Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21st November 2017, 12:53   #31
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Took mine out years ago
Same, life is too short and stressful already

I would argue with the 2% failure rate but life is too short..... etc etc
Old 21st November 2017, 18:45   #32
gazcaz
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubbarelly View Post
I was the first to fit the 9" unit from Xtrons in my ZT to show everyone how they looked and fitted at my expense. And help those that didnt buy one from me with any questions on fitting and spec etc for the one they bought from other sellers!

The 9" from lightning box isnt the same as the connection on the back for the loom will make it stick out the dash a mile!

Cheers
Picture fitted please

234th of 2,834 Trophy Blue ZT 190 + Saloons Produced
14th of 27 MG ZTs Produced on 27-09-2001
Old 21st November 2017, 20:53   #33
roverrich73

rover 75 saloon

Default sean the radio guy...again

I came on here and had a moan about Sean a while back and I subsequently came back on and made a public apology as I did fly off the handle a bit.

Have had developments since then whish I thought I ought to share.

I original purchased a WINCE unit and ordered to replace this a used Navall with DAB from Sean.

I agreed a fitting date with his old fitter and drove 2 hours to be told the fitter did not have the unit to fit despite e-mails clearly stating the fitter should have it.

So I had to go back a few weeks later. This time the unit was there but no DAB. I was puzzled as when I ordered it Sean has units both with and without DAB. I found at then at this stage the DAB is just an add-on module. I thought surely then if this unit came back with it, what happened to it?

I was told this would be sent to me.

Nearly a year later I have still not received it, so I have paid Sean money for something he has still not supplied.

Back to the Navall - it was faulty and kept rebooting all the time.

Sean had no other used units so I paid extra to upgrade to a new Comet unit.

This arrived and I was unaware the wiring loom was different - meaning another 4 hour round trip was required to see the fitter - I also have a digital tv tuner, front DVR and rear camera and I had to snip the soldered wires the fitter had done for the Navall just to get it out.

Sean had originally asked for the Navall to be dropped off at the UPS point but as I was going to the fitter he said to take it with me as that is where it would sent so saved himself the postage.

I had to cancel my appointment as I came down with Norvo virus and it would of been selfish to take it over to his place, so it was re-booked for two weeks after this - this delay was my fault so hands up. Then Sean suddenly said he wanted it sent after all, despite me advising it would only get there 2 days before I came. So I sent it but thought it odd if I was going anyway that week. Sadly on the Friday night before I was due to go the installer suddenly cancelled and said he was no longer doing it. I was disappointed as I wouldn't leave someone in the lurch and would have honoured existing jobs, mine would have taken half hour!

I don't believe in coincidence as find it laughable that Sean said to me he did not know the fitter was going to quit - other members have subsequently told me they knew before so....

This left me with a unit that I could half use.

Which is where I am at - I have sent Sean further messages and in one instance he said what was the issue with my DAB unit!!!!!!!!!!!!! I reminded him the issue was he had not sent it. Oh I was also told the fitter had sent it etc etc

Sean also phoned me up out of the blue as well only to moan to me that a family member had been taken sick, what a thing to throw at a customer! Whilst I hope all was well with that of course, I didn't want to hear it.

But I have had a year of e-mails, with contradictions, one thing, then the next.

And then I remembered Sean's tagline about poor service loom long after low price has been forgotten.

Well if you buy from Ebay most of the sellers of these units use UK distributers and you are protected with the EU 2 year warranty which Ebay have to honour.

Sean also told me I was the only one having issues. Oh and when I had a promo email advertising the comet for far less than I paid for it, I was told it was because I had DAB!!!!!!!! So I have paid for DAB twice and don't even have it yet!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, the Comet doesn't do half the stuff it is meant to but that's on another thread.

So I swear Sean makes it up as he goes.

Welcome any feedback from others............
Old 21st November 2017, 20:58   #34
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverrich73 View Post
I came on here and had a moan about Sean a while back and I subsequently came back on and made a public apology as I did fly off the handle a bit.

Have had developments since then whish I thought I ought to share.

I original purchased a WINCE unit and ordered to replace this a used Navall with DAB from Sean.

I agreed a fitting date with his old fitter and drove 2 hours to be told the fitter did not have the unit to fit despite e-mails clearly stating the fitter should have it.

So I had to go back a few weeks later. This time the unit was there but no DAB. I was puzzled as when I ordered it Sean has units both with and without DAB. I found at then at this stage the DAB is just an add-on module. I thought surely then if this unit came back with it, what happened to it?

I was told this would be sent to me.

Nearly a year later I have still not received it, so I have paid Sean money for something he has still not supplied.

Back to the Navall - it was faulty and kept rebooting all the time.

Sean had no other used units so I paid extra to upgrade to a new Comet unit.

This arrived and I was unaware the wiring loom was different - meaning another 4 hour round trip was required to see the fitter - I also have a digital tv tuner, front DVR and rear camera and I had to snip the soldered wires the fitter had done for the Navall just to get it out.

Sean had originally asked for the Navall to be dropped off at the UPS point but as I was going to the fitter he said to take it with me as that is where it would sent so saved himself the postage.

I had to cancel my appointment as I came down with Norvo virus and it would of been selfish to take it over to his place, so it was re-booked for two weeks after this - this delay was my fault so hands up. Then Sean suddenly said he wanted it sent after all, despite me advising it would only get there 2 days before I came. So I sent it but thought it odd if I was going anyway that week. Sadly on the Friday night before I was due to go the installer suddenly cancelled and said he was no longer doing it. I was disappointed as I wouldn't leave someone in the lurch and would have honoured existing jobs, mine would have taken half hour!

I don't believe in coincidence as find it laughable that Sean said to me he did not know the fitter was going to quit - other members have subsequently told me they knew before so....

