Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th October 2018, 23:18   #21
cloudbase
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Wax Bock

I'd better not tell you, just fell in love with the car, Found my weaker side. It is in absolutely mint condition. Just got to look after it now. Saw a V8 one the other day with only 22 miles on the clock registered if I remember correctly 2017 think it was for sale about £25,000. Anyway you only live once so you might as well have what you want.
cloudbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2018, 23:45   #22
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

Chocolate coin to put on the Christmas tree?? What time of year was it first registered?
"...the new Rover 75, which is a fabulous car......I think it looks fabulous....It's like sitting in a Rolls Royce......For me, this is the star of the show.....it looks so good" - J. Clarkson, motoring journalist on the launch of the Rover 75 in 1998.
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2018, 00:07   #23
Mr Bone
Gets stuck in

75 Cdt. VW Touareg V6 Tdi. Galaxy 1.9Tdi (x2). R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbase View Post
I think I have managed to do the pic's now. Let me know what you think? If I have got something rare and nobody in the world has not got let's start the bidding at £2m
That's a Rover limited edition Fox's chocolate cream, has your car been rustproofed..could explain why that marvel of confectionery is a little waxy.

Old 16th October 2018, 06:49   #24
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbase View Post
I'd better not tell you, just fell in love with the car, Found my weaker side. It is in absolutely mint condition. Just got to look after it now. Saw a V8 one the other day with only 22 miles on the clock registered if I remember correctly 2017 think it was for sale about £25,000. Anyway you only live once so you might as well have what you want.

That is an admirable attitude and one I have highlighted many times in relation to cars that are out of the ordinary.

It's also great fun to see the "expert valuations" and critique completely demolished!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2018, 12:32   #25
Mr Bone
Gets stuck in

75 Cdt. VW Touareg V6 Tdi. Galaxy 1.9Tdi (x2). R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
It's also great fun to see the "expert valuations" and critique completely demolished!
Who has been demolished Maninder.

Old 16th October 2018, 12:42   #26
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

You could ask the vendor if he knows what the block is https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=288319
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2018, 12:55   #27
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

[QUOTE=cloudbase;2677846]Hi Artic, The only reason I thought about the egr bypass was on my old car which had not been looked after was the egr was full of rubbish and so was the inlet manifold which took me a whole day to clean up. As like most owners I do regular oil changes etc in doing so if I keep the original egr on the new car and get a spare one to swap over every year do you think this will keep the manifold fairly clear of the rubbish. I have also seen on one of your threads about the drain tubes. My new one on the drivers side had a blanking plug fitted. Rimmers show 3 tubes, 2 the same size and one larger. I presume the larger one is under the ecu is that correct.
Quote:
The drain tube looks about 4-6 inches long. If I can get one from a scrap yard or somewhere is it just a case of taking the plug out and fitting the tube in or does it fit into something else which I need to get. I would like one of your handbrake compensator mods which you supplied for me on my old car. Will send you a separate PM about this.[/
QUOTE]

Hi Richard.
When you contact me about the compensator remind about the drain tube as I have a few so will include it with the SSC for you (FOC) yes once you have cleaned the EGR manifold /MAP sensor I doubt it would need doing again for a few years, I will await your PM cheers Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote