Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st September 2007, 12:28   #1
zan110
Regular poster

MG ZT-T+

Unhappy Harmony remote controls...please help!

Hi everybody, I have just bought an 05 75 cdti classic, which the previous owner had replaced the Harmony radio/cassette with an after market one. When I bought the car the Harmony had been refitted (badly!) and the remotes do not work at all, although the radio works fine. The cable from the remotes appears to go into the yellow end of a connector block that is blue,green and yellow. This is not connected to the radio. Is there a cable missing between radio and terminl block?
The connections are different from both the older 75 that i have looked at. Has anyone any ideas?
thanks
Zan
zan110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2007, 16:08   #2
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

The steering controls are not in the mini ISO plugs, they are the Blue/Purple and Blue/Orange cables in the 17 pin BMW plug.
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2007, 16:10   #3
mayor
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi

Hi -you should find that you have the standards ISO connector but you will need an adaptor for the remote controls and depending on the radio you have fitted you it will need to be specific to the radio fitted. Not all radios have this facility. Autoleads have a good selection in my case I upgraded the radio to a clarion and got the lead for the steering remote from autoleads
mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2007, 17:25   #4
zan110
Regular poster

MG ZT-T+

Thanks Ray and Mayor, I'll have a look in the morning. I think it may have been fitted with a Symphony head unit and replaced with a Harmony fitted with the BMW type connector when the previous owner went into receivership.
Now , at least I have something to look for!
zan

Last edited by zan110; 1st September 2007 at 17:28..
Old 2nd September 2007, 10:10   #5
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

You won't need an adapter lead, the Harmony is a Rover unit and will work with the existing steering controls, it just needs the the cables connected through from the car loom.
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2007, 20:00   #6
zan110
Regular poster

MG ZT-T+

Thanks once again Ray:lol:
Old 25th September 2007, 19:16   #7
zan110
Regular poster

MG ZT-T+

Smile topping out

OK guys thanks for your help. I have finally repaced the Harmony with a Symphony and installed an Alpine cd player in the glove box. I am thinking about moving it to the boot but will leave it where it is for the moment. Most of the problems I had arose from mods carried out (I think) by the phone people. My car (which is an 05 Classic CDTI) is not fitted with a BMW type plug but 2 ISO 8 pin sockets (one brown (C0092)for the speakers and a grey (C0098)for power etc. An adaptor lead with two 8 pin plugs connecting through to a BMW type socket had been fitted into the back of the Harmony. There was no sign of any K Bus lead in the cables to the BMW type socket, and the remote cables had been incorrectly connected to the green socket (C0922) which was connected to nothing and even when connected to the Symphony did nothing. They should have been connected to terminals 2 & 3 on the grey plug. Having fitted the Symphony and got the remotes working the CD player would only power up, the head unit did not recognise it. There was a K Bus connection between the two but not into the general K Bus system. In the end I connected a tail from KBus line between the cd and head unit line into a plug (C0982)for the sat nav and immediately the Symphony came to life and the cd player has worked fine ever since.
Anyhow I hope this will help anyone else with this problem.

zan