This left me with a unit that I could half use.

Which is where I am at - I have sent Sean further messages and in one instance he said what was the issue with my DAB unit!!!!!!!!!!!!! I reminded him the issue was he had not sent it. Oh I was also told the fitter had sent it etc etc

Sean also phoned me up out of the blue as well only to moan to me that a family member had been taken sick, what a thing to throw at a customer! Whilst I hope all was well with that of course, I didn't want to hear it.

But I have had a year of e-mails, with contradictions, one thing, then the next.

And then I remembered Sean's tagline about poor service loom long after low price has been forgotten.

Well if you buy from Ebay most of the sellers of these units use UK distributers and you are protected with the EU 2 year warranty which Ebay have to honour.

Sean also told me I was the only one having issues. Oh and when I had a promo email advertising the comet for far less than I paid for it, I was told it was because I had DAB!!!!!!!! So I have paid for DAB twice and don't even have it yet!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, the Comet doesn't do half the stuff it is meant to but that's on another thread.

So I swear Sean makes it up as he goes.

Welcome any feedback from others............
Very poor customer service, sorry you've had such a nightmare especially from a forum trader
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
Old 21st November 2017, 21:12   #35
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazcaz View Post
If your reading this im not happy i have been trying to contact you for 3 weeks now.Please address the problems with my Head Unit Thank you !

Not booting correctly ie hanging for around 5 minutes before it bursts into life and no Blue Tooth Connection for my phone ,well when it feels like it i have reset it via switch on front but not a factory hard reset if theres such a thing.....
Sorry to hear you are still having problems with your DD Gaz, have you tried cleaning the cache as Sean suggested, that may well be the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrose View Post
Well I am happy to report that both of my Android DD Rungrace units that I bought on the lightinthebox flash sales (one for £13 and one for £48) are both working great with no issues. Thank you to Dallas for the heads up on these units some time ago.
Blackrose
Glad to hear this Blackrose, my units are also working perfectly, not one issue to report. People I meet just dont believe me when I say I paid £12.50 for a £200 unit. A colleague of mine sold his car and sold his RunGrace unit separately, he sold it for £150.

Bit of an update regarding Rungrace, Copy & Paste... They are a global British manufacturer and provider of automotive electronics. Their R&D Team are dedicated to research and development, aiming to provide world-class products including In-Vehicle Audio, In-Vehicle Navigation, Smart Phone Link, Advanced Driver Assistant System (The Bird-View Parking Assistant System, Lane Departure Warning System-LDWS, DVR, Vehicular Communication System, Collision Avoidance System, HUD etc).
Old 21st November 2017, 21:31   #36
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Glad to hear this Blackrose, my units are also working perfectly, not one issue to report. People I meet just dont believe me when I say I paid £12.50 for a £200 unit.

Hi Dallas do they still have these sales ????

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Old 21st November 2017, 21:37   #37
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hi.
I have read so many reports of poor service from Sean, unfortunately Jeff is no longer in the business and TBH who can blame him as he often picked up the pieces.
Now about three or so years ago there was talk of setting up a nationwide repair and fitting service. I thought this was a good idea so i put my name forward as I have been repairing ICE for years and do the odd install. It never came to fruition.
I think now that those who have continual issues should go to an engineer (Radio & TV service trained) and get a full report on the issues, also all emails should be kept and those sent request a read receipt.
If Sean doesn't respond or get the item repaired or exchanged then take advice with your proof and engineers report.
Perhaps if the idea that was put forward some years ago had been done then there wouldn't be the problems now.
Old 21st November 2017, 21:38   #38
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hi.
I have read so many reports of poor service from Sean, unfortunately Jeff is no longer in the business and TBH who can blame him as he often picked up the pieces.
Now about three or so years ago there was talk of setting up a nationwide repair and fitting service. I thought this was a good idea so i put my name forward as I have been repairing ICE for years and do the odd install. It never came to fruition.
I think now that those who have continual issues should go to an engineer (Radio & TV service trained) and get a full report on the issues, also all emails should be kept and those sent request a read receipt.
If Sean doesn't respond or get the item repaired or exchanged then take advice with your proof and engineers report.
Perhaps if the idea that was put forward some years ago had been done then there wouldn't be the problems now.
Old 21st November 2017, 22:06   #39
mgzrjake
Loves to post

MG ZTT 135+ diesel, MGZS 180 saloon MK2

Default Poor service and quality

It’s sad to see and read, it seams nothing has changed here with after sales service or quality of the product! If this thread was on any other Mg/75 site on Facebook the comments would be 10 fold.

Luckily for him it’s just here.
Old 21st November 2017, 22:17   #40
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
Glad to hear this Blackrose, my units are also working perfectly, not one issue to report. People I meet just dont believe me when I say I paid £12.50 for a £200 unit.

Hi Dallas do they still have these sales ????
Hi Number6, The deal went on for 3 weeks or so back in March/April, they have had similar deals from £60 to £100, but nothing worth mentioning at the moment.

Its worth checking these China Wholesale sites from time to time, especially with Black Friday and Cyber Monday just around the corner.

I will keep an eye out for you, but cant promise anything.
These are just some sites to watch.

Lightinthebox

Gearbest.

TomTop.

Banggood.

DealExtreme.

Chinavision.

Geekbuying

DHGate.

DealMachine.

TinyDeal.

EverBuying.

Aliexpress.

and of course Alibaba.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Hi.

These generic brands are great for the private individual to buy direct from China at the cheaper price (without the expensive middleman involved), otherwise you end up paying through the nose for the same cheap quality goods. In the long run you end up wasting your money, just as some members have found when using Radioguy.

I certainly wouldn't want to buy and sell these low end generic units for a living.

Last edited by Dallas; 21st November 2017 at 23:57..
Closed Thread