Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th January 2022, 22:12   #11
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Maybe the club could hold some sort of consent form within members details, where in a case such as this, the club could pass on members info for a local member to pop around and see if all is well.
That's certainly something to think about. There's a few legislative drivers around this but nothing insurmountable. We may need to have a bit of a recruitment drive to create a network of members who can do a visit or call etc, but I'm minded there would be a good response.

Follow The Club On Twitter
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2022, 22:17   #12
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by wullie480 View Post
I have his address from a few years ago when I sold him a few items I can pass it onto admin or a mod with regards getting someone to check up on him.
We have his address on file - perhaps see if Bob gets a reply and then go from there?

One minor issue we do have of course is that we don't insist on members disclosing their home address (or indeed their location). It's not something we would wish to change, but it would make it easier if we knew of a member who was just round the corner.

Old 27th January 2022, 07:59   #13
ChestersDad
Still 75less :-(

1988 Defender 90

Smile

We know Roy from old and where he lives so will pop over and knock on the door - see if he's moved on and/or how he is. It is /was only a few miles down the road from us!

ChestersDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2022, 08:23   #14
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
We have his address on file - perhaps see if Bob gets a reply and then go from there?

One minor issue we do have of course is that we don't insist on members disclosing their home address (or indeed their location). It's not something we would wish to change, but it would make it easier if we knew of a member who was just round the corner.

How about asking members for a phone number to be kept on file Pete?
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2022, 08:40   #15
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I'm sure us older members wouldn't mind supplying a home address. Being, I guess, the ones perhaps most in need at times.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2022, 09:49   #16
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Most of us have phone numbers of one and other members from when we have met at events. Also I have a few addresses to send birthday and Xmas cards to one and other.

On the other side of the coin some members don’t want to stay in touch. I know of one member who is currently in hospital but wants no contact with anyone from the club. I know of members who have been to his home and knocked on the door, before he went into hospital, but he refused to open the door.

So we must respect members wishes if they do not want to keep in touch.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2022, 10:42   #17
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
How about asking members for a phone number to be kept on file Pete?
That's an option - my thinking was along the lines of giving members the choice between providing some contact details to use if they weren't heard from for a period of time, or alternatively provide contact details for next of kin / friend.

Old 27th January 2022, 13:52   #18
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

For me when I was poorly Marinabrian and Trikey kept in touch by phone and it was a real lift that two lovely people bothered to see how I was.
They even sent me a piece of a drivers seat in a frame that looked like someone had died in the seat!
So for some its a great thing to do.

Last edited by coab; 28th January 2022 at 06:52..
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2022, 14:09   #19
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
I'm sure us older members wouldn't mind supplying a home address. Being, I guess, the ones perhaps most in need at times.

COLVERT - I would happily visit you regularly in France and Devon - even if you are on the forum and whether you wanted it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post

On the other side of the coin some members don’t want to stay in touch. I know of one member who is currently in hospital but wants no contact with anyone from the club. I know of members who have been to his home and knocked on the door, before he went into hospital, but he refused to open the door.

To be fair, some of us are like that even when we are feeling well and chirpy!

Giving people the option so that by providing contact details they are also indicating their preference is probably the way forward.
Old 27th January 2022, 19:42   #20
ChestersDad
Still 75less :-(

1988 Defender 90

Smile Roy's okay!

Hello all,

Well I dropped in to Roy's home address today and knocked a couple of times to no avail so I went over the road and spoke to a nice lady (neighbour opposite) who said he was still there just takes a while to get to the door and that he doesn't have his car anymore!

Going back over I didn't need to knock again as Roy was now there at the chained, part opened door.

He took a while to recollect but then recalled a face from the past and we had a short enjoyable chat.

He appears to be fine, a little hard of hearing and not getting about perhaps as well as he did.

He hasn't been on the Forum for a while as he has had to let his car go (and all of his spares!) after a small accident (for which he described as "all his own fault") after which he also decided to relinquish his licence to drive.

Roy volunteered further that he began using the local Bus Service which stops just down the road from his place (one of the reasons why he and Rosemary bought the property in the first place apparently) but that he had a fall on board and now does not use that either so is at home most of the time.

Luckily he has a very good kind neighbour couple next door who looks in on him and gets shopping for him during their own run.

He seems quite happy, loves a chat still and was really "over the Moon" when I told him how some of the guys in the Club have been concerned and were enquiring of him - sufficiently so as to start a thread.
His face really lit up when heard that you guys had done that!

I suggested that, if he is able (and he feels up to it) at some point he might 'pen' a line or two into this thread - dunno if he will.....or can.....

He added that any members are welcome to come over for a cuppa and a chat - "I love a good chat" he said and to thank everyone for their kind thoughts. I bet he has a few stories too!

I have not added too much personal stuff into an open forum but as others have said there might be a bit more info privately.

Best wishes,

PaulN
(ChestersDad)

ChestersDad is offline   Reply With Quote