Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st January 2022, 21:11   #13291
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Default At last

Since I bought my current 75 in September, the reversing beeper, door warning, lights on beeper and seat memory beeper haven't worked. Today, I soldered in the new sounder supplied by Trikey. Halleluiah! everything works. I also fitted a new radio, a cheapy 1 din flip screen thing from Ebay. Once I had removed the rubbish even cheaper radio that was very badly fitted before I got the car, it fitted in very nicely. It has got various hacked wires that had to be made safe and the choc box connectors removed.

Next job, if it's fine tomorrow, is thermostat, gold resistor and try to repair the o/s headlight adjuster.
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2022, 16:18   #13292
YHT
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

I cleaned my midnight blue tourer several times as I didnt seem to be able to wash all the mud off in one go. The reason for the special clean was to go to the funeral of an old friend who died recently; he owned 7 Rover 75's of all ages and types and a Rover 75 was his mode of transport until recently. An engineer during his working life and a gentleman. Will miss the exchange of information, the odd glass of wine in summer evenings, his interest in what I do/did. Dont know whats happening to the 75's!
YHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2022, 19:08   #13293
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Washed the 2.5 Connie today. It looks like a new car now. Wonder for how long? Will have to go and have a look at the diesel in the garage tomorrow, and see if it still starts. It must be three weeks since I started it last..
Old 2nd February 2022, 07:13   #13294
Twisterboy
Loves to post

75 Connoisseur SE in BRG

This was Yesterday - Took my worst alloy away to the powdercoaters.

2004 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

51 of 118 Rover 75s to come off the production line on 21st July 2004

71 of only 235 British Racing Green diesel face lift Connoisseur SE saloons with Sandstone Beige Interiors produced worldwide

Mileage April 2022: 120225 or 2914 in my custody
Twisterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2022, 22:27   #13295
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Took advantage of another sunny & mild day to address three annoying jobs which were starting to get on my nerves.

First was the double USB socket I'd fitted inside the centre armrest which had packed up last weekend, but at least I knew how it was wired/where the fuse was etc. Turned out a solder joint hadn't taken properly and it had effectively become a dry joint. My phone battery died yesterday whilst using the GPS so it definitely had become annoying!

Second were the part-broken front chrome/plastic bezels round the interior door handles. I was inspired by the How-To showing an easy hack of drilling & screwing the bezels onto the plastic handle mount (the oval piece inset into the door card with a centre screw). Nice to have them both refitted.

Third was the inoperative rear washer which - during a 3+hour trip to London last week - had become a hazard. After removing the rear offside trim panel and C-pillar trim, I found the black reinforced pipe with a well-placed straight connector joining two lengths. I removed that and was able to confirm that water was in fact being pumped to that point (ask me how I know..) So reconnected those sections and followed the pipe upwards to the next joint above the headlining (I'd removed the tailgate rubber seal and rear interior light for access) and repeated the process. Then pulled out the central rubber boot between the car body and the opened glass window containing the pipe & wiring, disconnected the straight connector there and blew up the pipe towards the jet. That's when I found the pipe had been crushed and severed on the short final section, caused by the glass station-wagon window fatiguing it over the years.

Rimmers no longer stock either the pipe or the connectors but they're pretty generic (4mm ID pipe, 6mm OD connectors) so ordered fuel hose off eBay and picked up connectors from a shop this afternoon. All being well, I'll get 'er done on Saturday morning. So some nice straightforward detective-type stuff today with good results.

Dougie.
• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 137,000 miles

Last edited by goltho; 3rd February 2022 at 21:02..
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2022, 07:11   #13296
Twisterboy
Loves to post

75 Connoisseur SE in BRG

Again Yesterday - Got a phonecall from the Powdercoaters to say my Alloy was ready for collection, so picked it up and refitted to the 75, looks a million times better.

2004 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

51 of 118 Rover 75s to come off the production line on 21st July 2004

71 of only 235 British Racing Green diesel face lift Connoisseur SE saloons with Sandstone Beige Interiors produced worldwide

Mileage April 2022: 120225 or 2914 in my custody
Twisterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2022, 09:11   #13297
Bazzateer

Default Yesterday

Took the 75 to the local hand car wash team to clean off the road grime. They use the usual power washers and do a decent enough job. Got it home and checked the blue paper towels in the boot for evidence of leaks. All dry! I may have sorted the leaky boot (thanks Cap'n Tolley!).
Old 3rd February 2022, 11:51   #13298
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzateer View Post
Took the 75 to the local hand car wash team to clean off the road grime. They use the usual power washers and do a decent enough job
I'm wary about places that use power washers, used to have a Volvo, took it to a hand wash place that used the power washer, lost all the rear lights for two days until everything dried out.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2022, 16:06   #13299
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Had the tracking checked and adjusted.
Front nearside tyre was wearing badly on outer edge. Found a place that had the Hunter system

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2022, 20:48   #13300
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

Finished off my jobs on the tourer for our drive to the north coast of Scotland before coming down the west coast to stay on the Isle of Skye.

Hand brake shoes adjusted , slight weep on gearbox topped up and the leaking fbh removed and the coolant pipes rejoined with a 20 mm hose joiner.

Hoovered and cleaned the car then went to call down the garage to see how her sister Connie is getting on with her sill repairs . Engine cranked over then the starter motor stopped mid crank , Tried again and nothing..... tried once more and she started ! I suspect the starter contacts are starting to fail at just over 201,000 miles so I don't want to get stuck in Durness so Connie is going to have to do her duty and fill in.
It's a pity as it is the 18th anniversary of me picking up the tourer from Mill MG Rover in Sunderland and driving straight up to Fort William for a tour of the west coast of Scotland !

Parts ordered from DMGR tonight for me to sort on my return.
patrolman pete is online now   Reply With Quote