Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th July 2015, 19:51   #1
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Default Navall 1 android 4- unable to retrieve information from server

I have an odd problem.

I recently purchased a second navall 1. It came with android 2, and while in that state i added my playstore account, and successfully downloaded a couple of apps to it.

I have today upgraded it to android 4. I then reinstated internet access, and readded my google account to the playstore. But now i am getting the above error and can not install any apps.

All the internet advice suggests i need to update playstore, but how do i do that? I cant see how to get in to playstore settings anywhere.

I tried deleting my account and re adding it. I tried force stop on both playstore and framework and clearing caches, all advised in the web, but none of these worked.

I am pinning my hopes on updating playstore, just need to know how.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2015, 19:56   #2
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

I had a similar problem.
I signed out of Play Store and left the unit switched off over night. I signed in again in the morning and all was fine
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2015, 20:05   #3
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
I had a similar problem.
I signed out of Play Store and left the unit switched off over night. I signed in again in the morning and all was fine
That is the kind of simple fix i like. How do you actually sign out?

Mine seems to be permanently logged in once i add the account, and i cant see any log off options
Old 14th July 2015, 20:13   #4
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post
That is the kind of simple fix i like. How do you actually sign out?

Mine seems to be permanently logged in once i add the account, and i cant see any log off options
Now you're asking, I cant remember! I'm sure there was an option in the Apps home screen.
Failing that log into Google Play/Google on your phone or PC and change your password. Next time you log in on the car it should prompt a different password.

Hope it works,it did for me
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2015, 06:05   #5
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Doesn't the settings have an "account" part somewhere? Android 4 has...
Old 15th July 2015, 15:05   #6
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Anyone else with suggestions? Deleting my account and adding it again didn't work neither did waiting overnight. It just seems to be the play store app. My account works fine on my other naval unit running the same firmware. Connected to Internet fine, just won't download.
Old 15th July 2015, 19:28   #7
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

this one is really puzzling me. I have now managed to reinstall my apps by using a different app downloader. The main one I wanted was the SVOX TTS Voice which is a paid for app, but it installed it and completed the license check ok without using playstore. It also installed the free fusion player app fine.

No idea why play store wont work anymore. I can get in to my account with it but wont download. I am assuming that i need to update the play store app, but cant seem to do it.

Any advice on how to delete the current playstore so that I can install a newer one?

When I log in to my account on my iPad, I can see both of the Naval 1's now, but the newer one just wont play. Very odd.
Old 16th July 2015, 18:46   #8
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
I had a similar problem.
This issue is bugging me. Last night i used an app downloading programme to reinstall the apps i couldnt download due to the playstore problem.

Tonight i thought i would have another crack at updating the playstore app, but as soon as i turned the unit on, it popped up with a message telling me that BBC iPlayer had an update. Clicked go, and it opened up playstore and proceeded to work.

Its been broken since sunday, ive done absolutely nothing to it and it just started working. I am guessing that mine just took longer to start working than Simondi 's did, but i would still like to know what the problem was.

I suppose the moral to the story is that if you get this issue, the solution is to do nothing, just wait. Up to 4 days!
Old 16th July 2015, 19:13   #9
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

I didn't think you could run Android 4 on Navall 1 units ?

As far as i'm aware, it caused huge problems & I even purchased one from Radioguy that I had problems with.

It transpired that someone had tried to run Android 4 on it.

Could be wrong ?!
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2015, 19:27   #10
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh007 View Post
I didn't think you could run Android 4 on Navall 1 units ?

As far as i'm aware, it caused huge problems & I even purchased one from Radioguy that I had problems with.

It transpired that someone had tried to run Android 4 on it.

Could be wrong ?!
Sean radioguy sold an official factory upgrade to android 4 which i have now running on 2 naval 1 units successfully.

They both have 1 annoying issue, which is the factory installed music player garbles the track names, but i get around that by using Fusion Player. This is a much better player, but has the problem that you cant change tracks using the steering controls.

However, android 4 is vastly more stable than android 2 that it came with is. Android 2 was crashing with framework errors on a regular basis, but android 4 has not had a single crash since i installed it on either unit so Im pretty happy with that.

This issue with playstore only affected the lastest unit, despite both units having been upgraded with the same firmware, and since tonight as i mentioned earlier, the new unit has fixed itself somehow.

I am happy with both of mine now. I know that some users have upgraded with some issues with app volumes, but both of mine have been fine and not suffered that particular bug.

Just would like to understand what happened with playstore.