Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th April 2020, 20:44   #1
blacknwhite
Posted a thing or two

Black Rover 75 Connie CDT and Twilight Chromactive ZT Turbo

Default Driver's door lock mechanism

I bust the door lock mechanism during the freezing cold one night. Pulled too hard and something broke. Nothing opens the door. It's deadlocked. Key, remote, internal handle do nothing. It's on my Twilight ZT (1 of 1 1.8T) so no chance of just busting everything and replacing it with a resprayed door. Been jumping across to the drivers seat from the passengers side for a couple of months.

I've resigned myself to destroying the door card (obviously it doesn't come off because the door is deadlocked shut). I'll chop it in bits with a grinder to access the lock mechanism. A replacement door card is least of my worries.

I have a replacement door with working internal mechanism. My single biggest problem at the moment is opening the door to change the mechanisms over. If I could open the door I reckon I'm half way there.

Does anyone know of anyway to get the deadlock off. Is there a lever, bracket, something I should push, pull, twist, hit with a hammer, whatever????
blacknwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2020, 21:00   #2
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

The door isn't deadlocked Bob, the large actuating rod from the handle has slipped down the threaded part of the white clip that secures it

If you are careful you should be able to get the door card off enough to open the clip to release the rod, then open the door with the interior pull.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2020, 22:35   #3
blacknwhite
Posted a thing or two

I'm not sure exactly what that means as I can't see anything. I'll look on the spare door I have tomorrow, then it will probably become apparent.
Old 25th April 2020, 07:32   #4
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknwhite View Post
I'm not sure exactly what that means as I can't see anything. I'll look on the spare door I have tomorrow, then it will probably become apparent.
Failing that, John is still working down at Blaydon, I'm sure he's done this once or twice

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2020, 09:57   #5
markypicks
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon cdt club se re map 160 bhp

mine did the same last year big russ up west yorkshire sorted it . the door would not open at all but he did mine he took the door card off from the inside as the door was locked and did it with no damage at all then sorted the lock out as brian says its the road that's slipped on the white plastic if your very careful the door card will come off its the screw at the top nearest the a pillar that you can't get too be patient with it john rgds mark

Last edited by markypicks; 25th April 2020 at 10:00..
markypicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2020, 11:46   #6
blacknwhite
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Failing that, John is still working down at Blaydon, I'm sure he's done this once or twice

Brian
I sent John a list yesterday of things I wanted done on the ZT (with my beer savings during lock down). Belts, bearing, PRT etc. I'll give the lock a try myself first, if no luck I'll add it to the list lol.