Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th August 2020, 09:32   #41
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

My main interest would be in a non-turbo version for my own car with a PRT but I've yet to see one of the quality shown above. Out of interest I've queried the availability of these items with a Chinese seller and the result is positive for the turbo version. It might be possible to get near the £25/item mentioned but I think that it would need a group buy of sufficient numbers to achieve it.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2020, 13:01   #42
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

They were/are certainly produced in China, which was the source of those sold by on eBay.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2020, 22:10   #43
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
They were/are certainly produced in China, which was the source of those sold by on eBay.

TC
‘Twas TAZO parts that supplied them, probably SAIC/Nanjing/Rowe manufacture. I checked on Fiacom but they just list the plastic version from the photo.
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2020, 09:08   #44
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovel View Post
‘Twas TAZO parts that supplied them,
A ten day wonder unfortunately.

TC
Old 30th August 2020, 11:27   #45
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

I think that they are an aftermarket part made to resolve a common failure point. A quick google shows that alloy castings are available for a number of different cars where oem plastic items are known to cause problems. The source I've identified has very limited stock which as it stands would render a group buy unviable. I will hold on asking the seller if more can be obtained until I receive replies from a couple of other sellers. The price these were sold by Tazo (£25) is difficult to comprehend if he was importing to the UK from China. It only looks feasible if he was importing from the EU and at a factory direct price. It was over 2 years ago that he sold them and events since will have conspired against that price but even so it was a cracking price. Maybe too good for his own interests given the quick demise of his business.
Old 3rd September 2020, 12:18   #46
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

I don't sense any interest in this item which is currently available for £22.36 with free delivery to the UK from China. There is a discount for quantity but even so the price renders it liable for import VAT and the collection fee which outfits like Royal Mail charge to collect the VAT. Then for a group buy there would be UK packing and postage to distribute in the UK all of which would contribute to a selling price of ~ £30. I don't think a group buy is viable at a lower price than that plus the seller is showing only 8 left. So I think that it is best if I just post the link and let anyone decide for themselves on an individual basis what they wish to do. Although liable for import fees some might get lucky and escape them but there is no guarantee. The seller is "Shanghai DT Auto Parts Co., Ltd. store" and the link is to its listing on aliexpress. Click

I messaged 3 sellers in all, only 2 replied. This one and another which I gather does not currently stock this item but is looking in to it and will get back to me in due course - which could be never or possibly not.

Edit: Estimated price corrected to allow for quantity discount and a group buy of 8 minimum buyers.

Last edited by WillyHeckaslike; 3rd September 2020 at 13:49.. Reason: Estimated Price Corrected.
Old 4th September 2020, 21:53   #47
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Looks like it would be easy to make up out of copper pipe.-
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2020, 22:15   #48
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

I do believe that someone might have knocked up such a copper jobbie for the none turbo's .. the Yorkshire I've heard it called. But beyond that I know nothing, nothing at all.
Old 5th September 2020, 09:19   #49
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
I do believe that someone might have knocked up such a copper jobbie for the none turbo's .. the Yorkshire I've heard it called. But beyond that I know nothing, nothing at all.
It was me, I made two variants in copper as an experiment, both of them are in my car bits drawer. If anyone wants me to post a picture I'll dig them out, I've been away for awhile dealing with the fallout from my brother's death in May.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2020, 09:20   #50
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
I do believe that someone might have knocked up such a copper jobbie for the none turbo's .. the Yorkshire I've heard it called.
I guess that was using 'Yorkshire' fittings, the best known bits in the plumber's bag: https://www.pegleryorkshire.co.uk/EN/Brands/Yorkshire

The difficulty would be getting the equal Tee connector for 30 to 32mm OD copper pipe. If there are such bits, the rest's a doddle.

TC