Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th March 2018, 16:45   #171
Stevie25
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Missed NI and Taxes could be recovered and put to additional funding.
Having paid all my taxes for my whole working life, it does make me very angry that individuals and companies find ways to avoid.
Old 20th March 2018, 17:08   #172
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

As regards the Brexit Slogan and extra NHS funding - I never read it as all of it going to the NHS but whatever your view - both sides seem entrenched in a minor facet concerning Boris. Which has to be silly in itself!

But whatever the meaning behind the slogan on the bus - let us remind ourselves of what the Remain side published at the same time.

This is excerpts from a Treasury Paper published in May 2016 and was presented as a virtual certainty in the event of a vote to leave:-

“A vote Leave would represent an IMMEDIATE (my emphasis) and profound shock to our economy.

A leave vote would push our economy into recession and lead to an increase in unemployment of around 500,000

GDP would be 3.6% smaller

Average real wages would be lower

Inflation higher

Sterling weaker

House prices would be hit

Public borrowing would rise

...... compared to a vote Remain.”

The Treasury also presented a more severe senareo where the predicted GDP could be 6% lower !!!!

So here we were presented with a succession of lies and fabrication that puts Boris’s silly Bus slogan re £350M and the NHS into stark perspective.

The only prediction Project Fear got correct was a fall in £ exchange rate. And the result of that was actually a boost to the U.K. economy by way of cheaper exports.

So come on you Remoaners!!! Play fair please!!!

Last edited by Darcydog; 20th March 2018 at 19:31..
Old 20th March 2018, 17:56   #173
Stevie25
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
As regards the Brexit Slogan and extra NHS funding - I never read it as all of it going to the NHS but whatever your view - both sides seem entrenched in a minor facet concerning Boris. Which has to be silly in itself!

But whatever the meaning behind the slogan on the bus - let us remind ourselves of what the Remain side published at the same time.

This is excerpts from a Treasury Paper published in May 2016 and was presented as a virtual certainty in the event of a vote to leave:-

“A vote Leave would represent an IMMEDIATE (my emphasis) and profound shock to our economy.

A leave vote would push our economy into recession and lead to an increase in unemployment of around 500,000

GDP would be 3.6% smaller

Average real wages would be lower

Inflation higher

Sterling weaker

House prices would be hit

Public borrowing would rise

...... compared to a vote Remain.”

The Treasury also presented a more severe senareo where the predicted GDP could be 6% lower !!!!

So here we were presented with a succession of lies and fabrication that puts Boris’s silly Bus slogan re £350M and the NHS into stark perspective.

The only prediction Project Fear got correct was a fall in GDP exchange rate. And the result of that was actually a boost to the U.K. economy by way of cheaper exports.

So come on you Remoaners!!! Play fair please!!!

Summing up then:
Leave lies are being air brushed out of history.
Remain predictions can still come true, currently we are still within the EU, after all.
Old 20th March 2018, 18:04   #174
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post
This link may be of interest, simply in terms of the scale of infrastructure that would be required if the eventual outcome was a "hard" border - http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-40949424
Thanks for that, I was aware of the three hundred miles (!) of NI border. Fair to say it's difficult to decide when a crossing is a crossing or a pathway! I was more interested in the actual mechanism that operates at the Romania/Russia border.

I wonder if the stories about dozens of miles of trucks and hours of physical checks are commonplace or a 'worst situation' rarity. Strikes me that if UK did not agree, the responsibility for erecting border controls would lie with the EU. I'm sure someone must have experience of what happens in Romania/Russia but is for some reason keeping quiet. No telling these days.
Old 20th March 2018, 18:25   #175
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Difficult decisions will have to be made with the Irish border question. I cannot see either side implementing a hard border. The Irish Sea will have to be the border. I would say people will just have to get used to it.
Old 20th March 2018, 18:39   #176
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie25 View Post
Summing up then:
Leave lies are being air brushed out of history.
Remain predictions can still come true, currently we are still within the EU, after all.
Anything is possible - but do read it again - the Remainers stated categorically that the above was a dead cert IMMEDIATELY after a vote to leave.

Now we all know you Remoaners suffer some sort of bizarre desire for a worst case senareo to come “riding over the hill on a white charger” to save your wounded pride.

And you are right - it could happen - odds are that it won’t - but if hanging onto that possibility is what enables you to function as best you can then by all means carry on.

But do forgive the rest of us if we simply let you wallow in your despair at the reality of what the U.K. is achieving - and we simply get on with the job in hand.

In summary - we all know Boris is bit of a Pr@t - if all you can focus on is one of his “quotes” - then I feel sorry for you

Especially given the lies and falsehoods banded about by the likes of Cameron and Osborne via the “Project Fear”.

Like I say - you need to play fair.
Old 20th March 2018, 18:44   #177
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Any chance pejorative terms like "Remoaners" can be dropped? Unless it's also going to be acceptable to start chucking pejorative terms at the pro-Brexit lobby on here - I can certainly think of a few, if I could be bothered engaging on that level.

There's an awful lot of self-congratulation about how friendly and welcoming this forum is, but it has rung pretty hollow for quite some time.
A Nigerian mother of three
Old 20th March 2018, 19:03   #178
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
You would have to ask this question simply: Was the NI border discussed at any time prior to the referendum? answer : NO. No informed debate relating to the impact Brexit would have on NI borders.
NOTHING OF ANY REAL IMPORTANCE was discussed prior to the Referendum because the muppets in government were so convinced that a Leave Result was impossible they did not carry out even the most basic due diligence.

The REAL discussion took place elsewhere - and when reality started to dawn on those in No10 - they resorted to type and did what all politicians do - they told ever bigger and bigger Porkies.
Old 20th March 2018, 19:07   #179
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post
Any chance pejorative terms like "Remoaners" can be dropped? Unless it's also going to be acceptable to start chucking pejorative terms at the pro-Brexit lobby on here - I can certainly think of a few, if I could be bothered engaging on that level.

There's an awful lot of self-congratulation about how friendly and welcoming this forum is, but it has rung pretty hollow for quite some time.
'Remoaners' are being treated in a very derogatory way by some notable posters. We are also fighting for the future of our country as we see it.

I'm thinking more and more that a really hard Brexit with the Brexiteers in charge, possibly a no deal, is the only way forward, rather than a T. May fudge that will please no-one. If the Brexit fails it will then be banished forever.
Old 20th March 2018, 19:09   #180
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Strikes me that if UK did not agree, the responsibility for erecting border controls would lie with the EU. I'm sure someone must have experience of what happens in Romania/Russia but is for some reason keeping quiet. No telling these days.
That's an interesting point, is there any border anywhere that is only controlled one way?

Try google maps and use the history function, it's only a snap shot but at least it's something from satellite photos. Failing that, there are a few eastern European members on here , perhaps that they might know?

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
Closed Thread