Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd January 2018, 19:09   #41
mgzrjake
Loves to post

MG ZTT 135+ diesel, MGZS 180 saloon MK2

Default Re trader's name

perhaps this trader should be re-named no Radio or Parts supplied Guy then anybody who buys said items he doesn't have or own dose so at their own risk.
mgzrjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 09:35   #42
7T5
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

I have now had a reply to my pm via email and i expect to have my item within 2 weeks.
7T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 11:26   #43
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Sorry about the colour, but I find it easier to read than black on white. I would suggest that you insert ‘lawman.co.uk into your browser and read. And again I say,you can not sell something you do not own. My Granddaughter is also studying law at university and agrees with me.I have no intention of getting into a long winded conversation, so this is my last post on this subject.
That's not correct as I do this all the time.

I'm an Affiliate Marketer and I pre-sell items which I don't own.

Lawman.co.uk doesn't exist, comes up with a page which gives hosting advice.

Last edited by Neil1; 4th January 2018 at 11:27.. Reason: added more
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 11:53   #44
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

I don't regard the issue here as to whether it is lawful to own goods that you are selling in this manner or whether you are taking payment for goods that you have not yet recieved in from a supplier.

But more that of an indication of delivery time and immediate communication and notification to the customer if there are any hold ups is the very basis of customer service.

The lack of such communication very much appears to be a recurring theme here.

I wouldn't have thought it that difficult to get in touch with a customer to let them know that an item might be delivered a week or two later than anticipated. In fact I would consider it to be a basic courtesy.

Last edited by bendrick; 4th January 2018 at 11:55..
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 12:31   #45
spongeh
Loves to post

MG ZT-T+ 180 Sport Auto

I think this is the page you're referring too: https://www.netlawman.co.uk/ia/selling-goods-non-owner

Which in the introduction states: The basic rule of law is that you cannot sell what you do not own.

Now I'm not defending RadioGuy because I believe what he's doing is wrong on so many levels, but you can sell items that you do no own if you're acting as an agent for the owner.

What I thinks happening here is that you're confusing ownership with possession, RadioGuy has purchased the items from the factory (or agent) and therefore has ownership, but due to a shipping problem he doesn't have possession of the items and therefore cannot fulfill his orders. This is not illegal.

As far as none delivery, the sale of goods act does have regulations around delivery expectations -

The Regulations state that delivery must be made without undue delay and in any event within 30 calendar days of the day the contract is entered into UNLESS:
  • A shorter or longer period has been agreed, or
  • The obligation to deliver arises at the time it the contract was entered into, for example by reference to
    information given to the consumer about delivery time (whether longer or shorter than 30 calendar days) before entering into the contract or otherwise having regard to the nature of the goods (e.g. postal supply of frozen products would have to be delivered in good condition an still frozen on arrival)

http://www.turbervilles.co.uk/blog/c...very-of-goods/
spongeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 12:34   #46
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Sorry about the colour, but I find it easier to read than black on white. I would suggest that you insert ‘lawman.co.uk into your browser and read. And again I say,you can not sell something you do not own. My Granddaughter is also studying law at university and agrees with me.I have no intention of getting into a long winded conversation, so this is my last post on this subject.
No nastiness intended but your posts seem to be becoming less reliable than the posts of the trader in question.

Who is this --LAWMAN you are talking about ???

Also has your granddaughter been studying law for very long ? Could it be she is ,perhaps, mistaken or not yet reached the correct level of competence ?

Bit like those signs that sometimes adorn the rear window of cars.

( If you have any worrying or complicated problems then ask my 17 year old son. He knows everything about anything. )---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 12:46   #47
Neil1

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

These items are covered under this https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distan...for-businesses
Old 4th January 2018, 12:51   #48
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Studying and reading law is one thing but understanding and interpretation of it is quite another
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 12:53   #49
Neil1

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
Studying and reading law is one thing but understanding and interpretation of it is quite another
Very true.
Old 4th January 2018, 13:25   #50
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

I'd also add to the ownership & sales discussion. When do you think a sale actually occurs? It's not on receipt of payment - it's on supply of goods (or services - and services don't exist until they are performed). Acceptance of payment is usually part of entering into a contract to supply. And that's a whole other kettle of fish. My point being that it's not illegal to offer to supply goods you don't own and take payment before you have ownership. In a sense bl52krz is correct: you can't sell something you don't own (apart from the several exceptions outlined in laymans terms on the page at netlawman.co.uk). This doesn't mean that you can't accept payment for goods that you don't own. Failure to supply is possibly a breach of contract and not fraud unless mis-representation occurred. The actual sale only occurs when both halves of the sale contract are satisfied. The purchaser has paid or otherwise satisfied the requirement of the vendor, and the vendor has supplied the goods (or services) promised with good title: i.e. at the time of supply the vendor had ownership of or acted in good faith for the goods owner.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote