Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th November 2007, 13:38   #1
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

Default A question on eBay feedback

I recently had a non-paying Buyer on one of my eBay auctions. He won the item but did not pay or reply to any communication from either eBay or myself. I believe he received a "non-payer" strike as a result.

My question is this - can I leave negative feedback for this guy without risking retaliatory feedback in return?

I have asked eBay the same question but I would have got more sense from my Golden Retriever

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 13:53   #2
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Quite Often it becomes a *** for tat Process,
They will most probably still will leave negative, but you have the right to reply so People can read all your efforts and Comments.

I have had negative Feedback (which was unwarranted) through the trade Association, but that costs! and appeals direct to EBay fall on Deaf ears unless both parties agree to removal, I'm afraid.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 14:01   #3
SMC Trading
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Hi,

If you went through the unpaid item dispute system and he got a strike then you can leave negative feedback without him being able to do the same, as long as he diddn't respond to the dispute. Basically, if he ignored all requests to pay and made no contact at all then he cannot leave feedback.

Hope that makes sense
SMC Trading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 14:02   #4
mayor
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi

I would post a neg feedback regardless of what this person does and if this person posts a neg feedback back you can always reply and give your reasons in the feedback sections

Last edited by mayor; 28th November 2007 at 14:04..
mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 14:04   #5
Phil260
Loves to post

MG ZT 260

Yes, it's a worry. The guy could be quite scathing if he felt like it. It is annoying, but you are better doing nothing. As far as ebay is concerned, both parties have a chance to put their side of the story and even though you are completely innocent here, the other person could reduce your percentage positive feedback.
Phil260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 14:04   #6
sylvester
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Negative feedback

I think that Ebay acknowledge retaliatory feed back and will strike it off if it occurs. Having said that I was given a negative rating on an item I sold although the text was all complimentary and it was obvious that the individual had ticked the wrong box. Ebay would not strike the feedback off until the chap had contacted them to confirm his error even though they agreed with me that it must have been a mistake.
sylvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 14:07   #7
SMC Trading

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil260 View Post
both parties have a chance to put their side of the story and even though you are completely innocent here, .

Exactly, however, he failed to give his side of the story when asked by eBay through the dispute system so he loses his chance to leave feedback, this is a new rule eBay brought in about 6 months ago - much fairer IMO
Old 28th November 2007, 14:14   #8
Phil260
Loves to post

MG ZT 260

Yes, that sounds much fairer.

On another rant, it does annoy me that sellers wait for buyers to leave feedback when the buyer has completed his part of the bargain as soon as he has paid. The seller should leave feedback first.
Some "shops" insist their feedback is automated and responds to the buyer leaving feedback for them, which I don't believe, and it means that if you don't leave any you don't get any!
Phil260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 14:32   #9
BT@Home
Loves to post

'99 Club CDT / '03 ZT-T + CDTi

Quote:
On another rant, it does annoy me that sellers wait for buyers to leave feedback when the buyer has completed his part of the bargain as soon as he has paid. The seller should leave feedback first.
Some "shops" insist their feedback is automated and responds to the buyer leaving feedback for them, which I don't believe, and it means that if you don't leave any you don't get any!
Hmmm, so picture this the buyer pays for item, and seller sends it out first class, and leaves feedback. The buyer receives the item and decides that royal blue is not really the dark blue that he thought (even though pics showed the colour very well) and so requests that the seller pays for the return delivery, and refunds him straight away, he gets the refund (due to the seller being a nice man), but the buyer doesn't send back the item ... instead he just keeps insisting that the seller has an attitude, and is a fraud for trying to sell wrongly described items. Eventually the seller gets a negative feedback from the buyer, and 6 weeks later gets the item returned, damaged and certainly not resellable.

From the sellers point of point of view the feedback from the buyer is the position at which the seller has completed his duties ... he has ensured the buyer is happy with the item.

As you can tell from the above, as a seller i leave feedback when the buyer is happy with the item and leaves feedback to show this ... I've been caught out twice with people behaving like complete idiots after they receive the item.

BTW: I also now have 2 ebay accounts. One for buying, and one for selling
BT@Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 14:54   #10
SMC Trading

Rover 75

Quote:
Yes, that sounds much fairer.

It is quite true as we run that system here, feedback is automatically left by our system for our buyers once it has been left for us, with a large volume of sales it would take up far too much time doing the feedback thing instead of listing, processing orders etc.