Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Traders Shops & Members Spares For-Sale > Euro Car Parts Shop
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th October 2016, 20:17   #11
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Ok Patrick Thanks for this.

The problem is I bought them in 2014 but left them in stock for a while.

I'll gather together all the paperwork and discs in the next week and I'll PM all the correspondence to you.

Lionel at a central ECP said they were out of warranty (12m) but a chap in the Abergele branch said they are covered for 2 years?

Cheers
Jules

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2016, 21:31   #12
lightningmark
Gets stuck in

MG ZT CDTI +135

I'd like to add by saying I first bought and fitted Pagid discs in 2012 to mine, my partners and friends and families cars, I was very impressed with them up until about 2 years ago when I indeed had disc warping issues, I then came to the conclusion that they were using substandard steel/manufacturing methods and since then have not used them, strangely I've not had the same issues and I've used various brands, Delphi, Brembo etc, I've personally used Mtec discs on my own vehicles and got nothing but praise for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lightningmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2016, 08:56   #13
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Thanked 1,094 Times in 666 Posts

I like Pagid for the rust resistance and wet braking. Ive not had any of the issues described on the two cars ive fitted them to including mt TF 160 which had some hard braking going on.

Just fitted Pagid discs and pads again to mt ZT last week.

It will be intetesting to see what the feedback is for ecp.
Old 29th October 2016, 10:31   #14
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

It seems there is a problem, Jules clearly fits lots of these and customers are complaining, I am with the view of cheaper materials, they can all pass final inspection for thickness and tolerances but in the real world these discs are failing at very low mileages. Although ECP say millions are sold, just 1% of those discs failing is a lot.
I binned my old Pagid discs and vowed never to use Pagid again, how many more people think like me?
I hope Pagid do get this sorted, as Jules has said, there are many posts on lots of forums and social media regarding the same problems as I encountered.
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2016, 13:17   #15
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
It seems there is a problem, Jules clearly fits lots of these and customers are complaining, I am with the view of cheaper materials, they can all pass final inspection for thickness and tolerances but in the real world these discs are failing at very low mileages. Although ECP say millions are sold, just 1% of those discs failing is a lot.
I binned my old Pagid discs and vowed never to use Pagid again, how many more people think like me?
I hope Pagid do get this sorted, as Jules has said, there are many posts on lots of forums and social media regarding the same problems as I encountered.
Oh dear more evidence "binned !!"
That's a shame you didn't return them.
I hear this so often.

I reckon only 5% of duff parts are ever returned because we Brits are not born complainers or maybe it's the fear of the cost of returning stuff or in some cases lack of time or laziness

Ultimately it gives companies false statistics about how reliable their products really are.

Some companies/suppliers don't care but simply want volume of sales but lets hope in this case PAGID come up with a solution.

Ultimately I really don't mind paying more I'm constantly on the hunt for a quality product for myself and my customers

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2016, 08:10   #16
EuroCarParts
Premium Trader

European

Hey guys,

we'll always investigate where we can (when we're informed and the parts are returned for inspection) - however its always worth noting that somewhere in the region of 95% of returns we find are the result of a vehicle or a fitting issue - not a manufacturer or specification/application one.

this is NOT to say that anybody on here is a liar, we haven't had the parts to inspect yet - but when a group of people jump and state that 'we're supplying unfit for purpose products' we have to explain the above..

If we could leave the unsupported claims or accusations aside, then i'm sure we can help - stating that 'Pagid have to fix something' that not even been tested to be faulty yet is a little presumptuous and might lead to the wrong impression.

The warranty process is pretty open - we accept any part back which is believed to have failed 12months after purchase (this is 24months when its pagid discs & pads supplied together)

We then inspect them (if necessary) and log it internally (this helps to show the amount of returns vs actual faults)

I'd be happy to get these parts collected off you & inspected even if its outside of the warranty period, however the issue with this is that the 'evidence' trail may not be complete if they have been sitting around for a number of months / years

as above, if you do want to take this further, drop me an email on [email protected] and ill personally take it up for you

Patrick
Old 30th October 2016, 12:43   #17
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Oh dear more evidence "binned !!"
That's a shame you didn't return them.
I hear this so often.

I reckon only 5% of duff parts are ever returned because we Brits are not born complainers or maybe it's the fear of the cost of returning stuff or in some cases lack of time or laziness

Ultimately it gives companies false statistics about how reliable their products really are.

Some companies/suppliers don't care but simply want volume of sales but lets hope in this case PAGID come up with a solution.

Ultimately I really don't mind paying more I'm constantly on the hunt for a quality product for myself and my customers

I agree Jules, I am usually the first to complain but on this occasion I made the decision to just bin and replace and also not to use Pagid again, like I said I had them fitted all round on my previous car with zero problems at all, in fact I was always impressed that the coating never rusted after over two years on the car with over 12,000 miles use. Cost didn't come into the changing of my brakes, I went with Pagid because they had been good for me in the past.
When I stripped the ZT's brakes apart it had Delphi pads all round (stamped on the pad) but I do not know what discs.
Hindsight is a great thing, how many other owners have done exactly the same as I have?
In your case you have to try and explain to customers why their brakes have failed to perform as expected.
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2016, 17:12   #18
Phill_190
Gets stuck in

MG ZT Saloon

I had some pagids on my mazda 3, was really impressed but the hub part rusted within a month.. although they didnt cause wobble just looked awful
Phill_190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2016, 19:58   #19
RichB
Gets stuck in

ZT260 SE, ZT-T+ CDTi

Patrick, can you explain a bit more the 24/24 warranty? I fitted pagid discs along with oem pads on my 260 in May last year and it developed break pedal wobble within a thousand miles. I sorn my car over winter so never got round to investigating the problem before it was taken off the road.

Thanks,
Rich
53 MG ZT 260 SE Monogram Garnet Red #073
61 Seat Exeo ST TDI Daily Driver
99 Mazda MX-5 Turbo tracktoy
RichB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2016, 20:21   #20
EuroCarParts
Premium Trader

European

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
Patrick, can you explain a bit more the 24/24 warranty? I fitted pagid discs along with oem pads on my 260 in May last year and it developed break pedal wobble within a thousand miles. I sorn my car over winter so never got round to investigating the problem before it was taken off the road.

Thanks,
Rich
Hey Rich

The details are here:
http://pagid.com/25-25/

Patrick,