This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

Yes it should.
Old 29th November 2007, 12:01   #32
majedm75
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5V6+Auto - Pack Luxe & Sterling

Default Keep it humble

My opinion only, as an outsider who visits your nice country periodically (on major club meets mosty):
-Debates like this one led a dear country to me (Lebanon) go into complete chaos in 1975 and still has its share of it till nowadays...
-Debates like this is leading a neighbouring country (Belgium) into God knows what (a division? between Wallons and Flemish?)
Wherever one goes in the world, it's the Union Flag flying on consulates and embassies and no other flag. Except for the discerning abroad, all people coming from the UK tend to be considered English except maybe sometimes for the Irish and Scotish (seen this from my own experience and even these are sometime also called English abroad). In my humble opinion, this proves that the UK is already considered as a united single country which is great somehow. The rest seems like details.
Finally, I hope to have the oportunity to visit more places soon in the UK and see for myself the particularities of each region.
Regards,
Majed
majedm75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 16:54   #33
nisfo
Gets stuck in

Erm................

Sorry to say but ST.George.......er.........
Sorry heres a pic

If I'm not mistaken St.George is slaying the dragon, so to put a dragon over the cross of St.George is plain wrong.

Put it in the one corner.

Or even better, on the back.......LMAO....
nisfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 18:23   #34
Rondini
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by majedm75 View Post
My opinion only, as an outsider who visits your nice country periodically (on major club meets mosty):
-Debates like this one led a dear country to me (Lebanon) go into complete chaos in 1975 and still has its share of it till nowadays...
-Debates like this is leading a neighbouring country (Belgium) into God knows what (a division? between Wallons and Flemish?)
Wherever one goes in the world, it's the Union Flag flying on consulates and embassies and no other flag. Except for the discerning abroad, all people coming from the UK tend to be considered English except maybe sometimes for the Irish and Scotish (seen this from my own experience and even these are sometime also called English abroad). In my humble opinion, this proves that the UK is already considered as a united single country which is great somehow. The rest seems like details.
Finally, I hope to have the oportunity to visit more places soon in the UK and see for myself the particularities of each region.
Regards,
Majed
In my travels , outside of our " Isle " we are British , to any local abroad that you talk to we are English , At home I am WELSH and proud of it. Lets keep OUR flag and not share it with the "englishscotishnorthernirish" flag
Rondini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 19:09   #35
nisfo
Gets stuck in

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Scotland now have their own Parliament, so therefor are no longer united with us, hence the Union Jack no longer can mean unified.

The whole design needs an overhaul......Losing the Blue.....lol

I am English, and follow 1066-mcc, every year we fly the cross of St.George with passion, parading with 100's of bikes and cars. This is when we all UNITE for out patron Saint. This is as close as you can get to a United Kingdom nowadays.

When has it been known other than the 11th November, for the whole of the UK to represent their country??

But hey who am I to talk, PC always gets the better of it all sadly, freedom of speech is becoming a thing of the past.

What ever happens to the Union Jack..........I will always fly the Cross of St.George.
nisfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 23:17   #36
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisfo View Post
Erm................

Sorry to say but ST.George.......er.........
Sorry heres a pic

If I'm not mistaken St.George is slaying the dragon, so to put a dragon over the cross of St.George is plain wrong.
Extract :
"Many legends are associated with the Welsh dragon. The most famous is the prophecy of Myrddin (or Merlin) of a long fight between a red dragon and a white dragon. According to the prophecy, the white dragon would at first dominate but eventually the red dragon would win, this eventual victory and recapturing of Lloegr (England) would be, according to Welsh legend, brought about by Y Mab Darogan (The Son of ...). This is believed to represent the conflict in the 5th and 6th centuries between the British Celts (who later became the Welsh) and the invading Saxons".

Maybe St. George was just giving the Red dragon a hand?..............

Legends are written by the victors......

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote