Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th December 2018, 17:30   #1
Terryf
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon BRG

Default Unusual for me.

Not moved my car since new battery at start of week, went to get car today and lots of whirring coughing and spluttering but no start. Battery fine, plenty petrol and no fault codes. But under bonnet seems to be damp.
Never had damp in my garage in 49 years, not even when outside area was flooded.
Any suggestions for quick dryout.
Terryf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2018, 17:53   #2
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryf View Post
Not moved my car since new battery at start of week, went to get car today and lots of whirring coughing and spluttering but no start. Battery fine, plenty petrol and no fault codes. But under bonnet seems to be damp.
Never had damp in my garage in 49 years, not even when outside area was flooded.
Any suggestions for quick dryout.
Sounds similar to the issues I had with my V6 a few months back.
Out of the blue, sounds like it's trying to fire but just not quite making it - maybe in-tank fuel pump separation/orange clip syndrome!! Don't think you can check it any other way than inspecting the pump which is accessed from on top of the fuel tank under the rear seat cushion N/S. Little repair kit including instructions available on-line (the orange plastic clip, which is OEM nla, is now white plus a new 'O' ring gasket for about £15).
About an hours work, no special tools and a bit of care - and try to ensure the fuel tank is at least 1/2 empty otherwise you might get raw petrol sloshing about inside your little pride and joy.
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote