Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th December 2023, 03:56   #1
KOFFEE
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Default LSM emergency mode

Hi folks

I think my car has gone into LSM emergency mode and the fact that the low beams come on when I start the car. Well, the one that is working. Also, the blinkers are sort of working I can change the bulbs still doesn't work, try this on two of the blinkers.

When you turn the ignition on the trip media shows actual kilometres since last reset, but soon as you start the car. The word error comes up in the place of the kilometres'

Can anybody please tell me how to reset so my headlights and blinkers and trip meter work again?

This is what the workshop manual says about the LSM emergency mode

In the event of an LSM failure, the lighting system still needs to be driven for safety purposes.
Independent hardware is fitted to Rover 75 and is activated in the event of a LSM failure with the
ignition in position 2. The emergency operation is held off by a functional LSM which supplies
cycling signal to a monoflop which controls the emergency system. The LSM processor provides
the cycling signal and it must operate at a minimum of 15Hz to prevent activation of the emergency
system. If this signal is not present or falls below 15Hz the monoflop enters its stable state and
activates the emergency back up system. When the emergency system is activated, the dipped
beam and the tail lamps are switched on regardless of the position of the master light switch. Also,
the brake lamps will operate as normal when selected. All other functions controlled by the LSM
will not operate.
Emergency operation will also be activated when the vehicle battery terminal voltage is very low
(i.e. less than 6V at the LSM) and the ignition is in position 2.

Be excellent to each other.

Damien
KOFFEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2023, 09:03   #2
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

From the symptoms you describe it sounds like you need a new LSM. Have you had it apart to check for water/other damage?
You can plug in another LSM just to check if that cures the fault.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote