Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd September 2020, 12:18   #51
Robti
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 190+,Rover 800 vitesse coupe

Posted on a local shops fb page and they got a very positive response to it

It would be greatly appreciated if the mask police stopped coming into the shop and telling the staff to wear masks!

1) We don’t force our staff to wear masks
2) My staff aren’t here to listen to your NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-.
3) stop getting offended when we then tell you to leave because we frankly can’t be bothered listening to your speech on how the news has told you to tell us to wear masks ����NAUGHTY WORD-♂️

Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 13:27   #52
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Thanks for the origin of the poster. Not on the shop front/door then. Or is it that the business itself is embarrassed. So local customers possibly won't see it. Very constructive! Using the medium as a slagging off vehicle doesn't help the honourable cause given the acres of tripe on there. It's also an application form for membership of another group that seems to be only protesting where they cannot be held responsible!

It's really really simple, if a shop speaks like that to you, don't react - treat with the mute contempt it deserves. That's all that is necessary, why justify an argument and getting bombarded with affected phoney hatred that already abounds.

My wife today went into M&S for a coffee after shopping. No paper on a clip- board jobby here, the staff member asked her for her name and address while holding her own phone poised for her own personal entry of Celia's details. Celia just turned and walked away. She, like me, believes that our health safety is just as important, nay vital, as the staffs'. No fuss, no palaver or rudeness.

Why aren't they wearing them? In what way does it interfere with their duties? How far from the source can these little imps actually fly without the falling arc of failure?
Old 22nd September 2020, 20:09   #53
richw
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

I have no issue with a business making some rules of engagement, although during my lifetime rules like 'no coloureds' or 'no gays' have been considered impolite and illegal. Could a business say 'no fatties' or 'no gingers'? How does the mask thing compare?

My issue is the government mandating it. It should be individual choice. Similarly, if you are terrified and want to barricade yourself in your house, then fine, but don't force everyone else.
richw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2020, 21:09   #54
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw View Post
Could a business say 'no fatties' or 'no gingers'? How does the mask thing compare?

It is perfectly legal, because insisting on the mask being worn, does not discriminate against any group.

My issue is the government mandating it. It should be individual choice. Similarly, if you are terrified and want to barricade yourself in your house, then fine, but don't force everyone else.
How can it be an individuals choice, when the idea of wearing a mask is to prevent the individual who might have it, spreading it to others? The mask is not required for the individual wearing it's benefit, but for everyone else they might go near.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2020, 19:55   #55
richw
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

I would agree IF some businesses were allowed to go without masks. Then people can decide. Right now, there is a one-size solution mandated by the state.

Problem now is that everyone is forced to cover their face, so germ-infested cloth rags abundant. I find it uncomfortable and stressful to wear one, and other people wearing them look like monsters. It is extremely dysfunctional to me.
richw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2020, 21:02   #56
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

I guess those that don't want to wear a mask may think they are immune to the virus or that they simply don't care, the same could be said for smokers thinking they wont get cancer, taking a careless attitude in regards to their secondhand smoke when around others.

A bit like when smoking was made illegal in all work places, shops, pubs and clubs, it took sometime for the rule breakers to get the message.

I understand there are those that have a genuine health related condition which stops them from wearing a face mask, breathing difficulties etc. These people still need to be careful though due to how the covid virus attacks the lungs. I would guess the genuine people are most probably isolating anyway, having to be more careful etc, this then reinforces the original idea as to why people do need to wear a mask, so to protect the vulnerable.

There are some thoughtless people out there.

Last edited by Dallas; 23rd September 2020 at 21:29..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2020, 21:15   #57
ADO282
Banned

ROVER 75 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
I guess those that don't want to wear a mask may think they are immune to the virus or that they simply don't care, the same could be said for smokers thinking they wont get cancer, taking a careless attitude in regards to their secondhand smoke when around others.

A bit like when smoking was made illegal in all work places, shops, pubs and clubs, it took some time for the rule breakers to get the message.

I understand there are those that have a genuine health related condition which stops them from wearing a face mask, breathing difficulties etc. These people still need to be careful though due to how the covid virus attacks the lungs. I would guess the genuine people are most probably isolating anyway, having to be more careful etc, this then reinforces the original idea as to why people do need to wear a mask, so to protect the vulnerable.

There are some thoughtless people out there.

There are indeed some thoughtless people out there Wes, however there should not be a blanket approach to mask wearing.

Ir is the false sense of well being and immunity, wearing a mask brings to the wearer, in much the same way any other safety device may make the user complacent to the risk factors to both them, and those around them, that make mandated wearing in certain environments so dangerous.
ADO282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2020, 22:52   #58
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADO282 View Post
There are indeed some thoughtless people out there Wes, however there should not be a blanket approach to mask wearing.

Ir is the false sense of well being and immunity, wearing a mask brings to the wearer, in much the same way any other safety device may make the user complacent to the risk factors to both them, and those around them, that make mandated wearing in certain environments so dangerous.
However no matter what a mask wearer thinks the effect is identical.---Some sort of protection is taking place.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2020, 00:58   #59
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Why all this discussion when events have shown the bests way to handle the issue is Sweden?

It is really that simple.

This is not a second wave, it is the resumption of what was interrupted. I don't have to spell out how wrong this is, so I will let this gent do it.

Last edited by Simondi; 24th September 2020 at 17:55.. Reason: Link removed, a tad extreme for a mere car club
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2020, 11:17   #60
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Accreditation: East Midlands Ambulance Service

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 24th September 2020 at 11:53.. Reason: Accreditation: East Midlands Ambulance Service
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote