Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st December 2018, 15:20   #8791
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Fitted the MG7 lights on Odessey
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 15:45   #8792
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithst24 View Post
Fitted the MG7 lights on Odessey

Any pics ?.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 15:56   #8793
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Sprayed WD40 followed by ACF50 into all the door locks, bonnet catches and door handles. Sprayed the door rubbers with silicone. Checked the coolant anti freeze properties, tyre pressures and fluid level checks. Then, most importantly, parked up and had a warming cuppa!
Old 1st December 2018, 16:15   #8794
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
Any pics ?.

Rev
Here you go Rev

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 16:24   #8795
Southern Star
Loves to post

Rover 75 CTDi Contemporary SE

Today I fitted (well, the mechanic did while I watched) the modified handbrake compensator wot I got off of Arctic, and now the handbrake works perfectly.

Also I fitted a new boot plinth as I had the usual PCB problems with my old one. I could have soldered it up I spose but I prefer the pre-facelift plinth anyway. Oh, and I stuck a new badge on it, and one on the front grille too.

Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 17:00   #8796
KeithA
Loves to post

Rover 75 Conny Tourer Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Star View Post
Today I fitted (well, the mechanic did while I watched) the modified handbrake compensator wot I got off of Arctic, and now the handbrake works perfectly.

Also I fitted a new boot plinth as I had the usual PCB problems with my old one. I could have soldered it up I spose but I prefer the pre-facelift plinth anyway. Oh, and I stuck a new badge on it, and one on the front grille too.

Also (re)fitted one today that came from Arctic....was on a car I broke.....and works perfectly with a 3 click handbrake on 25mm adjustment. Textbook!

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk
Old 2nd December 2018, 17:47   #8797
Ross R75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Whipped the front bumper off to get a proper look at the intercooler elbow o-rings. They were in my service history folder as having been replaced with viton o-rings but having done the job both ways before, I wanted to make sure the elbow was properly seated, something you can't see without removing the bumper and headlight.

Elbow area dry as a bone, no leaking o-rings, but I replaced them with new viton ones anyway.

The first owner of the car, forum member Pete Livermore, is an electrical engineer to trade, and has fitted this very professional custom resistor board to retain 3 speed operation when a new fan motor was fitted:

Another little job I've been meaning to do, is to replace the "sawn off" air intake with full size original one. Owners used to chop off the air intake at the bellows, believing it would allow more air into the engine, or reduce the risk of water ingestion. What actually happens with a short intake is that rain water is atomised by the radiator fan, sucked through the air intake and filter, and deposits itself on the heated wire of your MAF sensor. It burns off instantly but all of the salt and pollutants in that road spray are then baked onto the MAF sensor with predictable results. I fitted a brand new Bosch MAF to this car when I bought it in August, so I thought it a good idea to fit the original intake, which has a shedder plate and a drain in any case.

All back together and back in service:

She's a happy lady again:

Next job on the 75, is complete new genuine MGR (Delphi) front shocks, springs, isolators, bump stops, boots, top mounts and drop links that I bought from Mat at DMGRS. I'm quite lucky to have this building for working on my cars. Edinburgh weather is predictably grim in early December and days are short. Here's a quick glimpse of my winter project:

Old 2nd December 2018, 18:25   #8798
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default The NUK ( Tourer )

Swapped out front leather seats, leather arm rest, cleaned and treated rear upper arms, fuel tank straps, cleaned all the brake lines and smeared them with a little grease for the winter.

The wife cleaned all the interior, leather wiped all the seats, everywhere else got the antibacterial wipes over it inside.

Still a few jobs to sort out this week though onwards & upwards

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2018, 19:02   #8799
Southern Star
Loves to post

Rover 75 CTDi Contemporary SE

This weekend I had Arctic's modified handbrake compensator fitted, rodded out the sunroof drains, and started polishing and waxing the bodywork, I've got about half of it done.

Also lifted and wedged up the carpet at the rear- I had the usual problem of flooded carpets earlier this year, did the sunroof drain tube modification and got as much water out as I could- probably 20-30 litres- but the mechanic who fitted the compensator commented on how wet the insulation material still was.

I would take it all out and dry it but as I live on a narrowboat I have nowhere to do that so all I can do is to let it dry out slowly through capillary action.

Next job is to refurbish the alloy wheels, one at a time. Getting there, slowly!
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2018, 17:07   #8800
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Finally got my ZT driveable after dropping it off at the garage for them to replace the catalytic convertor which I had stolen a few weeks back

Fair old saga, having bought what I thought was the correct item from Euro Parts, only to find that it wasn't because it only had two sensor holes instead of three.

Thanks to Andi Willi for supply the correct part from a scrapper. One thing that I immediately noticed was how much heavier the OEM part is, with double skinned pipes etc, compared to the single skin pattern part. I wonder if the Rimmers part is double skinned which might explain why they are so expensive (when they're in stock). Glad I fitted the OEM part after all.

Just need to treat her to a good wash and brush up as she's been sat in the garage a bit neglected.
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote