Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th June 2018, 23:02   #1
barry
Regular poster

mg zt 180 sport

Default Kaisers alloy thermostat

Have just completed 1000km since fitting one of Kaiser's alloy thermostat kits. It has replaced the original OE item after fourteen years and a fairly low 74000km travelled. The original thermostat unit failed by only opening a small amount, causing overheating, fortunately without any engine damage. The thermostat casing when removed was reported to be showing a slight evidence of discoloration around the join, no leakage into the vee.
I informed Robert the owner of www.mgrovernz.co.nz that I thought there had been some discussion in the past on the Forum regarding the size of the seals as fitted to Kaiser's replacement thermo. kit and he did take that on board. There was some small use of Hylomar mentioned but I can't confirm yes or no. In service the only different characteristic noticed is the slightly longer time taken for initial warm up from startup for the temp. indication gauge to reach its nine o'clock position.

For the information of members perhaps around Auckland I have had excellent service from MG Rover NZ in Avondale. They replaced for its first time the cambelts, water pump etc on my ZT Sport around a year ago and have now replaced the original thermostat with Kaiser's kit, with no follow up issues. They mainly do Discoverys and Land/Range Rovers these days but he does own a ZT Tourer himself. Lots of second hand electricals and body panels available. Also usually a loan car is offered if neccessary.

Barry
barry is offline   Reply With Quote