Notices

Old 2nd February 2021, 10:37   #71
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I spoke on the phone to mam this morning and as no transportation is being offered to take her to Bolton wanderers football ground she's waiting until her doctors practice gets another vaccine supply however long that will take
I think that's a good idea but does she have a home help who can get on the case. We should all behave with the same amount of caution after the first jab ''cos we have a long way to go. Does your Mam have a friendly local pharmacist who you can chat to? just for reassurance.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2021, 11:49   #72
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
I think that's a good idea but does she have a home help who can get on the case. We should all behave with the same amount of caution after the first jab ''cos we have a long way to go. Does your Mam have a friendly local pharmacist who you can chat to? just for reassurance.

Yes she has a district nurse that comes once a week & she's been on the case for her to have her vaccination jab at home or at the local clinic. This is twice she's had to cancel these appointments now.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2021, 13:03   #73
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Just received my Covid 19 vaccination invite.
Despite having a vaccine centre in Weymouth 2 miles away the nearest offered for my online booking is 27 miles away.
Still it will give me and the car a run out

Last edited by Ian G; 5th February 2021 at 13:07..
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2021, 14:45   #74
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Despite having a vaccine centre in Weymouth 2 miles away the nearest offered for my online booking is 27 miles away.
Had mine done yesterday at Pensilva which is about 14 miles, as you say gives the car a run. Hope you are both keeping well.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2021, 21:51   #75
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Had mine done yesterday at Pensilva which is about 14 miles, as you say gives the car a run. Hope you are both keeping well.
Snap, my first done yesterday too. I got an invite test last week from the local surgery, made the appointment, then received a second invite - letter from NHS to make an appointment with one of the big centres. Nearest 20 miles away.

It was a very slick operation and they were getting ahead of appointments and pulling people in early for the jab.

I've had a sore maybe frozen right shoulder, painful with some attempted moments - so rather than risk having pain in my left too, I elected to have it in my right.

It was almost painless going in. I was expecting a little pain later or at least bruise. The pain was indistinguishable from my usual shoulder pain last night. Strangley, as of this morning, I have an improved range of movement without paint from the joint.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2021, 10:45   #76
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Little update..
Got a text from my local GP practice this morning, vaccination now booked for 16.00 hours tomorrow at my local Covid vaccine centre in Weymouth, so my 54 mile round trip has just become a 4 mile round trip.
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2021, 11:29   #77
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Yes she has a district nurse that comes once a week & she's been on the case for her to have her vaccination jab at home or at the local clinic. This is twice she's had to cancel these appointments now.

At last Mam has had her vaccination jab locally this morning after 3-4 weeks of wanting to send her to locations 30-40 miles away for the vaccination jab

I'm taking my missus for her vaccination jab this evening at a rugby club down in Leigh, I've not had my appointment letter yet.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2021, 12:14   #78
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Any scientists on board today? Or even pigeons wanting to mingle amongst the cats?

In my paper today, on one of the public health pages, a footnote appears – all of 2 column inches – almost as a tossaway afterthought.

Scientists at Tel Aviv University have found that 99.9% of corona-viruses on surfaces can be destroyed in 30 seconds by a light wavelength of 285 nanometers. I had to read that three times when I saw it.

Apparently that wavelength is commonly found in LED lightbulbs. They say more research is needed. I don’t know if it has been peer-reviewed, but a quick search for population vaccination figures has Israel in an interesting position.

That is beginning to look like a rather large spanner emerging from the works. Can anybody else throw some light on this?
Old 9th February 2021, 12:32   #79
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

That sounds like good news to me if proven - anything simple to kill the virus should help.

Why would it be a spanner in the works? The vaccines currently used in the UK don't use whole SAR-CoV-2 particles, only bits of their RNA encased in fatty droplet (Pfizer/BioNTech) or as part of a modified adenrovirus (Oxford/AstraZeneca).

One of the Chinese vaccines does use whole dead coronavirus, as might one of the others recently reporting good phase 3 results. I guess you mean it might be a problem if those vaccines were exposed to LED light during administration? I'd like to think the testing would have picked up on any issues there but there could be a problem in theory.
"...the new Rover 75, which is a fabulous car......I think it looks fabulous....It's like sitting in a Rolls Royce......For me, this is the star of the show.....it looks so good" - J. Clarkson, motoring journalist on the launch of the Rover 75 in 1998.
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2021, 13:17   #80
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Thanks, your knowledge is greater than mine.

If proven to be effective, it seems to be a much more advanced method of control/eradication than the current truly massive and total reliance on what (solely in my ignorant knowledge span) seems to be a hastily, even scary in some respects, developed vaccine.

These wavelengths are as far as we know in common use and have no ill-effects. Extremely cheaply available and presumably everywhere. What could possibly go wrong.