Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th December 2019, 18:37   #31
markypicks
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon cdt club se re map 160 bhp

my 75 cdt has had a remap to 160 bhp by bigg russ up west yorkshire .loads of difference and really glad ive had it done . ive had no issues with the car at all .. money well spent rgds mark
markypicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2019, 18:42   #32
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
And you still havn't answered the question asked. Why do you personally feel it important to discredit the map? If you don't believe it is as it says then don't get it and go elsewhere.
I don't feel that it is fair for them to always discredit anyone else work that is a none paid up trader on this forum. Why should they bad mouth SAWS tuning and Force Tuning, saying they have smoky maps, say that MAFless maps are really bad. It is all just to put people off going elsewhere. If they are happy to put a car on a dyno to provide the proof and it does reach 160bhp then I will apologise. But until then it shouldn't be marketed as the "160" map. Just because someone says that it is, is just not good enough.

What if the "160" map does out put 140-145bhp, how would everyone feel if it has been sold as being "160". You would be getting 10% less than advertised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markypicks View Post
my 75 cdt has had a remap to 160 bhp by bigg russ up west yorkshire .loads of difference and really glad ive had it done . ive had no issues with the car at all .. money well spent rgds mark
There is no doubt that there is some more power than stock. But there is more power to be had!

I would definitely like to see how they get more power if they don't "cheat the fuelling"
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2019, 18:42   #33
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
a car with the "160" map and then again after it had a proper remap on
Its statements like this that gets my back right up, how dare you slate the 160 as not being a proper remap? It was written by guys that have forgotten more about these cars that you wish you knew.
Old 17th December 2019, 18:50   #34
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Its statements like this that gets my back right up, how dare you slate the 160 as not being a proper remap? It was written by guys that have forgotten more about these cars that you wish you knew.
How do you get the power if you don't "cheat the fuelling". Surely it isn't much of a remap if you don't increase the fuel!? I like how you think you know how much I know.
Old 17th December 2019, 18:58   #35
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Quote:
How do you get the power if you don't "cheat the fuelling". Surely it isn't much of a remap if you don't increase the fuel!? I like how you think you know how much I know.
We don't discredit Tom Force or SAWs tuning unless jibes are aimed at the 160 remap first.

Show me where I have said anything about the above mentioned remaps unless defending the 160.

And as for throwing more fuel in, the 160 does have increased fuelling but it is written in conjunction with all the other engine parameters, this is why it took years to produce a reliable map, not one done in a few hours.
Old 17th December 2019, 19:10   #36
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
We don't discredit Tom Force or SAWs tuning unless jibes are aimed at the 160 remap first.

Show me where I have said anything about the above mentioned remaps unless defending the 160.

And as for throwing more fuel in, the 160 does have increased fuelling but it is written in conjunction with all the other engine parameters, this is why it took years to produce a reliable map, not one done in a few hours.
I've seen on facebook many times where you have had a dig at either of their remaps when people suggest them. And if someone has a slightly smoky car you say to take off the MAFless remap because it is the cause. More often than not it is actually something else. I had a smoky diesel once, and it was because an injector was actually out of spec and causing the issue. You only get smoke if you are really pushing the map to get the most out of the car which is not what the "160" map does.

I have never said that it is a bad map, just that it doesn't appear to output as advertised. It does improve performance over stock, I don't have any complaints about that, the only issue I have is with the number it is claimed to output.

The remaps done by other companies are far safer than putting a synergy box on which tricks the car into putting more fuel in by telling it it has less pressure than it actually has! The maps are done properly and vary the fuel by driver demand and by the RPM (which is what all maps do, including the "160", I would recommend the "160" over buying a tuning box!).

There are different types of maps out there, of course there is the "160" which is better than stock, doesn't smoke and is reliable. But there are also other maps out there which output more power, and can sometimes smoke if you want it pushed right to the max. People out there should be able to make their choice freely.

The only issue I have is with the actual value the map is being advertised at, I don't have any issues with the people that sell it or use it. I just think that it would be good if a few dyno runs were done, to compare the 114, 129 and the "160" just so people can see for themselves what the maps are like and how the power is delivered and what the actual outputs are.
Old 17th December 2019, 19:13   #37
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
It is all just to put people off going elsewhere.

I'm yet to see any post where a 160 trader has pushed their services over the other people you mention by putting down their services and in fact i'm pretty sure that the vast majority of their business is gained solely by recomendations from happy customers.

These traders you are maligning are also probably the single greatest asset to this club with their wealth of knowledge and preparedness to go above and beyond the call of duty to help fellow owners out. It's rare a week goes by without someone posting the latest instalment of one of them turning out to get a car back on the road in an emergency and i have personally had the benefit of that professionalism and willingness to help recently with a local trader (he knows of whom i speak) and on multiple occasions!!

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2019, 19:30   #38
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I'm yet to see any post where a 160 trader has pushed their services over the other people you mention by putting down their services and in fact i'm pretty sure that the vast majority of their business is gained solely by recomendations from happy customers.

These traders you are maligning are also probably the single greatest asset to this club with their wealth of knowledge and preparedness to go above and beyond the call of duty to help fellow owners out. It's rare a week goes by without someone posting the latest instalment of one of them turning out to get a car back on the road in an emergency and i have personally had the benefit of that professionalism and willingness to help recently with a local trader (he knows of whom i speak) and on multiple occasions!!
The same traders that have previously said there isn't room for a bigger turbo!?
I don't have any issues with the guys, as I have said. Only the number that is attached to the map that is sold by them.

Old 17th December 2019, 19:41   #39
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Well i hate to shoot you down in flames but i know of at least one traders car with a larger turbo already on it so not quite sure where you got that one from.

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2019, 19:51   #40
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Quote:
I've seen on facebook many times where you have had a dig at either of their remaps when people suggest them. And if someone has a slightly smoky car you say to take off the MAFless remap because it is the cause. More often than not it is actually something else. I had a smoky diesel once, and it was because an injector was actually out of spec and causing the issue. You only get smoke if you are really pushing the map to get the most out of the car which is not what the "160" map does.

I have never said that it is a bad map, just that it doesn't appear to output as advertised. It does improve performance over stock, I don't have any complaints about that, the only issue I have is with the number it is claimed to output.

The remaps done by other companies are far safer than putting a synergy box on which tricks the car into putting more fuel in by telling it it has less pressure than it actually has! The maps are done properly and vary the fuel by driver demand and by the RPM (which is what all maps do, including the "160", I would recommend the "160" over buying a tuning box!).

There are different types of maps out there, of course there is the "160" which is better than stock, doesn't smoke and is reliable. But there are also other maps out there which output more power, and can sometimes smoke if you want it pushed right to the max. People out there should be able to make their choice freely.

The only issue I have is with the actual value the map is being advertised at, I don't have any issues with the people that sell it or use it. I just think that it would be good if a few dyno runs were done, to compare the 114, 129 and the "160" just so people can see for themselves what the maps are like and how the power is delivered and what the actual outputs are.
As I said before, I only retort when poked.. I have never come on anyones post and slated a remap until our maps are belittled.

Yes I do suggest taking a mafless remap off if someone has issues, the best way of sorting out a problem is to remove what has been put on the car and see if the problem remains.