Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th May 2020, 15:41   #1
sjc
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 180 Sports +, 2007 completely restored XJ 4.2 LWB Sovereign,Noble M400,LR Discovery 3

Default Key fob repairs Essex ?

Is there anyone we know of that does key fob repairs in Essex,as I’d prefer to take and wait rather than risk them being lost in the post. I’ve had a couple via Timpsons in the past but they are still shut.
Alternatively, who’s our go to guys nowadays? ( MarinaBrian hasn’t any stock unfortunately and I’ve got two to get done on the new car.
Ta in advance
Old 18th May 2020, 17:30   #2
markypicks
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon cdt club se re map 160 bhp

if brain is out of stcok theres plenty of guys on hear send bigruss up yorkshire a pm he might have some rgds mark
markypicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2020, 18:20   #3
Richard1973
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Have you had a look at the shells on ebay? I managed to swap the blade and chip from my worn case to a new one without too much trouble.
Richard1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2020, 19:09   #4
euro44
Avid contributor

mg zt-t 226th made from total of 396

look at sditoo,s post from tech help under " is this a genuine valeo key fob " I sent off for replacement cases to the e bay supplier he recommends, they came by return post , were exactly right and easy to fit. the only difference to the originals was a slightly harder plastic that will probably outlive the car ( or me ) the key blade pulls out of the old case and the new front case clips straight on the old back case meaning no trouble with changing electronics and your old blade glues straight back in with super glue.
euro44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2020, 19:32   #5
sjc
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 180 Sports +, 2007 completely restored XJ 4.2 LWB Sovereign,Noble M400,LR Discovery 3

Thanks for all the suggestions, I did repair one on my first 75 years ago, but this one not only has the unlock button missing but the bit underneath as well so needs a bit more work than me just getting a case.
Old 18th May 2020, 19:35   #6
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro44 View Post
look at sditoo,s post from tech help under " is this a genuine valeo key fob " I sent off for replacement cases to the e bay supplier he recommends, they came by return post , were exactly right and easy to fit.
Thanks for this Chris. You mentioned super glue. My original blade and holder locked firmly into the new case without any adhesive. I had used MarinaBrian's method of soaking it in boiling water to remove it from the broken case. It needed two soaks and a very strong pull but it came out eventually.

Simon