Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th August 2020, 17:04   #1
GeoffA

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Replacement Stereo advice

I've got a 2004 75 that's has a basic CD80 radio/cd player . I was considering getting a replacement upgraded radio because a half working radio unit is not a selling point if I sold the car. I came across these " things " that you can get that transmit an FM signal to the radio and ended up looking at something on Amazon that was a DAB receiver with an SD card facility . The idea of these devices is ok but they do give an untidy appearance to the car with a stack of wires dangling here and there and will they continue to work as they are mainly chinese stuff. I emailed the seller with some questions and very limited help there. That's put me off.

So am now back to my initial thought of a replacement radio .. at a modest price of course. I am looking for an upgrade to DAB but with .. and this is the sticky point .. a card slot or USB for playing music. Am not going back to CD's or Mp3 discs for that matter and getting stuck again.

So does anyone know of a direct radio replacement that would work with the steering wheel controls and use existing power supply leads and aerial .... that is DAB ( ok would consider FM at a pinch ) and ... and has a slot for an SD card or USB. I have seen a couple of possibles. One I think was by Kenwood but it's slot appeared to be for iphones etc - don't want to plug an iphone in ( as I don't have one ) - I want to slot in a card or USB. Oh the aerial - would a separate aeriel be needed ?

It's been many a year since I fitted a radio myself and that was one with just one wire for power the supply and an aerial. Wouldn't relish getting involved with wiring work really.
GeoffA is offline   Reply With Quote