Old 5th October 2020, 20:48   #11
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
NO,I meant they spared you from watching Sundays humiliating result
Alas no, I got a day pass from Now TV. Villa were good, Liverpool were bad, 2 or 3 gifted goals 2 or 3 deflected goals, poor passing, poor marking.
As Klopp said, all the mistakes they could make they put into one game.

what a waste of £9.99

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2020, 17:38   #12
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
NO,I meant they spared you from watching Sundays humiliating result
Lol.

I never worked for BT but I was once a small shareholder who did read the annual report/brochure which was sent to me. As a result I sent a tongue-in-cheek query to the Chairman, Sir Ian Vallance, and I was stunned to receive a reply from him and a small payment via his personal secretary. Apparently he valued the feedback and was equally amused by my point. I was never one of the shareholders who pushed for his resignation, I think that he is old school who values his roots and the paying customer. The type of guy/girl which the British economy benefits from.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2020, 19:15   #13
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

I've never understood why PLUSNET is so much cheaper than BT, yet is a BT subsidiary. I'd change tomorrow but I'd lose my BT email which is with hundreds of friends and old customers. Before someone tells me yes I could switch but I'd have to pay BT £7 or so a month just to retain the email address, which rather spoils the point.
Old 6th October 2020, 20:14   #14
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Lol.

I never worked for BT but I was once a small shareholder who did read the annual report/brochure which was sent to me. As a result I sent a tongue-in-cheek query to the Chairman, Sir Ian Vallance, and I was stunned to receive a reply from him and a small payment via his personal secretary. Apparently he valued the feedback and was equally amused by my point. I was never one of the shareholders who pushed for his resignation, I think that he is old school who values his roots and the paying customer. The type of guy/girl which the British economy benefits from.
I beg to differ, in it for himself I have always thought

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2020, 20:48   #15
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
I've never understood why PLUSNET is so much cheaper than BT, yet is a BT subsidiary.
..and so much better, they are really on the ball. They were not always a BT subsidiary.

Likely BT would leave your webmail page open for incoming mail, so you could just reply to them via PLusnet, with your updated email address.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2020, 22:13   #16
skellum
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Sorry Gents, but as a yardstick I offer you . . . .
Vodafone.

Our kid lost his phone last weekend, and as the account holder I had to lodge the insurance claim. Only been with them 10 years or so, every bill paid on time, never been a 'demanding' customer. In the end it took 3 days, 5 calls, and perhaps 6 hours just to report a lost phone. Had one of their operators hang up on me after being on hold for a quarter of an hour. Spoke to 2 operators who could barely speak English.
Utterly, utterly useless.
skellum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2020, 07:02   #17
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Had one of their operators hang up on me after being on hold for a quarter of an hour. Spoke to 2 operators who could barely speak English.
Utterly, utterly useless.
I'm with Plusnet for both BB and mobile, except EE actually provide the mobile service. EE, when you need to ring them are quick and based in Lancashire (Liverpool I think).

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote