Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th September 2020, 16:19   #41
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

I would not worry unduly if I were you. Masks don't help, except preventing you being "spat" in the face.
If you are together with others, just keep at arms length, and you will achieve the same. Mask or no mask.
I wear my mask only if close to others, and then only to please them. It really does not make any difference.! It just placates some people as it looks as if something is done. It can be a morale booster, for some, at best.

Whatever we do, we will all get this virus, as we all get colds and flu. That is the basic fact that very few want to concede. We will all also survive it, like we survive colds and flu. It all works well, until one day it does not!

That is life!!
Old 20th September 2020, 16:33   #42
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
I would not worry unduly if I were you. Masks don't help, except preventing you being "spat" in the face.
If you are together with others, just keep at arms length, and you will achieve the same. Mask or no mask.
I wear my mask only if close to others, and then only to please them. It really does not make any difference.! It just placates some people as it looks as if something is done. It can be a morale booster, for some, at best.

Whatever we do, we will all get this virus, as we all get colds and flu. That is the basic fact that very few want to concede. We will all also survive it, like we survive colds and flu. It all works well, until one day it does not!

That is life!!
Not wearing a face mask here is rewarded with a beating or at worst being shot. Is it the same in South Africa?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2020, 17:08   #43
kaiser
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Not wearing a face mask here is rewarded with a beating or at worst being shot. Is it the same in South Africa?
We haven't quite reached that level. A few people have been killed. But that goes with the territory. Give normal people guns and the power to control others, and many people's psychopathic/sociopathic (or sociopathetic!) tendencies come to the fore.
Early on people got killed, but now they don't dare anymore.

After all I am still alive!!

Just!
Old 20th September 2020, 17:16   #44
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Its not down to the shop workers to enforce the face mask rules, all they can do is ask the members of the public to wear them, they cannot refuse entry or force them to be worn.

The amount of abuse shop workers get on a daily basis is bad enough!
Old 20th September 2020, 18:30   #45
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Its not down to the shop workers to enforce the face mask rules, all they can do is ask the members of the public to wear them, they cannot refuse entry or force them to be worn.

This post from Facebook kinda sums it up

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1600626507464.jpg (64.2 KB, 92 views)
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2020, 14:40   #46
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
We haven't quite reached that level. A few people have been killed. But that goes with the territory. Give normal people guns and the power to control others, and many people's psychopathic/sociopathic (or sociopathetic!) tendencies come to the fore.
Early on people got killed, but now they don't dare anymore.

After all I am still alive!!

Just!
Its great to hear you are surviving.

Actually, we have come to a part of the coast of Kenya where some of the locals are resistant to wearing masks and not keeping to social distancing rules. A few months ago, a gang of them got fed up of the curfew and enforcement regulations and turned tables on the police at a road stop beheading them and stealing their G3 rifles.

Stay safe
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2020, 17:54   #47
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post

The only shop I’ve recently been in that were enforcing the rules and refusing to let people in without face masks was ........ McDonald’s!
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2020, 20:59   #48
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

A problem arises when an employer, or at least the manager of the shop or business concerned, lays the wrongly assumed law down to staff that certain protocols must be adhered to because they assume it's the law. Then the lowly employee is under great pressure to safeguard their job by enforcement.

Celia and I went into a charity shop on Saturday. Just inside the door there was a very elderly lady sitting in a chair and on guard. Raising a hand she, sweetly but determined, demanded I put a mask on. Celia already had one on and I put mine on to avoid embarrassing us all (the lady was seriously older even than us and formidable with it). Problem solved although reluctantly, it's not flippin' difficult! And a smile takes the heat out.

The reality is those who flatly refuse to comply merely have to say, 'No, I am exempt on medical grounds'. You are not required to give details beyond that. If they insist on details you are entitled to refuse to tell them anything more. Of course, they are entitled to refuse entry anyway if they want to, mask or not.
Old 22nd September 2020, 10:23   #49
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

That notice is a really good source of politeness and persuasion.. Not.

Blunt, rude, don't care what you think as long as you agree with me. A typical picture of a crass and aggressive attitude in the modern age. Obviously at the end of a tether.

I wonder where that was placed other than this and the reaction it got. Looks like it was designed as an alternative to a two fingered gesture to an alleged non-believer. Whoever the boss is, if that is the source, he is unsuited and deserves a wide berth.

I would never dream of placing such a thing on my business premises, it is commercial suicide even if limited to a small footfall outlet. Maybe the footfall was so big it doesn't make much difference. There are so many moderate ways of getting the message across, it is obviously from a martinet. It shows a typical lack of charm and courtesy in public life and how far we have become inured to ill-mannered dictatorial shouting. Not an impressive manager or publicist, other than for a cause.
Old 22nd September 2020, 11:20   #50
kaiser
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
That notice is a really good source of politeness and persuasion.. Not.

Blunt, rude, don't care what you think as long as you agree with me. A typical picture of a crass and aggressive attitude in the modern age. Obviously at the end of a tether.

I wonder where that was placed other than this and the reaction it got. Looks like it was designed as an alternative to a two fingered gesture to an alleged non-believer. Whoever the boss is, if that is the source, he is unsuited and deserves a wide berth.

I would never dream of placing such a thing on my business premises, it is commercial suicide even if limited to a small footfall outlet. Maybe the footfall was so big it doesn't make much difference. There are so many moderate ways of getting the message across, it is obviously from a martinet. It shows a typical lack of charm and courtesy in public life and how far we have become inured to ill-mannered dictatorial shouting. Not an impressive manager or publicist, other than for a cause.
I agree. It just goes to show how some people have not understood where their boundary of freedom ends. It ends exactly where my boundary starts.
I would go and tell the shop owner in no uncertain terms what I think of him and his notice. And I would tell his employees too, as I would leave and take my business somewhere else.
If he wants to wear a mask fine.
But that is exactly where it stops!

Last edited by kaiser; 22nd September 2020 at 11:50.. Reason: "f"
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote