Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th September 2017, 22:31   #101
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

Now its time for the Lordy's report on the 5 day stay and the meet on Sunday.

As you all know I had blown tyre on the way too Andy's place, I was very lucky that my dad was just about too put himself too bed when it happened.

Long story shot tyre replaced drove back home for a final check just in case, better safe then sorry.

Finally arrived at Andy's at 07:30 am The journey was good and hardly anything on the roads just what I like. While cracking havey metal and 80's music, Everyone knows when Lordy's in town.

After a brief kip Met Andy, Debbie and Graham that's when the banters and catch up started. With plenty of tea and coffee.
Also a big large Breakfast ready for the day ahead.

Cheers Andy and debs your hospitality is spot on I can't thank you all enough.

Then after stocking up on tea and coffee it was time too play operation in the workshop where Roy's Green ZT was having her gutz out and timing relined, I wish the probe was that easy too work with in terms of belts.
All of us worked together as a team too get the belts bang on the marks and proud too say we got there.

I almost broke my thumb trying too get the belt on the tensioner, trying too push as hard as I can.
That was rather painful.

Lordy's a idiot.

After that was done it was time for...............................DRINK DRINK DRINK AND MORE DRINK.

I was looking forward too this very much.
We all had a drink, I think me and Andy had quite a bit as we both buying rounds in. Think we were on our 7th or 8th pint I think before the bar closed.

But that didn't stop us from having more when we got home, As I went out for smoke Andy thought it would be a good idea too create the ultimate whiskey drink which without fault I drank, till he mentioned there's 4 different blends of whiskey in there.

My body wanted too reject it so ran outside as fast I could and thrown up, nope not on the drive but next doors neighbours garden.

After that It was time for lights out and straight too bed ready for the meet on Sunday.

Next day comes I've got quite a bit of a hangover, but regardless looking forward too the meet and meet new members and banter with the regulars. I was drinking as much fluids as I can before the meet too try and sober up more quickly.

But I got eventually.

The event was great, the pub was great the cars were great the trophies were brilliant. Too be honest it was perfect day all round, The most important of any meet is the members and the catch ups.
Also a tribute too Barry who sadly passed away, He would have loved the meet.

Andy and Debbie really thought about this and put there hearts and passion too making this meet as it was..................Superb, WE all enjoyed oursefls on the day WE made Barry proud. Thanks again Andy and Debbie when you both do something together you really mean it.

If there was a Trophie for best couple of the year You'd have it in spades.

Will continue with part 2 of the report shortly just been sent on a mission too get some biscuits my dad's moaning again.

Stay tuned.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 16:31   #102
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Time for part two of the write up.

During the final minutes of the meet Gary thought it would be a good idea too work into the women's bathroom LMAO Me and Lydia were laughing our asses off. Even worse as we walking back outside behold Gary's split trouses, he must have been beeping himself when he rliesed what he walked into.

I'll never let that go, and I don't think Lydia will either.

After the meet was finished, we all met up at Andy's place for a chill out and pig out. Tell you what went down like a treat I can tell you.

More chats and banters later, we all decided go head over too the haunted RAF Base that's been abandoned since the late 70's.

We arrived at Dave's links's place whiling listening too Andy's NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- app along the way, either that or someone had a Viderloo and it was slowly coming out with wet farts wouldn't like too be the one too clear out those skid marks later on.

We arrived at the RAF Base and straight away Lydia was starting too Brick it, But with Gary with her Lydia confidents grow.

Finally made it inside the base, Holly sweat jesus was it massive.
A lot bigger then I thought, the rooms and plenty of heaters being left over, If I had a team those would be out of there serviced and sold.

As we were going through the rooms I found the Naafie sign on the floor, something I had too have.

Also my caption photo was taken at one of the bog's, I was King of the Crapper that day.

As we were exploring Dave Links stumbled across a Pigeon in one of the rooms, Dave links been Dave tried too poke it and the end result was IT TRIED TOO S*** ON HIM LMAO lol.

I was right there where it happened.

AS we went up the stirs I found a decent fire door and me being a T.I.T I thought this would be good too scare a few people, grabbed it and slammed it, Lydia didn't jump but Andy Holly beep did he jump LMAO.

Flawless reaction.

Couldn't stop laughing.

We enjoyed the exploration.

We the gang made our way back too Dave Links's and met his Mrs Kate, Brilliant laugh and again Thanks too Kate for her fantastic hospitality Gotter love the house and garden.

We had fantastic time and laughs, telling our stories.
Even got too see a beautifully plumped Badger.

It was a bigun as well.

Never knew they could grow that big.
Learned a few things or two about them now.

Big Thanks too Dave and Kate for having us.

Finally it was time too head back Andy's and Debbie's while listening too the far,t app once again.

I've downloaded it now by the way.

Stay tuned for part three of the report as I'll be pout again in a bit too learn the new round on the vans.

Lest we forget.

Go your own way.

Old 15th September 2017, 18:02   #103
LotusLC
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi Auto / ZT-T Trophy Blue

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,238 Posts

Brilliant write up Dave.
I joined the forum because of the great cars it represents but meeting some of its members has really been the best thing. I have met the most lovely people who I now call friends. Trikey and Debz put on a great meet and would also like to thank Dave lincs and Kate for a great evening. I even got to try some posh coffee lol...

https://i.imgur.com/Cwa3376m.jpg
LotusLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 18:51   #104
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusLC View Post
Brilliant write up Dave.
I joined the forum because of the great cars it represents but meeting some of its members has really been the best thing. I have met the most lovely people who I now call friends. Trikey and Debz put on a great meet and would also like to thank Dave lincs and Kate for a great evening. I even got to try some posh coffee lol...
Cheers Gary glad you enjoyed the read.

That's what its all about.
When it comes too laughs and banters and great friends this is place I always come too, unlike the probe club after my recent backstabbing at me on there.

But beep happens I'll just crack on.

I've made some great friends here and I'll always be here.

Lest we forget.

Go your own way.

Last edited by Lordy; 15th September 2017 at 19:46..
Old 15th September 2017, 19:11   #105
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Great read Dave, sounds like I missed a great day.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 19:43   #106
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
It was a good day Wes, there will always be another one..
Old 15th September 2017, 20:05   #107
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Cheers wes and we will meet before xmas count on it.

Lest we forget.

Go your own way.

Old 18th September 2017, 00:44   #108
whitegold
Passed Away

Rover 75

Sounds as though I missed a great day

Roll on next time!!

Thanks for all the photo's etc.
whitegold is offline   Reply With Quote