Old 27th March 2022, 07:14   #164501
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
It that pesky clocks going forward thing.......Our body clocks are all confused
Keep forgetting the bedside clock/radio self adjusts! Put it forward an hour last night then it put itself forward, woke me up at 7am instead of eight

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2022, 07:22   #164502
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Mist and Murrrk (as Carol Kirkwood says) here today. Happy Mothers Day to all the mums.
Old 27th March 2022, 07:32   #164503
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Might have been a bit hasty about the sun burning through the mist, main road has disappeared again,

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2022, 08:10   #164504
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

Gorgeous here this morning, last day of my week off..........don’t want to waste it.
Might pop over to Kielder & experiment with my “new” cameras
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2022, 08:10   #164505
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Looks like another lovely day in store for us.

This morning I shall pop to see my Mum for Mothers day.

Got a ready made (cheating) Steak pie to cook for dinner and then the F1 Grand Prix to watch at 18.00hrs
Old 27th March 2022, 08:16   #164506
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Diesels View Post
Gorgeous here this morning, last day of my week off..........don’t want to waste it.
Might pop over to Kielder & experiment with my “new” cameras
Before I answer your P.M.

Skylight and U.V filters should have only the lightest of coatings. A polarising, ND or graduated filter would be much darker.
Skylight or U.V filter you can leave permanently attached to your lens to act as protection for the front element of the lens.

Those Cokin filters and filter holders......I wouldn't bother with.
They are a throwback from film days when we couldn't modify/mainpulate the image in post production....i.e. Photoshop (other image processing software available)

The only filters I use are the U.V filters for protection, Polarising filter and N.D filters.
Old 27th March 2022, 08:24   #164507
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

Yeah both cameras had the skylights screwed on so I just left them.
As for those filter holders, for all they fit the digital one, I did wonder why you would need them when you can just add the effects later, plus it can add some of the effects itself when you take a pic, maybe they were from a previous camera, he had a few over the years.
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2022, 09:01   #164508
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Morning all.

Been missing for a day or so as fetch MIL out of hospital on Friday evening.

For all of you with various illnesses, pains etc. hope all is going the right way and you're getting the help and support that you need. .

For those of you enjoying various tasty delights you always make me feel hungry .

The saga of MIL continues. Due to come home last Monday but fell going to the bathroom at 3am Sunday night/Monday morning so put on hold for physios to check mobility out - again. Eventually moved to Friday. Is there transport go get her from George Elliot in Nuneaton to close to Swadlincote in Derbyshire (brother in law's place)?

No. . It's across county boundaries so er... no. The fact that it's only about 20 miles and that's where the ambulance came from to pick up up after the fall that broke her hip is irrelevant, apparently. We'll have to come and fetch her.

Then the fun starts about when to pick her up. Left hand, right hand, left big toe and bottom clearly not talking to each other as we had a string of calls about all sorts of stuff culminating in one that asked for the phone number of her GP (presumably they don't have (a) that info in their records () or (b) Google, where they work). Then a call about what meds she is on - er I thought that was what they did? Then a call from MIL asking us to let them have the GP phone number and before we could phone back, a call to say she was ready to discharge from "now."

So off we trot to Nuneaton. The ward staff were brilliant. Helpful, supportive and were prepared with everything that she needed to take home.

This is the point where we found out just how frail and weak an 80+ year old is after a fall and several weeks in hospital. Very slowly and carefully we made our way out of the hospital to the car using her frame. Getting into the car was fun. Getting out of it was even more fun. Obviously the best way to get her safely "home" rather than something designed for the purpose of transporting frail folks about.

Anyway she's now safely installed at BIL's in a familiar house with family.

Take care all.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

Last edited by AndyN01; 27th March 2022 at 09:07..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2022, 09:07   #164509
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Morning all, that sounds like a fun time Andy! best wishes to you mil for her recovery mate.
Old 27th March 2022, 09:29   #164510
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrover View Post
Hi Ian, please be careful with blood clots, it is a clot that caused my Sue to pass away at Christmas, it moved from her knee to her heart and was devistatingly quick. Any form of pain that is slightly different get it checked asap.
Hope the treatment works for you.
All the best Dave

Hello Dave I cant even begin to imagine what that must have been to go through losing your wife.
The breathing pain has subsided significantly last night with the best nights sleep I've had for weeks, Every breath was like someone sticking a knife in your chest.
The calf has shrunk in size slightly & doesn't feel as tight as a drum any more so that pain has relieved slightly too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
There are a couple of blood clot markers: Troponin and D-Dimer blood tests used to help diagnose blood clots.

Ian, if your still in a lot of pain or the pain is unbearable revisit A&E or call out the emergency doctor to visit you at home. You should not have to put up with pain like that. I was tried on a Fentanyl stick on slow release patch which didn’t work. The Oramorph liquid did the trick. I started on 2.5ml in a syringe squirted into the mouth and gradually the strength built up giving almost instant relief. A side effect of morphine is constipation and nausea but there medications which will counter act the side effects. Morphine is calming and addictive but it usually works for severe pain.

Hi Phil That's the test I couldn't remember D-Dimer I even got the normal values wrong, 0.50 or lower is the normal range the doctor said mine was 5000 times greater than that value

I've been given a weeks supply of Apixaban and to take a double dosh for the first week then single doses from the second week onwards .
That reminds me I've got to take this outpatient prescription sheet to my Docs first thing on Monday to get it put on my repeat meds list.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote