Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th January 2018, 19:26   #11
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgzrjake View Post
Look up your build spec off the Reg it will tell you exactly what it came with, did you buy it from Hull ?
yes, it came from Hull
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2018, 19:39   #12
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by first-things-first View Post
Nice. Well presented and cleaned. Good MOT history - nothing too major it failed on.

MG badge at front could have been changed for better aesthetics. Line in IPK - cheap fix.

What's not to like. Looks like Le Mans Green or is it Goodwood Green or even BRG?
The badge was an extra on the 190, described as 'Rhodium' Had them on mine and thought the enamel had dropped out so pulled them off and replaced then with 'standard' ones then found out they were supposed to be like that
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2018, 22:21   #13
mgzrjake
Loves to post

MG ZTT 135+ diesel, MGZS 180 saloon MK2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvo View Post
yes, it came from Hull
Built 2004 Reg in 2005 I think. Hk was not an extra in your car from new it’s been added. Low miles came up from Southampton.
mgzrjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2018, 22:25   #14
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

The asking price is interesting, about double what I paid for mine (which is now on 64k).

So my question is, does the colour and very high spec make it worth particular more or is the market for old MG ZT's not yet that divided?.....or is the dealer just hopeful ??
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2018, 22:35   #15
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Built 2004 Reg in 2005 I think. Hk was not an extra in your car from new it’s been added. Low miles came up from Southampton.
ah, that's interesting - wonder when that was fitted. Do you know the car?
Old 9th January 2018, 23:33   #16
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacuman View Post
The asking price is interesting, about double what I paid for mine (which is now on 64k).

So my question is, does the colour and very high spec make it worth particular more??
I'd like to think so. I've not seen any in this configuration, so I'd hope that accounts for something.

One thing to consider though - This car is worth now what the Hi-line alone was worth when the car was new!
Old 10th January 2018, 08:10   #17
mgzrjake
Loves to post

Quote:
ah, that's interesting - wonder when that was fitted. Do you know the car?
Yes went to see it
Old 12th January 2018, 22:33   #18
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Funny, I was looking through FB earlier for MG related stuff and found some photos of it when it was for sale in Southampton back in early 2017 and shows the HK not fitted then, so it has only recently had it fitted. I'll take that as a bonus it has it now.

Also evident was the black tape over the air bag warning light... seems it was the common problem of an underseat connector now fixed.

Love the car though.
Old 12th January 2018, 23:40   #19
mgzrjake
Loves to post

Quote:
Funny, I was looking through FB earlier for MG related stuff and found some photos of it when it was for sale in Southampton back in early 2017 and shows the HK not fitted then, so it has only recently had it fitted. I'll take that as a bonus it has it now.

Also evident was the black tape over the air bag warning light... seems it was the common problem of an underseat connector now fixed.

Love the car though.
Quiet correct, the seller told me about air bag light being blocked out with tape when he purchased it, it was repaired by him with a block connector passenger side. I went to see this car when on sale on eBay the seller who is well known for selling zt’s and rare monogram cars was more than polite your car is a superb low mileage example I offered £2900 when he had sold it to the chap in hull with a deposit for £2600 he turned me down, yes a man of his word rare these days ! It did not have the Hk unit fitted. He has since sold a Zt se in pbt on ebay which I missed. The seller seamed well up on these having owned and sold around 18 with 4 fire frost along when only 11 were made with others in monogram colours. I’ve seen his feedback back and adverts and your car is there his adverts which are by a long way the best I’ve seen a touch over the top but with plenty of info. with it coming from Southampton via auto trader I did likewise and couldn’t believe it sold for £650

Last edited by mgzrjake; 12th January 2018 at 23:46..
Old 13th January 2018, 10:15   #20
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

I think I've seen the seller on Ebay - he's had a couple of SEs for sale recently. They are wordy his ads I'll give him that. I did see the black one recently, not a colour I would go for really.

When I bought the car from Hull, I spent quite a while talking to him about the car - being over 200 miles away I couldn't go and see it easily, clearly an enthusiast owner as well and he'd attended to lots of the little details on the car.

I had seen a grey SE for sale whilst I was looking, looked nice car but was advertised quite a bit more than I paid for mine, but the MOT history was poor - number of failures for things like worn tyres, emissions issues. This put me off, shows something about how it had been treated by either previous or current owner.