Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th April 2020, 07:59   #11
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
They wouldn’t have coped. They would have been buried amongst the rubble. Like a few black marketeers. Ahh the good old days.i
when was that the first world war? LOL!

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2020, 20:54   #12
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
when was that the first world war? LOL!

Rev
We watched a few things’happen’ when the yanks were just up the road in what became our school late in 1946. You young whipper snappers missed all the cream cakes, chewing gum, film shows at Christmas and scrambles for handfuls of small change at Christmas. And of course all the ladies of the night that arrived as soon as it got dark.
Anyway, wot you doin wiv yourself you old goat? Hope you bin sayin your prayers in that pulpit for us all. If you put Walsall / Pheasey 1943 in your browser, you could get some entertainment like it used to be..

Last edited by bl52krz; 12th April 2020 at 20:58..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2020, 13:55   #13
AndySA

None at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird View Post
While at work we had a customer who got to close to the person in front of him at the till,a work collegue asked him to step back not once but twice upon asking him a third time he got a bit uptight n started shouting and swearing ( he had his young son with him) at this point security was called to remove him
A few mins later his mate comes in trying to get to the cashier on the till that had him removed he was shouting swearing calling us all the names under the sun threating us then he picked up a bunch of flowers n threw them at the security guards.
I was putting some plant back in the entrance n his mate told me to f...off n threw some flowers at me i just clenched my fist ready to smack the idiot if he came in my face but he went back to his car what a NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- c0ck head

Lets see what tomorrow brings 😳😳
Unfortunately it seems inevitable that there will always be a proportion of the population who try to compensate for a lack of intelligence with belligerence
(listening Mr Trump?).

We too are under lockdown in South Africa and it means just that, only allowed out of the house to buy food and baby clothes and all businesses closed unless granted permission as an essential service. It was for 3 weeks and now extended to 5, then to be reviewed. We have a large proportion of the population with compromised immune systems from HIV (AIDS) and the government is trying to avoid Covid 19 getting into them. So far swift action seems to be working, amazed to note that they have made the UK look pretty lax. The trade off may be a ruined economy.
I am 72 this year so please don't think me a cynical youngster but can't help wondering: Couple of years back countries were very worried about the number of elderly people and the lack of pension funds to pay them, maybe someone up there is listening and if so must be thinking well what do you want?
AndySA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2020, 14:11   #14
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Hi Deb, I am glad to hear you are okay and hopefully tomorrow is a better day.
Gate Keeper is online now   Reply With Quote