Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd September 2018, 19:50   #1
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

Default Diesel back box heat shield deleted?

Hi folks

Anybody know if the heat shield for the back box on diesel models was deleted at some point (before Oct 2002)?

Mine doesn't have one, there is no change shown in the parts list or the Drive bulletins and I can't be sure it ever had one (however, it certainly never had the steering rack and lower tie-bar heat shields despite there being no mention of those having been deleted but they obviously were).

I also noticed in the Haynes manual that the diesel shown, late 2003 model or later, doesn't have the back box heat shield and the car would only have been 2-3 years old when photographed.

I have heard reports of cars failing MOT's due to missing this heat shield, so I'd like to get to the bottom of this.

Ta, Bolin.
"...the new Rover 75, which is a fabulous car......I think it looks fabulous....It's like sitting in a Rolls Royce......For me, this is the star of the show.....it looks so good" - J. Clarkson, motoring journalist on the launch of the Rover 75 in 1998.
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2018, 19:51   #2
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

My diesel is 03 and it has one!
Old 22nd September 2018, 20:04   #3
Bolin
This is my second home

Cheers Andy - do you know if the VIN before or after 270971??

Just wondering as my June 2001 V6 wasn't reg'd until Feb 2003 so you never know, maybe yours was reg'd late too and the heat shield was deleted after build?? (here's hoping..)
"...the new Rover 75, which is a fabulous car......I think it looks fabulous....It's like sitting in a Rolls Royce......For me, this is the star of the show.....it looks so good" - J. Clarkson, motoring journalist on the launch of the Rover 75 in 1998.
Old 22nd September 2018, 20:27   #4
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolin View Post
Hi folks

Anybody know if the heat shield for the back box on diesel models was deleted at some point (before Oct 2002)?

Mine doesn't have one, there is no change shown in the parts list or the Drive bulletins and I can't be sure it ever had one (however, it certainly never had the steering rack and lower tie-bar heat shields despite there being no mention of those having been deleted but they obviously were).

I also noticed in the Haynes manual that the diesel shown, late 2003 model or later, doesn't have the back box heat shield and the car would only have been 2-3 years old when photographed.

I have heard reports of cars failing MOT's due to missing this heat shield, so I'd like to get to the bottom of this.

Ta, Bolin.

My 2004 Diesel 75 doesn’t have the rear silencer heat shield and has just passed an mot without it being mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2018, 20:43   #5
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolin View Post
Cheers Andy - do you know if the VIN before or after 270971??

Just wondering as my June 2001 V6 wasn't reg'd until Feb 2003 so you never know, maybe yours was reg'd late too and the heat shield was deleted after build?? (here's hoping..)

4D298068 is my VIN
Old 22nd September 2018, 22:17   #6
Bolin
This is my second home

Cheers guys - looks like it should have it then.

Some posts on here had said about MOTs being failed for missing the heat shield, I have got a good s/h one so will fit it to be certain it won't be an issue at the next MOT.

Maybe some testers are interpreting the rules differently?
Old 22nd September 2018, 22:23   #7
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Seen plenty with them fitted and plenty without them, seems earlier cars tend to have them more often than facelifts, but for some reason my facelift ZT CDTI has one, but my other facelift ZT CDTI same year doesn’t
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote