Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th June 2020, 06:56   #41
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan richard View Post
Yes, same part No. on mine.

DMGRS did say that the load ratings on the V6 & the diesel are close enough together to combine the two.
Hmm......................
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2020, 07:27   #42
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default The definitive answer.

I got out the College car mount yesterday and gave it a really good shake, my wrists made more noise than the mount as it made no sound at all, no sloshing or even a hint of fluid moving around. I then hung it upside down till this morning to give the fluid a chance to sink to the top of the mount, I've given it a good shake again and guess what? Nothing, not a peep. There's isn't a more authentic mount than this one and it makes no noise at all, I also have a very good used one and that's also silent. The other part of my test was the push test to see if I could move it off centre at the tip, I got it to move about 1/4 inch, even with my strength.
It leads to the conclusion that any mounts that make a sloshing noise are just tat and not fit for use, they might do a job but not THE job they're intended for. I wouldn't buy one that sounds like a garden water feature in use.
The last part is....before anyone asks....No!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200629_080237.jpg (139.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 20200629_080248.jpg (104.6 KB, 40 views)
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2020, 07:35   #43
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
I got out the College car mount yesterday and gave it a really good shake, my wrists made more noise than the mount as it made no sound at all, no sloshing or even a hint of fluid moving around. I then hung it upside down till this morning to give the fluid a chance to sink to the top of the mount, I've given it a good shake again and guess what? Nothing, not a peep. There's isn't a more authentic mount than this one and it makes no noise at all, I also have a very good used one and that's also silent. The other part of my test was the push test to see if I could move it off centre at the tip, I got it to move about 1/4 inch, even with my strength.
It leads to the conclusion that any mounts that make a sloshing noise are just tat and not fit for use, they might do a job but not THE job they're intended for. I wouldn't buy one that sounds like a garden water feature in use.
At some point you will need to get all of this nice new stuff put together into the ZT Mike.

It might be a shame to not have the new old stock parts comparison any longer, but boy the car will be nice once finished

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2020, 07:51   #44
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Quote:

Just to add a little more to this.
I consider the internals of these mounts as a 'sealed' hydraulic system, 'loosely' similar to the braking system of the car.
Do you want air in the braking system hydraulics?

Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2020, 09:33   #45
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default Kkb103360

If and when i need one on my R40 diesel Auto it will most likely be an FL1 as they fit our cars with a tiny modification, cutting the thread down a bit.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RH-Engine...0/370491145997

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 29th June 2020 at 12:31.. Reason: rectification
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2020, 10:25   #46
alan richard
Avid contributor

75 Tourer cdti

Quote:
That is the question I was about to ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
If and when i need one on my R40 diesel Auto it will most likely be an FL1 as they fit our cars with a tiny modification, cutting the thread down a bit.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RH-Engine...7/370491145997
That link didn't work or someone else has bought them all!, Arctic.

I was aware of using the freelander version and cutting down the thread.
Only thought is - who is making these now?

One ebay ref for the same search, from a Landy supplier says;

Equivalent to Land Rover KKB103360 (used for reference only)

Applicable to the following :
Freelander 1 – All model years - Td4 Diesel Automatic
Freelander 1 – All model years - V6 Petrol

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RH-Engine...-/370491145997

So it looks as though that part has been combined for the V6/ TD Freelander also
alan richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2020, 10:27   #47
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RH-Engine...7/370491145997

Steve,
that link does not work ? though I have found the item 370491145997

SteveN
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2020, 10:45   #48
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan richard View Post
Yes, same part No. on mine.

DMGRS did say that the load ratings on the V6 & the diesel are close enough together to combine the two.

Not according to one of the Rover develpoment engineers:

The original Rover hydramounts fitted were essentially the same dimensionally but the rubber hardness was different for the 3 engine types due to the differing engine weight which needed to be supported.

The 1.8 (blue paint spot) was 115 N/mm
The V6 (green spot) was 130 N/mm
The diesel (yellow spot) was 160 N/mm

These rates were designed to give approximately 8mm deflection due to the weight of the engine.

So, you could fit stiffer mounts to the lighter versions but I wouldn't fit either of the petrol mounts to a diesel as they will be less durable and may sink so low that they sit on the internal snubber increasing noise and vibration. The stiffer mounts will have noise/refinement penalties on the lighter engines but they will work.

Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2020, 11:21   #49
alan richard
Avid contributor

75 Tourer cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post

Thanks Mike. Those numbers are further apart than I realised.
30N difference means that, if it deflects 8mm on a 160N/mm it will probably be nearer 10mm on 130 (citation required) which seems small for a static load but probably more significant when its bouncing about in use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln8458 View Post
Just to add a little more to this.
I consider the internals of these mounts as a 'sealed' hydraulic system, 'loosely' similar to the braking system of the car.
Do you want air in the braking system hydraulics?
I was holding out hope that the air bubble gave some compressible damping! I think you're correct in this statement though.
alan richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2020, 16:31   #50
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post

The original Rover hydramounts fitted were essentially the same dimensionally but the rubber hardness was different for the 3 engine types due to the differing engine weight which needed to be supported.

These rates were designed to give approximately 8mm deflection due to the weight of the engine.

So, you could fit stiffer mounts to the lighter versions but I wouldn't fit either of the petrol mounts to a diesel as they will be less durable and may sink so low that they sit on the internal snubber increasing noise and vibration. The stiffer mounts will have noise/refinement penalties on the lighter engines but they will work.

The one I've pictured is off the college car which was a V6 2.5, the mount has a yellow spot and I'm now wondering why.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote