
Old 24th December 2006, 18:15   #24
yp53
Loves to post

ex- Rover 75 CDTi Tourer

I've sent a PM regarding payment & shipping.

I've done a quick ebay search and this is the adaptor you need if your motor already has ISO connectors (Keith should be able to confirm this is the right one as I think he purchased one recently?):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-WIRING-ADA...QQcmdZViewItem

You'll note as with all Rover 75 related ebay items, the compulsory word 'rare' is included in the title! :lol:
Old 25th December 2006, 15:44   #25
The_Monk

-

Merry Christmas Everyone.

Couple more questions if I can, will the headunit connect up to the dash to display the mpg/range etc...? Also the wiring loom would need to run to the rear of the car as the GPS Computer fixes in the boot, but how does it get there, do all the seats need to be removed to run the loom under the carpet, and does does it run alongside the doors?

Thanks! Just need to know what i'm up for if I purchase!
Old 26th December 2006, 08:10   #26
yp53
Loves to post

ex- Rover 75 CDTi Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Monk View Post
will the headunit connect up to the dash to display the mpg/range etc...? Also the wiring loom would need to run to the rear of the car as the GPS Computer fixes in the boot, but how does it get there, do all the seats need to be removed to run the loom under the carpet, and does does it run alongside the doors?
1. Yes it will display all the information display data - you would need to connect feeds from speed sensor and data wires.

2. I can't comment too much on the work required to install as I removed the kit and carved up a few bits of carpet in the process!, The loom runs from behind the OS rear wheel arch panel in the boot, passes 'through' the rear seat around the OS hinge area, along the OS sill then along in front of the drivers seat to the tunnel. Then forwards a bit and up into the console area. Branches of the loom go into the spare wheel well and up to the parcel shelf area.

To be honest I would suspect that seat removal would make the installation a lot easier, but should be possible without.

I'm sure Keith will add to this when he's recovered from the xmas hangover and finished the washing up

hth
Old 28th December 2006, 19:47   #27
yp53
Loves to post

ex- Rover 75 CDTi Tourer

Sold! To The Monk

cheers!

simon
Old 28th December 2006, 20:47   #28
Rich
Posted a thing or two

http://Roadca.ms - Letting you see what they see!

Photograph the install if you'd be so kind please Monk
Old 28th December 2006, 21:15   #29
The_Monk

-

Will do! I feel there will be a big thread titled "HELP" as well! Should be rather interesting I have to say!
Old 29th December 2006, 10:31   #30
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichK View Post
Photograph the install if you'd be so kind please Monk
Easier said than done I have taken lots of pics but there really is not that much to see wires being wires and all that

PS thread name updated
Closed Thread