Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th March 2020, 09:15   #11
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

I've been stuck in Tenerife since Saturday as the flight home to Newcastle has been cancelled twice. easyJet have me on a flight to Gatwick tonight then me and the wife have to make our own way home up to Newcastle then claim the expenses back.
Hopefully there'll be something left in the shelves when we get back.
As unfortunate as it is with the small amount of deaths mainly to older people with underlying health problems I will be slated for saying it's being blown out of proportion. The majority of people who have it won't know they have it and will recover, some will feel flu like symptoms but again will be ok after a few days.
There will be more people died yesterday from smoking related diseases in the uk than the total amount by Corona since it was first announced a couple of months ago but nobody has wanted the country to go into lockdown and clamour for cigarettes to be removed from the shelves. 4000 people die from the flu in the uk every year. Also dozens of people who need life saving drugs and treatment who die on a daily basis because the NHS and government won't supply them as they are deemed too expensive for one person, again far outweighing the death rate of the corona virus.
As sad as it is for these older people and one death is too many by the way, we need to get things into perspective here or the country will be in meltdown for people and businesses everywhere.

Last edited by ziggy72; 17th March 2020 at 10:08..
ziggy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2020, 10:25   #12
Odd Job
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.0 cdti

I was in Morrisions in Burton On Trent last night, which is just down the road from where I work.

I've got a cold.
Not Covid-19, just a common cold. I do feel pretty lousy though.
So, I need some tissues, I need some sore throat sweets, I need some sort of cold remedy.
Obviously I came away with nothing. All the shelves for that type of thing where empty.

But what was really very sad, a young lady carrying a fairly new born baby was with her partner, they where a Polish couple, the young lady was crying her eyes out and her partner was trying to calm her down, no toilet tissue, no nappies, etc for the baby.

It was really upsetting.

### MG STANDS FOR "MY GREMLIN" !!!
Odd Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2020, 16:19   #13
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Tony, there is nowt on the shelves mate. I have been to a Tesco Kingston Park and you would think the store was closing down, almost every shelf was empty or sparsely stocked. No meat no fish very little veg, no toilet rolls no paracetamol,no hand sanitizer, very little in the way of biscuits, no frozen food. Fish fingers burgers breaded and battered fish empty, no chips or potato products, pizzas very low stock. You might want to stock up on food before you come home.
Old 17th March 2020, 16:53   #14
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

I noticed all the bread and tea bags have been cleared out from my local Tesco today.
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2020, 17:07   #15
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy72 View Post
I've been stuck in Tenerife since Saturday as the flight home to Newcastle has been cancelled twice. easyJet have me on a flight to Gatwick tonight then me and the wife have to make our own way home up to Newcastle then claim the expenses back.
Hopefully there'll be something left in the shelves when we get back.
As unfortunate as it is with the small amount of deaths mainly to older people with underlying health problems I will be slated for saying it's being blown out of proportion. The majority of people who have it won't know they have it and will recover, some will feel flu like symptoms but again will be ok after a few days.
There will be more people died yesterday from smoking related diseases in the uk than the total amount by Corona since it was first announced a couple of months ago but nobody has wanted the country to go into lockdown and clamour for cigarettes to be removed from the shelves. 4000 people die from the flu in the uk every year. Also dozens of people who need life saving drugs and treatment who die on a daily basis because the NHS and government won't supply them as they are deemed too expensive for one person, again far outweighing the death rate of the corona virus.
As sad as it is for these older people and one death is too many by the way, we need to get things into perspective here or the country will be in meltdown for people and businesses everywhere.
whilst you are correct about the deaths we "accept them" and they can be prevented, this has the potential to kill a lot and it is not so easy to prevent and I think it is that that has people scared.

oh, enjoy your extra time away

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2020, 17:56   #16
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
Looks like we will be going back to the strips of newspaper on a bit of string system .............
String! You are posh, we had to do with a nail on the wall.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2020, 18:37   #17
markypicks
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon cdt club se re map 160 bhp

aldi ,lidl and home bargains around stocksbridge lots of shelves empty but as long as we can get bread and milk we will carry on rgds mark
markypicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2020, 00:57   #18
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
whilst you are correct about the deaths we "accept them" and they can be prevented, this has the potential to kill a lot and it is not so easy to prevent and I think it is that that has people scared.

oh, enjoy your extra time away

macafee2
Yes really enjoyed my 3 extra days in 2 different hotels courtesy of easyJet. Not allowed out of the hotels but we didn't have to stay in our rooms until the final day which defeated the purpose of keeping people apart. The final hotel were ordered to close the main restaurant so only the buffet was open and the surprise bill for me and the wife when we checked out this morning was 82 euros for one Buffet meal each. Dare not think of what the main restaurant would have charged.
Typing this from Starbucks at 2 in the morning from st pancras train station opposite kings cross as I have 5 hours to kill til my train back up to Newcastle in the morning and will be the best part of a weeks wages down to top it all off. Happy holidays eh

Last edited by ziggy72; 18th March 2020 at 01:18..
ziggy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2020, 06:13   #19
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Shelves empty here in every shop. Milk available but thats all. Almost wanted to cry last night. Struggled to get my dogs dood even.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2020, 15:15   #20
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
String! You are posh, we had to do with a nail on the wall.
Luxury!
When I were a lad we had to climb a tree, grab some leaves, and wipe our bums with those. And if we got bitey things on our bums it was just too bad!
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote