Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th November 2019, 10:23   #11
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Thanks all Still not looking at perfectly pristine as I'd liked but it is a 210k+ mile car now. Come a long way compared to the state the engine bay was in when I first bought the car.

This is how it looked in 2014 when I bought the car:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Looking good Rick, unfortunately we won’t get to see it at the NEC as we have had to cancel due to our poorly doggie needing to go back to the vets on Saturday.

Have a great show, and take plenty of pics.
Ah that's a shame Andy we were both looking forward to seeing you both there this weekend. Hope your dog feels better soon mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
someone's car gets a lot of TLC.

Does the brace across the engine make much difference?
Where did you get the wheel bolts from?

macafee2
No due to the bulkhead being so stiff on the car already, I can't say the brace makes any difference. Maybe it would on a track day but not in day to day driving. I only added it as it's shiney

Which bolts? If its the wheel bolts they're just caps off ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusLC View Post
Looks brilliant Rick, Deanne has done a wonderful job getting it all shiney.
I'm on cleaning duty today as she's at work, but I'm sure I'll have her working her miyagi wax on wax off tomorrow at the NEC when setting up lol.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2019, 10:53   #12
Azur
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon. 2,5 V6 Conn.SE auto, Moonstone green, White gold, Dorchester red

Superb Rick, enjoy your time on the show, an opportunity to be enjoyed to the fullest. Looking forward to the images of all your cars.
Emiel
Azur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2019, 11:50   #13
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
Thanks all Still not looking at perfectly pristine as I'd liked but it is a 210k+ mile car now. Come a long way compared to the state the engine bay was in when I first bought the car.

This is how it looked in 2014 when I bought the car:

Great foresight Rick. One thing I regret with my Lagoon is not taking any photos when I first got her - would be nice to compare then with now.

Was intending to come to the show on Friday, but plans have changed so now hope to make it on Sunday. Can't wait to see all the additions .

Oh, and make sure you take plenty of quick detailer with you, as the one draw back I expect you'll find with your added bling is that visitors to the stand will keep touching the shiny bits! I remember my fuse box cover being permanently covered in fingerprints, no matter how often I cleaned them off!

Have a great time, enjoy the weekend, and take LOTS of photos .

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2019, 16:48   #14
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

That’s one well presented show car, I particularly like the underbonnet mirrors they show the engine very well. Enjoy your time at the show.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2019, 19:34   #15
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Jeez, I didn't even recognise it was a diesel until you put the 'BEFORE' pics on, Rick! What a difference! You could convincingly tack a 0 off that mileage. BTW, why do you need to disconnect battery power?
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2019, 21:28   #16
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
why do you need to disconnect battery power?
Rules of the NEC I'm afraid.
Old 13th November 2019, 20:28   #17
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Great foresight Rick. One thing I regret with my Lagoon is not taking any photos when I first got her - would be nice to compare then with now.

Was intending to come to the show on Friday, but plans have changed so now hope to make it on Sunday. Can't wait to see all the additions .

Oh, and make sure you take plenty of quick detailer with you, as the one draw back I expect you'll find with your added bling is that visitors to the stand will keep touching the shiny bits! I remember my fuse box cover being permanently covered in fingerprints, no matter how often I cleaned them off!

Have a great time, enjoy the weekend, and take LOTS of photos .

Cliff
Yes luckily I did take a few pics of the car back when I bought it, only took them to post them up on here at the time So come in handy now for before and after comparisons.

Was great to see you both on Sunday The visitors were pretty well behaved across the 3 days, only had a few get a bit touchy with bits on the car, with one who decided to help himself open the passenger door for a better look inside when the windows were open Had to tell one guy to first stop fiddling with my wind deflector and then to get off the rear lip spoiler where he was leaning on it

Just dont understand some people's mentality, I mean they wouldn't dream to touch the Ferrari F40 in hall 1 or the e-types, cobras etc so why start touching the more modern cars.

We had an absolutely fantastic time though and really grateful for the opportunity to display the car at the show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
Jeez, I didn't even recognise it was a diesel until you put the 'BEFORE' pics on, Rick! What a difference! You could convincingly tack a 0 off that mileage. BTW, why do you need to disconnect battery power?
You're not the only one, quite a few at the show who are familiar with the 75's and ZT's didn't notice it was a diesel at first

As Trikey said the battery is mean't to be disconnected whilst the car is at the show, although no one seem to enforce this as there were car alarms going off a couple times, horns being used and I was demoing my halo ring lights a few times
Old 13th November 2019, 23:44   #18
Teflon
This is my second home

Was good to see you & Deanna as well Rick - really glad you enjoyed the experience.

The Typhoon well deserves its place in the spotlight and after all the drama with the paint job, I can't think of a better way to end the year!

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Old 14th November 2019, 15:00   #19
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Was good to see you & Deanna as well Rick - really glad you enjoyed the experience.

The Typhoon well deserves its place in the spotlight and after all the drama with the paint job, I can't think of a better way to end the year!

Cliff
Cheers Cliff Being asked to have it at the NEC has really got my passion for the car back. After all the nightmares with the paint job I really fell out of love with the car this year. But after getting it sorted and taking it to the NEC I absolutely love it again
Old 14th November 2019, 16:39   #20
Teflon
This is my second home

That's good to hear Rick. I know just what you mean when you have these sorts of issues.

The knocking noise from my V6 really takes the edge off it at the moment and it's hard to feel as enthusiastic about the car as I usually do. Current plan is to not stress about it over the winter months, then have another stab at getting a proper diagnosis in the spring .

Cheers,

Cliff

No. 4 of 6