Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th November 2019, 13:40   #1
Rickshaw
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer, 2 X75 Saloon , MGTF Sunstorm

Cool Brake Master Cylinder

This item has gone and my splendid 75 Diesel now failed it's MOT. The problem is that the garage cannot find anywhere to source these from ( I looked on Rimmer's and spoke to them - they did a search and could only find one in Greece! SO, does anyone have any idea where I might get one ?
Would a Brake Master Cylinder off an MG ZT do just as well ?
Advice appreciated
Also ! does anyone know if a R75 v6 Saloon has same Brake Master Cylinder as a R75 V6 Tourer ?
All the best

Last edited by Rickshaw; 12th November 2019 at 19:22.. Reason: Want a spare for my V6 Touer too
Rickshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2019, 19:45   #2
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

What’s up with the current one to constitute a fail?
I’ve my old zt fetid sitting at the side of the house I could remove it from that as it won’t ever see the road again if your in need of one.
Old 12th November 2019, 19:58   #3
Rickshaw
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer, 2 X75 Saloon , MGTF Sunstorm

Thumbs up Good chap

That's just the sort of great response that keeps this club going and is really appreciated. I would certainly take you up on that - except , Rover being Rover , I have been told that a Brake Master Cylinder from a ZT is not correct for either of my cars. If I find that is wrong I will be back. Either way I really DO appreciate your kind offer.
Thanks
Rickshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2019, 06:56   #4
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickshaw View Post
That's just the sort of great response that keeps this club going and is really appreciated. I would certainly take you up on that - except , Rover being Rover , I have been told that a Brake Master Cylinder from a ZT is not correct for either of my cars. If I find that is wrong I will be back. Either way I really DO appreciate your kind offer.
Thanks
I've no idea who said that, but it's complete tosh

I've fitted a 75 master to a ZT and vice versa in the past with no ill effect, the 190 is the only variant with a different bore size, and the one being offered will have originated from a ZT diesel.

What has constituted the MOT fail in the case of the original master cylinder?

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2019, 13:54   #5
Tracker
Loves to post

MG ZT

I would always defer to Brian's superior knowledge on such matters, but would just mention that the Rimmer's parts catalogue appears to say that one version of the brake master cylinder (the one they profess to have in stock) is specified for all ZT's apart from the diesel plus 75 V6 Tourers, the inference being that the other version (the one they don't have) is specified for all other 75's and ZT diesels. I know that the Rimmers catalogue is far from infallible, but I would be interested to clear up once and for all which version is fitted to my ZT 180 auto saloon, as I have retro-fitted 190 front calipers and discs.
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote